PDA

View Full Version : Beaver

p0stij
11-16-2016, 06:57 PM
I can't find the info anywhere, if it's clearly written in the regs I must have overlooked it and am sorry.

My question is this, an orchard property I have permission to hunt on has been having serious problems with damage from beavers. The landowner has asked me to shoot the beavers. If pelt and meat are both harvested, would it be legal?

ruger#1
11-16-2016, 07:02 PM
It might be under the trapping section. The best thing to do, Is call the COs office. And get written confirmation.

takla1
11-16-2016, 07:06 PM
I can't find the info anywhere, if it's clearly written in the regs I must have overlooked it and am sorry.

My question is this, an orchard property I have permission to hunt on has been having serious problems with damage from beavers. The landowner has asked me to shoot the beavers. If pelt and meat are both harvested, would it be legal?

if in a no shooting area why not take the trapping course..

takla

p0stij
11-16-2016, 07:22 PM
It's legal to shoot there, I've taken waterfowl on the property I'm just unsure abot the laws surrounding shooting a beaver.

tomcat
11-16-2016, 07:38 PM
It's legal to shoot there, I've taken waterfowl on the property I'm just unsure abot the laws surrounding shooting a beaver.If you have a trappers licence or nuisance permit issued by a CO, no problem.

boxhitch
11-16-2016, 07:38 PM
First off, beaver are not a listed game species, so no go there.
Shooting is a legal method under the trapping regs, so a trapper can use a firearm.
Pest control can be handled differently, call the CO

Skull Hunter
11-17-2016, 07:07 AM

I stand to be corrected, but if the animal is harvested as a pest, where there is no open season you cannot retain any portion of the animal. Similar to if you shoot a bear in self defence but do not have a tag.

A side from that, contact the CO's. The landowner may be required to hire a licensed trapper to take care of the problem. At least if that is the case the hides could be put to use.

Wild one
11-17-2016, 07:39 AM
Trapper license is required to harvest beaver if you don't have one landowner needs to find a trapper or contact CO

p0stij
11-17-2016, 07:58 AM
Ok great thanks guys. I'll let them know, I've been thinking of taking the course anyway, maybe this will be a good excuse.