PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Hache whitetails?

Humyuckle
11-14-2016, 10:11 PM
A friend and I managed to get some time off on short notice and we are heading out to Lac La Hache area. Anyone be able to tell me if there are any whiteys out that way? Any info would be great.

TimberPig
11-14-2016, 10:22 PM
There are some whitetails around there, but very small numbers and widely scattered. If you are seriously looking for a whitetail area, it wouldn't be my first place to target.

notyalc
11-14-2016, 10:26 PM
I have a cabin up there going on 8 years and have hunted that area even longer, and I have yet to come across a whitetail.

srupp
11-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Hmmm hunted Helena Lake area..west side of lack LA hash. .and also east of the highway..never seen a whitetail..
Closest is Rideau lake rd.south of powerline crossing..
Srupp

Rotorwash
11-14-2016, 10:46 PM
I've seen whitetails around 70 mile and a couple out 5 15. I've not seen any anywhere else in the 100 mile area. And I'm out and about quite a bit

Steeleco
11-14-2016, 10:50 PM
Last year at Rail lake we saw 2 does on the Spout lake road then this year I shot a spike buck only a few 100 yds from where I saw the does last year. They're not on every corner, YET!!

wideopenthrottle
11-15-2016, 04:11 PM
saw one or perhaps two bedded down with about 6 mule does (first time I have ever seen that)...when they all stood up we noticed wood on one and while we were busy trying to count points we both looked at each other and said the buck is a WT...after that he slipped off the running board of the truck and made enough noise to scare up a white flag...the one for sure WT and another with it trotted off to the timberline while all the muley does went up the clearcut and over the rise...we were in the Wilcox lake road area

recoil
11-15-2016, 04:15 PM
Me and my neighbor both saw a few in the lone butte/100 mile area this year so pretty close to LLH. They always seem to know where the private land is somehow.