PDA

View Full Version : PG66 and the Black Tails

11-16-2016, 08:48 PM
Hey all,
sure miss the Epic a Threads by PG 66 and his pursuit of The Black Tail.

this guy sure contributed a lot to the forum when he used to post his findings, his efforts and successes. Great vids too. Terrific pics.

Wheres them great stories PG 66. Many if us miss YA.

CT

Wentrot
11-16-2016, 08:58 PM
Hey all,
sure miss the Epic a Threads by PG 66 and his pursuit of The Black Tail.

this guy sure contributed a lot to the forum when he used to post his findings, his efforts and successes. Great vids too. Terrific pics.

Wheres them great stories PG 66. Many if us miss YA.

CT

Putting em in to videos on the app

twoSevenO
11-16-2016, 08:58 PM
did he leave because of some disagreement with the board/members, or is he just too busy hunting to post?

adriaticum
11-16-2016, 09:00 PM
He is on Facebook.
Posts a lot and has a new website that he baby sits.
He is focused on his web site I suspect.

coach
11-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Too busy with his app, website and Facebook! He's still sharing though - just not on HBC very often.

adriaticum
11-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Putting em in to videos on the app

So what's your story!?
You think you can just waltz into region 3 and walk out with a cranker unnoticed?

caddisguy
11-17-2016, 08:42 AM
PG66... not welcome here!!! His stories and pics are too distracting and make my blacktail fever flare up :D

Like others said he posts a bunch on FB, but usually drops an HBC post towards the end of the season with a BT hunt story and some golden nuggets of info. Hopefully he will have time this year.

Anyone know if he has taken one this year? I haven't seen any BT down posts but could have missed it.

Chopper
11-17-2016, 08:56 AM
Yes agreed , PG66 is focusing on his app, his storys and knowledge are no longer free ... Frankly I don't blame him. I will add, as an 18 year BT vet I DLed his app more for entertainment value than anything. I personally knew about %75 of the tips he had to offer, Having said that, there were a few thing I picked up that filled som major holes in my game. Even as a Vet, I found info on his app that was detrimental to a good BT game.

The APP is also very well done

Ryo
11-17-2016, 09:34 AM
What is this App called?

adriaticum
11-17-2016, 09:42 AM
What is this App called?

http://www.howtohunt.com/

twoSevenO
11-17-2016, 09:01 PM
Yes agreed , PG66 is focusing on his app, his storys and knowledge are no longer free ... Frankly I don't blame him. I will add, as an 18 year BT vet I DLed his app more for entertainment value than anything. I personally knew about %75 of the tips he had to offer, Having said that, there were a few thing I picked up that filled som major holes in my game. Even as a Vet, I found info on his app that was detrimental to a good BT game.

The APP is also very well done

I don't know him personally but he strikes me as a very down to earth fella who doesn't spread B.S. for the purpose of improving business. He's worked very hard for the knowledge he possesses and I wish him a lot of success in this business venture.

The app is howtohunt.com Look him up on Youtube and on your app store.

i haven't yet paid for it yet, but when i have more time over the holidays i'll chip in $10.99 or whatever it costs and check it out for myself :)

RackStar
11-17-2016, 09:17 PM
I paid for the app. 10.99 for one month with all that great knowledge he has to share, well worth it. Just the entertainment itself in watching them was worth 10.99 nvm the knowledge. I reccomend it. I got the blacktail app.

Salty
11-17-2016, 09:18 PM
From what I recall a couple years back he gave fair warning that he was about to embark on his business venture and didn't see himself having much if any time for HBC. I suspect he's as busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest :) Maybe down the road he'll have some time to come back and say hi..

Gateholio
11-17-2016, 09:22 PM
I haven't talked to him since Monday, but as of then he hadn't shot a BT deer yet. :)

olympia
11-17-2016, 09:27 PM
I haven't talked to him since Monday, but as of then he hadn't shot a BT deer yet. :)

Or maybe he did and is keeping it a secret...lol

RayHill
11-17-2016, 09:31 PM
He has posted on facebook that he is trying to get out Blacktail hunting everyday. That's one real bad ass guy!

markathome
11-17-2016, 09:32 PM

Maybe not - but he's been posting up pics and video of some nice critters so far. I'm always amazed at what he's passing up and seeing daily.

RayHill
11-17-2016, 09:44 PM
He went from deer hunter to the Blacktail Whisper in those videos.... wicked footage... How a guy can work a camera, make amazing videos and hunt at the same time is beyond me.

Chopper
11-18-2016, 12:08 AM
I don't know him personally but he strikes me as a very down to earth fella who doesn't spread B.S. for the purpose of improving business. He's worked very hard for the knowledge he possesses and I wish him a lot of success in this business venture.

The app is howtohunt.com Look him up on Youtube and on your app store.

i haven't yet paid for it yet, but when i have more time over the holidays i'll chip in $10.99 or whatever it costs and check it out for myself :)

Its a lot of money for an app for most people, for myself not a huge deal so ... I like his videos so much I paid him the $270 for the year, I Don't regret it at all.

Having said that I am a stingy BT vet , BT's and Chinooks Salmon are all I care about. No other animals do anything for me, as far as chasing " Big Game " So for me the app was an easy sell

Spy
11-18-2016, 12:42 AM
So anyone using the app connect yet ? Miss Pg Bt posts but can't see myself getting his app.

Chopper
11-18-2016, 01:12 AM
So anyone using the app connect yet ? Miss Pg Bt posts but can't see myself getting his app.

I have no reason to pump the guy at all , I have never met him, nor do I have any connection to him. The app has a lot of content, if a rookie BT hunter had money and was serious about bagging a monster mature BT , the app is really worth it, especially when you look at what I guided hunt would be.

If your on a budget , or are not into just throwing money around, I think the app is pretty pricey. If your a meat guy, and just like getting out there , it might not be worth it for you.

I live, breathe, sleep and literally eat BT'S ... so like I said it was more for entertainment for me, and I am enjoying it

RayHill
11-25-2016, 01:22 PM
You can just get the Blacktail app he has it's only around $10 it might save you $100's in gas for you road hunters haha

Gateholio
11-25-2016, 04:33 PM
The blacktail app would benefit many mule deer hunters, too. We had lunch yesterday and it sounds like he has been having fun despite the challenging weather this year. The best part though? it was his turn to buy lunch!! :)

Arctic Lake
11-26-2016, 01:00 PM
So I saw a few of his videos on YouTube they seem very informative. Is all of his stuff on YouTube ? Can you watch them from first to last ? I don't do Facebook and I don't have a Smartphone. Does he have DVD's to purchase ?

Thanks
Arctic Lake

Bonz
11-26-2016, 01:30 PM
looked through a buddies copy of the app. personly didnt see much that wasnt already free on youtube or others.
nothing personal. just didnt find it worth the cost. i feel just as good of info on here

twoSevenO
11-27-2016, 12:28 AM
The blacktail app would benefit many mule deer hunters, too. We had lunch yesterday and it sounds like he has been having fun despite the challenging weather this year. The best part though? it was his turn to buy lunch!! :)

Well ... give us some updates on this fun he's having. I dont suppose he would call just hiking around in the pissing rain "fun" :P

Chopper
11-27-2016, 10:27 AM
So I saw a few of his videos on YouTube they seem very informative. Is all of his stuff on YouTube ? Can you watch them from first to last ? I don't do Facebook and I don't have a Smartphone. Does he have DVD's to purchase ?

Thanks
Arctic Lake

No , he just has teasers for tips on youtube ... the app is very in depth. I reiterate, its very well done.

Rob
04-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Just bought a 1 month subscription. Great app for sure