PDA

View Full Version : TOOTH?? WHAT TOOTH? How the heck do I get that out?

dracb
11-20-2016, 08:59 PM
The BC Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis was obviously laid out by someone who thought all hunters and trapper were going to read, with bated breath, that document from cover to cover while keeping copious notes to tie all the various elements of a subject together. I was recently amused to find that tucked away in the glossy un-numbered pages of advertisements in the centre of the synopsis are some important and required reading subjects i.e. Hunting And Trapping Ethics (page 75 in the digital version) and How To Extract An Incisor Tooth (page 78 in the digital version).

Finally, I find instructions in the Synopsis that explain what the government wants in terms of the incisor tooth demanded for a number of compulsory inspectable ungulates (page 29 in the digital version or 21 in the paper version). The required tooth is one of the two teeth in the middle of the group of eight teeth in the front of the lower jaw. The instructions even explain with a diagram how the tooth complete with the requisite root can be removed by slicing deeply along each side of the tooth with a knife. If you take the two or three minutes to gently remove attached soft tissue or jaw bone material from the tooth before it develops it own set of fauna and obnoxious odor I am sure your kindness will be appreciated by all of the ministry personnel who will handle, prepare or study your specimen.

tinhorse
11-20-2016, 09:08 PM
I'm guessing this about mandatory inspection? Just like the pictures show, they come out pretty easy. Clean it up and let dry. Don't store in a plastic bag, don't boil or bleach.

finngun
11-20-2016, 09:34 PM
if ya talking about ya new dentures,,they should come out pretty easy,,,just put them in glass of water overnight..:lol::cool:

srupp
11-20-2016, 10:35 PM
Y uppers just about missed that..thankfully Tim updated me..i sure miss a lot not knowing how to reed..lol

Srupp