PDA

View Full Version : Vortex viper hd

champs
11-17-2016, 07:28 PM
anyone own these binoculars? Considering a purchase. People always say but the best glad you can afford. If this is what I can afford, should I?

dustybeat
11-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Compare everything in that price range, if you can get your hands on them. I purchased the vortex diamondbacks and couldn't be happier. They have excellent replacement warranty likewise with nikkon and leupold.

Rob
11-17-2016, 08:19 PM
I have the vipers. Not sure if they are the HD's as I bought them 8 or so years ago. I've been very happy with them.

albravo2
11-17-2016, 08:30 PM
I've got the Razor HDs. Bought them this summer after my Swaros got stolen by a border inspection agent. I wish I still had them to compare the two side by side, but I certainly have no complaints about the Vortex product.

I think I prefer Leupold scopes and Swarovski binos, but when you factor in the warranty and the fact that I'm hard on gear, I'm leaning more and more toward the Vortex lineup.

jessonml
11-17-2016, 08:32 PM
I have the 10x42 HDs. They are great. Just don't look through anyone's Swaros and you'll be fine. Big mistake.

decker9
11-18-2016, 06:29 AM
I use the viper HD. When I bought them I compared them with the razors and Swarovski slc, I couldn't justify the price difference for the little difference I personally noticed between the 3. But each eye is different.

604Stalker
11-18-2016, 06:43 AM
My hunting buddy has a set and compared to my Bushnell pair they are like gold vs dogcrap I have looked through atleast 6 different sets and have yetnto see one that is as clear and good of a feild of view If they are in your price range I would say go for it.

Cyrus
11-18-2016, 06:55 AM
have them. great warranty as i broke an eye adjustment in minus 25 and snowstorm couple years back. imo worth the money but always something else out there for comparison.

hardnocks
11-18-2016, 07:19 AM
i have viper hds i got them with vortex bucks as i worked part time in a store that sold them . my opinion of vortex ...good stuff for the price...good warrenty and you will need it . i would pay the money and get leupold imo.

sako79
11-18-2016, 07:23 AM
I had a set of vipers HD 10x42. They were pretty clear but they fogged up inside and I had to send them in for warranty. I got them back within four weeks. And then 3 months later I had to send them back in for the same exact problem after I got them back I saw them and bought a set of swaros.

anethema
11-22-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm not a brand loyalty kind of guy, but looking through viper stuff and equiv prices stuff the glass is certainly on par.

Then the warranty just destroys any other brand.

It is essentially lifetime insurance.

You can literally run your scope/binocs over with your car and they will replace them.

The glass won't compare to swaros and stuff though.

todbartell
11-22-2016, 06:31 PM
I used Viper HD 10x42's for a couple years before upgrading to the Razors. I wouldn't hesitate to hunt with them again! Going to the Razor I noticed slightly better performance at the extreme end of shooting light, and a little bit better clarity at the outside edge of the field of view. Viper HD is a solid value, my father in law who runs Swarovski EL 10x42 for his main bino, bought a pair of Viper HD 10x42 to keep in his truck. He says there isn't much difference between the two, except price