PDA

View Full Version : Out of Province - Migratory Bird

bigburndogg
11-15-2016, 11:52 AM
Hello,

I just moved out of province this summer, but I find myself back in BC for a few weeks this fall. I want to go out duck hunting, but it seems next to impossible to find the exact reference as to what license you need to carry.

I know, you need the federal tag, but are you required to carry a BC Hunters license to hunt migratory birds?

Thanks

Bonz
11-15-2016, 11:54 AM
im sure you need licence for here, or with a guide i guess lol
you leave long enough to be concidered a non bc guy now?

adriaticum
11-15-2016, 11:55 AM
If you hunt in BC, you need a BC hunting license.

bigburndogg
11-15-2016, 12:01 PM
common sense says that, but I cant find that on any website, or in the regs. That's why I'm asking the question.

adriaticum
11-15-2016, 12:11 PM
Also if you are not qualified as a resident you need to observe the rules for non-residents.

adriaticum
11-15-2016, 12:12 PM
4When hunting migratory game birds, you
must carry with you a valid Canadian Migratory
Game Bird hunting permit in addition to any
required provincial hunting licence. The permit is
available at most Post Offices.

ZacNap
11-15-2016, 01:12 PM
BC Hunting License
Migratory Game bird permit
Most areas require a Fraser Valley Special (Requires liability insurance also available thru BCWF)

Bonz
11-15-2016, 01:36 PM
other option for that fraser valley permit is house ins to buy the valley licence. or range pass, it includes the 3r party liability you need

dracb
11-15-2016, 07:58 PM
Non-resident hunting license includes a space for purchase of a bird license.

the application also states "
ADDITIONAL SPECIES LICENCES WILL NOT BE ISSUED UNLESS APPLICANT PRESENTS THEIR CURRENT BASIC HUNTING LICENCE
OR NUMBER, WHICH IS VERIFIED WITH THE HEADQUARTERS. IN ADDITION TO A PROVINCIAL LICENCE, A FEDERAL PERMIT IS
REQUIRED FOR HUNTING MIGRATORY BIRDS — OBTAINABLE FROM ANY POST OFFICE."

Rotorwash
09-11-2021, 02:30 PM
This is an old thread. Sorry to resuscitate.

I have a friend here who is not a bc resident anymore. He has his bc non restricted hunting license. It states he is allowed to hunt small game but not big game without a guide. What about geese. Does he just require a migratory bird license as well as his bc hunting license?

I can't seem to find info anywhere

wideopenthrottle
09-11-2021, 04:27 PM
migratory birds are federal so if he already has his non res bc hunting license he needs to get his migritory bird licence (good all across canada)...canada post used to be the only place to get it ...

Steve W
09-12-2021, 07:24 AM
migratory birds are federal so if he already has his non res bc hunting license he needs to get his migritory bird licence (good all across canada)...canada post used to be the only place to get it ...

Migratory Birds Hunting Permit is available on line now too. Only takes a few minutes to get.