PDA

View Full Version : stolen in Dawson Creek

kobus
11-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Had the unfortunate experience of spending the night in Dawson Creek at the super 8 on my way to My Bison draw when my truck and trailer and all my equipment was stolen. a real heart breaker!! fortunately for a GPS tracker we were able to find our quads. and even retrieved one of our sleds that was found in another stolen truck. trailer was discovered about a week later in another field. my truck wasa retrieved but trashed. but all our hunting equipment from generators to back packs and and you name it please keep your eyes and ears open any info to get my stuff back would be greatly appreciated. And i would like to thank all the people i met up there in 7-57A for the Nov draw at the ranch for your support and friendship. keep your stuff safe and get a GPS tracker. and thanks to Variable sports in Kamloops for everything.

Regards
Mike

Looking_4_Jerky
11-14-2016, 11:24 PM
I am truly sorry to hear about your misfortune. Although I guess you were lucky to retrieve a few big items, overall this was a serious shitty deal for you. I hope you are able to get some more stuff back eventually, and I hope the thieves OD on the junk they buy with the proceeds from your stuff. It would be the only justice that could be served to such low-life POS. Brutal.

Drillbit
11-15-2016, 01:45 AM
Sorry to read your post. Seems to be more and this going along lately.....

What kind of GPS tracker do you have and where do I buy one. They seem to be a good investment.

.308SLAYER
11-15-2016, 05:59 AM
Sorry to read your post. Seems to be more and this going along lately.....

What kind of GPS tracker do you have and where do I buy one. They seem to be a good investment.

X2 I would also like to know about these gps trackers

yamadirt 426
11-15-2016, 07:51 AM
Did anyone get busted for theft ?

archer42
11-18-2016, 09:34 PM
Mike. Sorry to hear about a crappy start to a hunt of a lifetime. I know you were stoked for this trip and hopefully you still got a couple days at the ranch and some bison out of it. We need an open season on theiving tweakers lol
cheers
Boyd

srupp
11-18-2016, 11:37 PM
Hmm just this week had the rear window in my canopy replaced..it was smashed at the Super 8 in Fort Nelson on the way home from our moose hunt in Oct.dont know if it was anti hunters who tossed a rock ? Or attempted theft..nothing taken ..but we were only gone for a few moments.
Sorry your experience was far worse than ours....
Steven

604redneck
11-19-2016, 06:51 AM
I don't know when your draw ends but if you need another sled or something let me know and you can take mine

notyalc
11-19-2016, 07:17 AM
I've only been up in that area once, and after reading this thread I'm definitely going to be sleeping in my truck whenever I go again. Never knew those areas were that bad, seems like it's even worse then Surrey. Hopefully they can find everything for ya.

sparkes3
11-19-2016, 07:34 AM
don't forget to take your double barrel shotgun in the truck with you.
or better yet a taser , zap the ******* good and then tie the ****er to a highway pole with a message telling everyone to stop and give him another zap or a few smacks with a three inch alder until he gives up the other *******s that are ripping people off with him.

huntingfamily
11-19-2016, 09:51 AM
X2 I would also like to know about these gps trackers

I've got one of these. Works great.

https://www.findmespot.ca/en/index.php?cid=128

notyalc
11-19-2016, 11:13 AM

Im assuming you need to buy a monthly subscription?

okas
11-19-2016, 11:51 AM
they tried this on me in ft.st.jhon they were scanning my rig later that night they were back but i was sleeping in the camper ;-) dam my dog started barking

Camp Cook
11-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Well I definitely understand your feelings.

I do sleep in my camper now and then sure wish it had been this last Sunday night/Monday morning when they stole my truck etc.

Guys we need a forum to list stolen property or thefts in progress.

We need to get better organised to fight these low life fing scum thieves.

bankshot
11-20-2016, 12:44 AM
A cure for thieves?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=519_1479346086#cy4lXlXZKUqtE710.03

.308SLAYER
11-20-2016, 06:27 AM

Thanks appreciate it

kobus
11-23-2016, 08:11 PM
Peter at Variable sports had them on the quads we rented they are Spott GPS trackers he said they are about 100$ for the gps and about 100$ a year to monitor. i know i will be buying a few.