PDA

View Full Version : Another Stolen Truck

Ed George
11-18-2016, 10:39 AM
My brother's truck, trailer and equipment was stolen around 3 AM this morning. It is a dark blue Ford single axle with a large flat deck with Bobcat excavator and skid steer. The truck has large lettering of DB Construction on it. It was stolen from Rona South Langley, 246 & 16th Avenue, Langley.

bigredchev
11-18-2016, 10:54 AM
Model truck?

Ed George
11-18-2016, 11:02 AM
F750 I believe, I tried to post the picture. Len just got lucky, he just got a call that the truck has been recovered in Mission. Apparently they blew the transmission and abandoned everything.

Thanks to all.
Ed

vortex hunter
11-18-2016, 11:07 AM
yeah people are losers stealing shit . there should be a club called lets beat the thief's lol my truck was broken into hunting up along chillwack lake rd and the only thing they took was my sweaty camo shirt but left the sub and tools . SOME PEOPLES KIDS

albravo2
11-18-2016, 11:15 AM
F750 I believe, I tried to post the picture. Len just got lucky, he just got a call that the truck has been recovered in Mission. Apparently they blew the transmission and abandoned everything.

Thanks to all.
Ed

Ed, great to hear of a happy ending for a change.

That tranny probably needed replacing anyway;)

bigredchev
11-18-2016, 12:22 PM
I figured that was the truck in question. I guess he gets a free overhaul. I suggest Dave at bc automatic

Camp Cook
11-19-2016, 03:42 AM
We need a forum that is specifically for reporting stolen items with pictures so all of BC can be on the lookout for anything that has been stolen.

okas
11-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Leave the law to the law men HA HAAAA the last two i dealt with were speaking french in front of me :roll: i love this place

r106
11-19-2016, 12:34 PM
We need a forum that is specifically for reporting stolen items with pictures so all of BC can be on the lookout for anything that has been stolen.

thats a great idea

Edzzed
11-19-2016, 01:15 PM
How the heck can you blow a tranny in the distance between Langley and Mission. Tranny must have been on the way out is about the only thing that makes sense. All you really need to do to make a vehicle theft proof is install a switch between the wires that either kills the fuel pump or in my case a push button the must be held in for the engine to turn over. It's not likely that a thief will know they need to hold it in. It's similar to a horn button.

Camp Cook
11-19-2016, 02:56 PM
You can blow a tranny easy in that distance especially if its a standard.

I do have a little experience with drivetrain I am an ex partner of a heavy duty drivetrain shop specializing in transmissions and differentials I worked on drivetrain for 27 years.

Salty
11-19-2016, 06:40 PM

Wouldn't posting it in a busier forum like this get more views than a new forum just for stolen stuff tho?

kilometers
11-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Wouldn't posting it in a busier forum like this get more views than a new forum just for stolen stuff tho?
do you search individual sections?. I just hit the new post button in sub header and I see all new posts

Salty
11-19-2016, 07:16 PM
Ya I go by what forums not new posts.

kevan
11-19-2016, 07:17 PM

This is what I'm thinking, a stolen item forum might only get checked once or twice a day whereas this thread gets the once-over every time I get on the Forum... just my thoughts..

Camp Cook
11-20-2016, 04:35 PM
For stolen items a separate forum where we can list stolen items with pictures serial numbers etc would be great save a guy from having his list disappear from not being viewed.

For stuff being stolen a more popular forum maybe better.

I'd spend time looking thru a forum for stolen stuff but I hate fing thieves and would especially now devote my life to tracking the items or thieves down.

Example we went to the flea market today if I had an online list of stolen stuff that I had glanced thru to compare with I'd be able to possibly spot stolen stuff.

landphil
11-20-2016, 04:51 PM
How the heck can you blow a tranny in the distance between Langley and Mission. Tranny must have been on the way out is about the only thing that makes sense.

Google will show you how to do in 1/2 hour or less. :mrgreen::lol: