PDA

View Full Version : Sullivan (Knouff) lake advice please

tikkahunter
11-15-2016, 09:26 AM
Hey guys, i'm looking at buying some property in the Sullivan (Knouff) Lake area. Somewhere we our family can go and relax, have a great time with friends, and do some hunting. I'm looking for a little advice on the hunting up there. Just looking for general info, is it good? bad? or marginal? Whatever you are willing to share would be greatly appreciated. PM is good if you'd rather do that.

Thanks guys

4 point
11-15-2016, 09:15 PM
Mule & whitetail in the area. Don't hunt there much myself but know others that have.

Kami
11-15-2016, 11:06 PM
Knouff Lake near Kamloops? It was pretty good up that way in my opinion. Was about two years ago I could easily see 40 does in a day of hunting. Decent Bucks have been taken out of there and the area has become more popular for locals. I never harvested a buck but did see some that were under a 4x4. I was holding out for the big boys. A little too busy for my liking. I'm spoiled tho living in Kamloops. I go to quieter areas.

tikkahunter
11-15-2016, 11:41 PM
Thanks fellas. Really appreciate the input.

Looking_4_Jerky
11-16-2016, 12:46 AM
Lots of pressure. As there are lots of inhabitants in the community, they pound the area fairly hard in addition to guys from Kami. Community Lk area was intensively salvage logged after the pine beetle and most areas are quite grown in now. Orchard Lk area was salvage logged after the fire and also grown in heavily in many places. Might be ok for grouse and a few small bucks, but nothing grows very old there.