PDA

View Full Version : Father/Son First Mainland Hunt

Argus
11-16-2016, 08:08 PM
My son and I are relatively new to hunting on Vancouver Island, and we're quickly discovering grey ghosts are not the easiest to hunt. We've probably spent much of the last couple seasons inadvertently driving blacktail bucks towards other hunters. Nevertheless, getting out in the bush and bagging the odd grouse has provided us both with many wonderful outdoor experiences, and my boy has finally found something that fascinates him more than video games.

We're hoping to improve our fortunes with a weeklong hunting trip to the Interior next fall in the first week of October. I've never hunted on the Mainland, but my folks have a timeshare at Sun Peaks and so I thought we'd give the north side of Todd Mountain a try, as well as the area around Cahilty. I haven't seen many posts about this area in 3-27 and was wondering if any local Kamloops guys might be able to offer some perspective. Mostly looking for bird and bunny opportunities, and maybe a crack at a first buck for both of us.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated!

Kami
11-16-2016, 08:24 PM
Send me a personal message.

11-16-2016, 08:41 PM
Depending on the age of your son, try to take advantage of youth seasons some where.

Great at to hear your out together, and new hunters are specially good. The young guns are our future.

Good of luck to you, can't help with 3-27 though.

CT

TreeStandMan
11-16-2016, 09:54 PM
Sent you a PM.