PDA

View Full Version : Get a LEH? Need area info? Ask here-

Gateholio
07-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Did you win an LEH?

Do you need some area or other information from the friendly and knowledgeable HBC members?

Ask here8-)

rakatak
07-02-2007, 05:17 PM
zone A of 3-31 OCT 1-31,moose. have spent some time there in past have access to cottage at big bar lake!would appreciate any info anyone has.thanks.

MichelD
07-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Do you have a spare cabin in 5-1 to rent to three guys for a week in October?

willyqbc
07-02-2007, 09:33 PM
Leh 5-13c sept10-30 early Moose Draw Cariboo (black water area)

most of the blackwater road is in 5-13B, then turns into region 7 you need to go further out the Nazko highway to get into 5-13C

Chris

Caveman
07-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I've got a bison draw for 7-57B, north of Sikanni Chief River for Nov 5-19. Anyone been there or happen to have maps of the area or where to go?

The Hermit
07-02-2007, 10:23 PM
I got a Moose in Kamloops 3-29 B. Oct 1 to 31st. Any info would be much appreciated. If you like, feel free to email me at btozer @ shaw.ca

Thanks

coastalhunter
07-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I threw in a Spatsizi Caribou aplication in case our moose didn't come through and we ended back up in the Dease area - and what do you know - no moose and a caribou tag for Spatsizi!!!

Anyone got any pointers about the area??? Never hunted caribou before.

HELP...

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/misc/progress.gif

slyfox
07-02-2007, 10:39 PM
You have the draw for dease lake AREA for caribou been there a couple times lots of caribou were i hunt you dont need a draw?

coastalhunter
07-02-2007, 10:42 PM
As far as I can tell, Spatsizi Park is closed except for LEH, and that's where I got the caribou tag (any bull - not 5pt+).

slyfox
07-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Ok spatsizi never been there but caribou hunting in deasae were i hunt is easy there every were and also have hunted them in mucho and there every were there to there not very smart animals if you ask same as moose hunting but the moose is smarter.

slyfox
07-02-2007, 10:54 PM
There are some real big caribou in that area dont shot the first one you see.

SHAKER
07-03-2007, 09:12 AM
I've got a bison draw for 7-57B, north of Sikanni Chief River for Nov 5-19. Anyone been there or happen to have maps of the area or where to go?

Here's a little hint... Theirs a gate at the end of the main road that goes into the "MK". Go in their and keep your eyes open so you don't hit one with your sled, or quad???? Depending snow?

luckynuts
07-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Alright here goes,

I have been drawn for caribou in Atlin. My question is where to start, not many roads up there. I am hoping that i could drive up there and hike in but am not familiar with the terrain. Do you pack a car topper with you and putt across or along the lakes ?????

Thanks for your help

W.

JAYDEE
07-03-2007, 09:42 AM
OK. I've got a Bull Moose draw for 7-8 The time off I have is the last week of Sept and the first week of Oct.
Also got a draw for does in 5-2 zone A.
The same time off applies.
Thanl You:-D

pmj
07-03-2007, 01:21 PM
Region 8-01, Osoyoos & Olliver area to Skaha Lake, I got antlerless white tail. I want to avoid the I.R.s (Indian Reserves) and I have never hunted there. Any suggestions on which "road" to drive up? No, I do not hunt with pointy sticks so they can't be picking grapes at the time:wink:. Also open for suggestions for motel to stay at and where to hang meat. Passing through a few years ago the meat cutter by Gallagher Lake (Olliver) would not accept game for hanging.

CanAm500
07-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Another one for Region 5-13C.

Fosey
07-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Anybody that needs help in the Gold River area for Elk contact me. If anybody else could give some aid to elk hunters on the Island please contact this thread. We must bring up our success rate for Archery hunts, antlerless hunts and antlered hunts or we will lose more ground to the Non-residents. We can sit around and bitch about the Allocation process or work with it. Our success rate has not been high enough and we are going to lose another 2% to non-residents. Either we have to get the Ministry of Environment to increase our Elk LEH permits or help our hunting brothers get their elk. I have some other contacts in the Sayward area that I could contact if you got a draw there. It would be nice to get some help from people in the Campbell River area and Northern Vancouver Island. This is a opportunity to help each other out.

Fisher-Dude
07-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Anybody that needs help in the Gold River area for Elk contact me. If anybody else could give some aid to elk hunters on the Island please contact this thread. We must bring up our success rate for Archery hunts, antlerless hunts and antlered hunts or we will lose more ground to the Non-residents. We can sit around and bitch about the Allocation process or work with it. Our success rate has not been high enough and we are going to lose another 2% to non-residents. Either we have to get the Ministry of Environment to increase our Elk LEH permits or help our hunting brothers get their elk. I have some other contacts in the Sayward area that I could contact if you got a draw there. It would be nice to get some help from people in the Campbell River area and Northern Vancouver Island. This is a opportunity to help each other out.

This is the best advice on this thread. Well put, Fosey. Guys/gals, let's put some fur on the ground!

bckev
07-03-2007, 02:31 PM
I have a bull moose for region 5-2 b sept 10 to 30 between likely and horsefly. Any ideas/info would be helpful

bckev
07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Region 8-01, Osoyoos & Olliver area to Skaha Lake, I got antlerless white tail. I want to avoid the I.R.s (Indian Reserves) and I have never hunted there. Any suggestions on which "road" to drive up? No, I do not hunt with pointy sticks so they can't be picking grapes at the time:wink:. Also open for suggestions for motel to stay at and where to hang meat. Passing through a few years ago the meat cutter by Gallagher Lake (Olliver) would not accept game for hanging.
Best area for whitetail is up behind the mill above ok falls. Take the road that goes past the mill up towards solco (fish) lake. Good luck.

Joe89
07-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Best area for whitetail is up behind the mill above ok falls. Take the road that goes past the mill up towards solco (fish) lake. Good luck.

You can also go up the r200 there are alot of sideroads off of that ie: Baldy road, fish lake rd.

MichelD
07-03-2007, 03:41 PM
I got a shared bull moose hunt with two other guys in 5-1.

One of them has hunted there before and has a pretty good idea where he wants to hunt.

But if that area doesn't pan out, do you have any suggestions?

Also, how do you hunt moose there? I have been moose hunting in 5-3 and 6-08 and 7-11 before and I either walked or cycled around until I found sign and hunted on foot or bike.

Is it fairly flat in some of 5-1 so I can cycle a bit? I have only driven from Little Fort to 93 mile House before and don't know the area.

I talked to a guy I know in Deka lake yesterday and asked what he does and he said "drive around."

pupper
07-03-2007, 04:38 PM
got a grizz draw for 7-38

any one who has hunted grizz around there willing to let me know some good area???

I had a grizz draw for the same area last year but did not even see one.

Gataga
07-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Fosey, I have a permit in the Adams River for a bull, planning a mid Nov. hunt, any help would be great.

Husky7mm
07-03-2007, 05:04 PM
My wife was drawn for bull elk in 4/08 B( lucky girl). I dont know the area at all.Prefer PM for this hunt;-)

300WinMag
07-03-2007, 07:28 PM
I also in search of information for Moose in Region 3-31 - zone A. Any information is appreciated.

JohnBoy
07-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Had no luck last year with a bull moose draw for 5-15a , lucked out and got one for 5-02b nov 1 to 15 this year and would realy like to take advantage of it this year ,any tips appreciated . Is it worth checking out the area between horsefly lake and quesnel lake .

Byson
07-03-2007, 09:39 PM
i got sheep in Atlin any info i also got grizz in mcbride but i have that covered

07-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I got a moose draw for 4-37, Kinbasket Resoirvor area north of Golden. Anybody out there who has hunted this area?

Fisher-Dude
07-03-2007, 10:38 PM
I talked to a guy I know in Deka lake yesterday and asked what he does and he said "drive around."

Good advice. 8)

moose hunter
07-03-2007, 10:42 PM
IF anyone knows somebody who will let me take my antlerless elk on their property this winter itd be very much appreciated.

HighCountry
07-03-2007, 11:17 PM

One of them has hunted there before and has a pretty good idea where he wants to hunt.

Also, how do you hunt moose there? I have been moose hunting in 5-3 and 6-08 and 7-11 before and I either walked or cycled around until I found sign and hunted on foot or bike.

Is it fairly flat in some of 5-1 so I can cycle a bit? I have only driven from Little Fort to 93 mile House before and don't know the area.

I talked to a guy I know in Deka lake yesterday and asked what he does and he said "drive around."try west of horse lake I saw a couple
nice bull over there last fall.

pmj
07-04-2007, 12:05 AM

You have a pm.

kgriz
07-04-2007, 12:05 PM
My Uncle finally got drawn for Buffalo in Pink mountain, I've scouted the area for work but before the natives owned the private area that provides the easiest access. Anybody know how much they are charging for access these days? I've went on the trail around but it can be fairly challenging if the snow conditions are poor.

270WIN
07-04-2007, 12:19 PM
I have ruff idea were to go but any ideas or new area would help i have shared moose 5-02a nov1-15

brad ferris
07-04-2007, 06:52 PM
mount assiniboine sheep tag.it took me 20 years but i finally drew it.oct1-20th.i'll be bowhunting.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-04-2007, 07:04 PM
mount assiniboine sheep tag.it took me 20 years but i finally drew it.oct1-20th.i'll be bowhunting.

Lucky SOB!!8)8)8)

Welcome to the site, Mr Ferris!

SSS

Maxx
07-05-2007, 07:30 AM
I have a friend who got the 7-04 Grizz tag, any info appreciated,

thanks

boxhitch
07-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Wow, thats a winner. Nice score.
Now you know the site rules. You can't post up about a hunt, without supplying a followup report and pics :)

BCrams
07-05-2007, 08:04 AM

Congrats on a great tag. I would be taking a rifle if I were you. There are good rams in there! Be a little extra work to get a firearm in but well worth the effort.

Good luck with the archery equipment!

BCrams
07-05-2007, 08:06 AM
I have a friend who got the 7-04 Grizz tag, any info appreciated,

thanks

The same thing was asked about guys who drew moose tags in 7-04 last fall. Access is so limited in that area. FIY ... the whole road up the Raush River is private property and gated, which surprises a lot of folks who put in there thinking they will drive up the Raush to hunt.

Good luck on the grizz tag though......Its going to be a tough hunt !

Maxx
07-05-2007, 09:46 AM
thanks for the info Bcrams,

MB_Boy
07-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Congrats on a great tag. I would be taking a rifle if I were you. There are good rams in there! Be a little extra work to get a firearm in but well worth the effort.

Good luck with the archery equipment!

Rams....just as I am unaware; is it that fact that it is a park or parkland has to be crossed getting in??

boxhitch
07-05-2007, 10:47 AM
National park, to boot. No conveyance allowed.

Mik
07-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Congrats, can't wait to see the pics.

BCrams
07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
thanks for the info Bcrams,

Do you have horses? You will want horses. To get in, you have a long ride in on a trail from the Cross River that will allow you to bypass the national park.

Its a long haul even with horses to get to where the sheep are.

Its not often a resident will take sheep out of there because of access issues but I think those who draw the tag deserve to take a ram in there.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I was just reading in the new regs last night that archery gear also cannot be transported through a National Park...not just firearms. Maybe it was always this way?:confused:

SSS

WoodOx
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM
How long of a horse trek are we talking?

not to mention that cant be your first time in? Going in with a draw for hours on horses in expensive, especially if you cant find rams!

boxhitch
07-05-2007, 01:24 PM
not to mention that cant be your first time in? !
Like thats never been done before, right Auggy ??:twisted:

Animal.5
07-05-2007, 02:16 PM
Have a Whitetail doe/spike buck in 4-22 and taking my 11 year old daughter and 13 year old son in the hope of getting one of them their first deer (son got abear when he was 10). I'd appreciate any advice on where to go in this area.:-D

WoodOx
07-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Like thats never been done before, right Auggy ??:twisted:

either that wasnt meant to be for me, or it went over my head? :confused::confused:

Fosey
07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Gataga:

I got your message and the Gold River Rod and Gun Club will provide anyone drawn for elk in the Gold River with a contact person and they will help with maps etc. I will get back to you in a week with the contact.

brad ferris
07-05-2007, 04:14 PM
hey thanks for all the well wishes.i will provide pictures when i get back out of the mountains.i do have and will be using horses.in the fall.i'm going in scouting on the 21 &22 of july and just about every week end after that.as for taking in a rifle,i'll have one loaded with 220 grain bear spray but i think this is the ideal oppertunity to hunt bighorns with a bow.

BCrams
07-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Sounds like you've got the makings of a very successful bighorn hunt this fall!

brad ferris
07-05-2007, 04:21 PM
if your doe tag is late season,anywhere on the bull river road.the stretch between the ft. steele hwy. and the dam is a gov't.maintained road so no shooting off the hood of your truck.lol.i spend alot of time there so let me know when you'll be hunting and i can give you a better idea where to find a whitey

GoatGuy
07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
got a grizz draw for 7-38

any one who has hunted grizz around there willing to let me know some good area???

I had a grizz draw for the same area last year but did not even see one.

Know some good area :wink:

PM sent

Trapper
07-05-2007, 04:25 PM
ANIMAL.5
You won't have a hard time finding whitetail deer any where in 4-22 there everywhere,just find any sideroad and you will do find

Gataga
07-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Thanks Fosey, I'll be waiting.

Hagen
07-05-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm new to the cranbrook area and drew an elk cow calf draw for mu 4-20, restricted to zone "x" as i understand it .Any pointers would sure help

Thanks Guys

bayou
07-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Assiniboine tag
Brad you might want to look into some of the access issues there was some contraversary with a couple of the groups heading in there last year and you might be able to save your self some miles.
Good luck

brad ferris
07-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Assiniboine tag
Brad you might want to look into some of the access issues there was some contraversary with a couple of the groups heading in there last year and you might be able to save your self some miles.
Good luck
i sure would like to know some more specifics on this contraversy/access issue.pm me or email jbferris@hotmail.com also if you know someone who hunted in there last year i'd love to talkj to them.

GoatGuy
07-05-2007, 08:22 PM
hey thanks for all the well wishes.i will provide pictures when i get back out of the mountains.i do have and will be using horses.in the fall.i'm going in scouting on the 21 &22 of july and just about every week end after that.as for taking in a rifle,i'll have one loaded with 220 grain bear spray but i think this is the ideal oppertunity to hunt bighorns with a bow.

Last week is best - don't think that scouting it all the time will be all that fruitful but it's good to go in and get to know the area. Can be a tough ride in from what I understand - crossing half frozen rivers, but it's worth it! Haven't been in myself but know a couple who have.

Good luck

Poguebilt
07-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm new to the cranbrook area and drew an elk cow calf draw for mu 4-20, restricted to zone "x" as i understand it .Any pointers would sure help

Thanks Guys

Don't you think you should have done some research on where you applied for??

Not trying to casue trouble but we (hunters) need to do a little thinking before we apply for these draws...

There is way too many tags not being filled for very shaddy reasons...

Hagen
07-05-2007, 09:09 PM

Not trying to casue trouble but we (hunters) need to do a little thinking before we apply for these draws...

Contributing as usual Jason?:roll:

rick stewart
07-05-2007, 10:19 PM
johnboy looks like you will haft to take my map book with you this year at a cost of couse well if you don't get your moose maybe i'll though you a elk roast if you make it to video the river hunt

boxhitch
07-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Oooohhh, sounds spooky for sure ! You think there are evil forces at work ?
Nobody does the homework before the assignment is given :rolleyes:. What a waste of time. Why read the wrong book/chapter ?

GoatGuy
07-06-2007, 07:23 AM

This thread is setup to help folks with their LEH draws to become successfull.

Sure appreciate it if you could start up another thread in the general discussion instead of ripping someone for asking for help in this one.

Paulyman
07-07-2007, 01:20 AM
Hello everyone, My uncle and i got a doe draw each for 3-31 is anyone familiar with this area are there alot of does in this area.any info would be appreciated

Mr. Maverick
07-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Hello all, I have a bull moose draw for are 5-15d, Wells, Barkerville area. I'm a little new to the area so any info would be greatly appreciated. I've done some investigating but there's not a lot out there. Bowron Park the Cariboo River, Big Valley, and the Swift river surround the area.

Caveman
07-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Hello everyone, My uncle and i got a doe draw each for 3-31 is anyone familiar with this area are there alot of does in this area.any info would be appreciated
TONS OF THEM

Paulyman
07-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks caveman!

newhunterette
07-08-2007, 03:37 PM
I feel very blessed to be able to ask people about locations to apply for my LEH's each year - if I am lucky enough to get a draw, the person who helped me with information is usually the one I will ask on the hunt with me or will share in the harvest of the critter for being so generous with their knowledge to me - I have my honey holes that I know inside and out and backwards and forwards - it is always nice to explore other areas and go for an array of critters that we in british Columbia are so blessed to have in opportunities - congratulations to y'all who were lucky this year in achieving an LEH - my heart will be with you as you head into the woods.
:) Ali

Tron
07-08-2007, 03:41 PM
new to this site. comes highly recommened.
i got an leh for moose in 7-28 and would like some info. 3rd year hunting and never hunted moose

Upearly
07-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Tron: Hunt the higher slashes until the weather changes and the moose head down to the swamps. Logging will have stopped by hunting season there but still go to the areas which have been relatively less active lately. Be careful of bears in there.

lip_ripper00
07-09-2007, 03:45 PM
5-14 A,B

looking for a map that gives a good referance to the 5-14 A,B boundry. The ones I have seen are not clear, and one even contradicts the others thanks.lr00

Thorn
07-09-2007, 05:06 PM
I was fortunate enough to draw the big horn sheep draw for the 3-32C on the Fraser River. Anybody have any inside info that would help?8)

elkster
07-09-2007, 10:06 PM
Okay I'll start,
Leh 5-13c sept10-30 early Moose Draw Cariboo (black water area) Father and son (13year old) team .From Vancouver Island looking some are information in this area.,,......will have smoke fish to trade when passing through................:wink::)
Nazko store has cabins and camping spots and a hanging area. Fishpot lake has cabins, camping, a store, a place to hang game, and they'll cook meals. The last tiem I was there it was reasonably priced. Both are good, fishpot is a more in the middle of the area, nazko store is on the edge. Pm me if you need more info.
Art

elkster
07-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey Guys,
We have 2 bull draws and a cow or a calf draw for 7-23d. Missinka river area. Anyone know anything about this area?
Thanks
Art

gary mok
07-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Hi I got a drawn in reg 4-39 for whitetail doe between Oct 10 and Dec 10,never been there before,any suggestion and info would be appreciated,thanks a lot!!!

Deerwhacker
07-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Me and pops got a shared moose draw for reg 7-16 zone c , have never hunted moose at all and any info on the area would be greatly apreciated.
We have looked at the topography of the area and it looks like somewhere that we can use our boat in our efforts to get a moose but not haveing been there and seen the real lay of the land we are kind of in the dark still.

muddler
07-14-2007, 04:28 PM
We drew a group hunt for cow/calf elk in 4-3 (zone x) , Oct 1-10. I have been studying maps, using google earth and, being unfamiliar with the East Kootenay, would appreciate some local knowledge. The LEH says 'crown land on or below 1100m.
The area is a long strip bounded on the east by the river and includes Cranbrook and south.
Any help would be great.
Muddler

spikesaplty
07-28-2007, 06:40 AM
OK here goes, A truly good friend of mine got a draw for grizz in 7-3.We have horses an are studying the area.Would greatly appreciate info on the area from folks that have bin in there and know the ups an downs.Several of us from on here are going on this hunt with him,but none of us has bin in there-yet.check lists are being gone over an any tips from veterans are Very welcomed as well.We all want a safe an hopefully sucessfull hunt for this fine hunter.thx

Big Bucks
07-28-2007, 08:33 AM
when is the hunt?

spikesaplty
07-29-2007, 05:45 AM
Big Bucks, He has the full season to try for this bear.We will be trying to get out starting end of sept on.Two of us work, one of us retired so we are pooling our efforts what with pre-scouting an all.Right now we are spending extra time on the range honing the shooting skills of all,working the horses into shape and going over gear.Do you know the area?

spikesaplty
07-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Big Bucks,He has all season to harvest this bear,but because of work issues we will be trying to git er done starting end of sept.For now we are honing shooting skills of all as well as geting the horses into shape.Two of us work one is retired marine.So its a pooled effort from scouting ta cold ones.Any an all info would be greatly appreciated, thx

Big Bucks
07-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Well right now the grizz are down in the valley killing all the moose calves , a buddy of mine almost had a grizz come out of the bush and run right into his truck , it was chasing a moose calve . Your zone has some of the biggest grizz in the province there , if you guys have horses you guys should have no problem getting your grizz , i would say hold out for a really big one , because if you get back enough you will see enough to pick and choose , it's to bad you weren't alittle higher in the zones near the parsnip river , it has the highest grizz pop in the province , it is just crawling with them . so right now if you are scouting for them you won't see them up high , there killing all the moose , they will be down near moose swamps in the real thick stuff , the Mcbride area is really thick .

larry56b
07-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Big Bucks...It sounds like you know the 7-03 area quite well .Ive got a cow calf draw up there in oct.Where's a good starting spot up there for a newbie moose hunter like myself.Any info is welcome.Going up with just 1 buddy and a 20 ft. trailer.I can hardly wait!thanks for the info.......Larry

Big Bucks
07-31-2007, 03:57 PM
Larry , if you are able to bring a boat up with ya and your are able to find a nice lake to put it in that will majorly help . The bulls will have there little chicks all hole up alongside lakes and if you make your way around a lake early or late ,make a few calls and you will see them come out . At that time of the year the moose up there are crazy but if you can get into a secluded lake your % will go up huge . Or you can just pound the edge of clearcuts . Larry there's nothing better when you call in your moose .

Mckinney Creek Adventures
07-31-2007, 04:29 PM

Anywhere on the East side of the Valley is good. But as you say, south of OK Falls, you do have to know where the IRs are.

We run a great accomodation for hunters, although we are located in 8-12, 8-1 with lots of whities is only 10 minutes away. An excellent butcher works for me, and is always open for animals.

MCA

07-31-2007, 04:37 PM
IF anyone knows somebody who will let me take my antlerless elk on their property this winter itd be very much appreciated.

Are you referring to the cow elk season in 8-14. Cause if you are, I know them all!

Let me know.

MCA

Sako_Halfcok
07-31-2007, 05:07 PM
yes gatehouse what can you tell me about 6-1 , i got a moose draw for there , I will be going hunting there for 1 week in mid september, or when do you think the rut will take place.:???:

thanks

Your son

Sako_Halfcok
07-31-2007, 05:08 PM
Are you referring to the cow elk season in 8-14. Cause if you are, I know them all!

Let me know.

MCA
R u willing to travel to Fort St. james??

srupp
07-31-2007, 05:29 PM
For Those hunting moose in Region 5 e-mail me and I will try and be of some help..I guided for Ghost Lake 5:15...and the 5:02 hunters also..

Cheers Steven

07-31-2007, 05:38 PM
R u willing to travel to Fort St. james??

Why? What is FSJ?

WoodOx
07-31-2007, 05:39 PM
McKinney - do you have many Elk around your area?

07-31-2007, 05:58 PM
McKinney - do you have many Elk around your area?

Yep.... and the heards are growing every year. The farmers here are having troubles with the elk in the winter feed.

MCA

srupp
07-31-2007, 06:25 PM
are they going to open it up for antlerless elk this winter.
Steven

07-31-2007, 06:47 PM
are they going to open it up for antlerless elk this winter.
Steven

There has been two LEH seasons of antlerless elk on private land in 8-14 for several years to address the cattlemens concerns around crop and feed damage.

I have had it a few times and have been successful every time.

MCA

CLB23
07-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Hello. We have a shared moose hunt in 4-27 from October 15 to November 15. Any information about your experiences in the M-U would be greatly appreciated.

You can PM me if you are more comfortable that way.

Thank you.

spikesaplty
08-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Manny thank Big Buck for the info on mcbride area:-D I have tryed for the parsnip an have wanted to hunt that area,but no luck getting there yet.Have also bin studying Kakwa park from the walker end for going with the horses hunting.Would you know about the elk pop in that area?Thx again an goog huntin8)

fozzy
08-07-2007, 08:35 PM
I could use a bit more info on 1-13B for Elk if anyone could help out on that?
Cheers

Cedarstrip
08-09-2007, 07:09 AM

Two draws: (Our lucky year!)
6-8 group hunt for my brother, Dad and I for moose around the Telkwa region. Have some info from locals, but anything is appreciated.

My brother drew for elk in the Conuma river area for bow only. I'll be joining him on the hunt and any info would be good. Thanks.

mapguy
08-09-2007, 07:17 AM
the elk around canuma don't go far from where there feeding carefull setting up they might hear you

peterrum3
08-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Grimms meats in Penticton will take your deer. Sorry I can't help you out with the whitetail in that zone. I usually go east of Skaha to get mine.

MichelD
08-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Got a Whitetail doe tag for 8-10.

Does anyone have any general area tips for the area?

Upearly
08-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Cedarstrip; Re: The Conuma River archery elk

By early October, the elk start hanging around the fish hatchery and the flat lands between the river and the road for about a mile on either side of the hatchery. Prior to that they are higher up in the same watershed but the area is thick bush, steep canyon country and difficult to hunt.

BCKID
08-29-2007, 07:41 AM
OK I got a W/T leh for Creston MU 4-6 Map 4f. (8005) I had a look in the mapbook and thought Goat river/Kid creek might be worth checking out. Any thought or tips to share? Hunt hi or low?? Thanks BCKID

NI:Hunter
09-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Have a bull moose draw in 5-2 zone A, any suggestions i think we are going to camp on the meadow lake road...thanx...

stanway
09-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Hi,

My father and his friend each have one of the winter LEH's for antlerless elk in the 7-20 area. Any help with contacting local land owners would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

James

junkyard_g
09-04-2007, 04:26 PM
phone C.O. he'll give u a phone list

burger
09-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Reigon 5-01 moose draw for the 15-31 of oct. Any info on the area would be great.

Cheers the burgs

Big Bucks
09-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Burger , Hunt the pipeline , there's lots of cuts that hold alot of moose , there's alot more moose in there then 20 years ago .

mstewart
09-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi,
I'm new to the site and really enjoy it. I'm a 2nd year hunter and heading to 7-32 with 3 others. 1 in our party is familiar with the area. I don't have any LEH's but would appreciate any suggestions on where to go for moose and elk. Thanks very much.
Mike

scoutlt1
09-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi there.
I've got an anterless whitetail draw in region 8-15 grand forks area. Thinking of going up towards granby park area....any thoughts? Don't know the area very well except for close to hwy 3.
Heading up the first half of October.
Thanks in advance.

pmj
09-17-2007, 11:57 PM
[quote=scoutlt1;185397]Hi there.
I've got an anterless whitetail draw in region 8-15 grand forks area.

Scoutlt1,
You have a pm.

swampdonkey
09-18-2007, 10:22 AM
region 3-20 bullwinkle any ideas

mapguy
09-18-2007, 10:27 AM
roche lake area and glimpse lake area

Johnny Shotgun
09-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Sure could use some info on moose in 5-5 for around Oct.15-25. This will be my son(12) and myself's first time hunting and we both got moose draws, we know the area a bit and my parents moved there a little while ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

palmer
09-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Hi there.
I've got an anterless whitetail draw in region 8-15 grand forks area. Thinking of going up towards granby park area....any thoughts? Don't know the area very well except for close to hwy 3.
Heading up the first half of October.
Thanks in advance.

You don't need to go that far...any logging road 5 mins north of Grand forks will have your doe.....try Sand cr...bear cr...brown ck....any problems PM me....

mr1022
09-22-2007, 10:21 PM
we Have 2 moose draws in 5-02 B , First week of november, will be hunting around timmothy lake, lac la hash area. Any help where to find moose in 5-02B would be great
Thanks in advance

Don in BC
10-01-2007, 08:57 AM
7-28 (east side)

Heading up to the Skunk Lake area west of MacKenzie next weekend and have some questions 1) Is the Finlay Nation FSR a heavily use road for log hauling and are they presently hauling? 2) what width and quality of road is it? 3) Moose POP in that area??? PM me with details if you wish. Thanks for your time.

Don

jakerazer
10-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Whats a good area to camp and get a white tail Doe in region 8-14? My wife and i have tags. thanks

bruin
10-18-2007, 02:49 PM
I don't have my map with me, where is the area?

CooperSscat
10-21-2007, 04:29 PM
I've got a shared Bull Moose LEH for MU 3-28 Zone A. I was up there last weekend and managed to get a meat buck but I saw limited sign of moose. Are the moose still way high up? Are the numbers doing ok after last winter? Interesting note though, I saw a moose gut pile low down along the Imada FSR where the giant fires were a few years ago. PMs appreciated!

Jeremy

Rusty
10-28-2007, 05:16 PM
5-3 <Moose and Mule Deer. Any tips on location?
Thanks!!!

CooperSscat
11-07-2007, 06:32 PM
I've got a shared Bull Moose LEH for MU 3-28 Zone A. I was up there last weekend and managed to get a meat buck but I saw limited sign of moose. Are the moose still way high up? Are the numbers doing ok after last winter? Interesting note though, I saw a moose gut pile low down along the Imada FSR where the giant fires were a few years ago. PMs appreciated!

Jeremy

Well I was out with my father, bro and uncle for 4 days and we saw no moose in the flesh in 3-28A! We did see a cow moose hide and a dead calf(wolf kill?) though. We also got checked over by a cute CO and her sidekick. It's nice to see their presence out in the bush. This makes it the 3rd year in a row that I've been checked by a CO, all in different MUs. She figured that the only weak moose numbers are up North from tick kills. We saw a few fresh moose tracks but that's it. A guy with a Cow/calf draw hadn't seen any moose either after 4 days. Anybody know where all the moose are in 3-28A???

Jeremy

horshur
11-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Well I was out with my father, bro and uncle for 4 days and we saw no moose in the flesh in 3-28A! We did see a cow moose hide and a dead calf(wolf kill?) though. We also got checked over by a cute CO and her sidekick. It's nice to see their presence out in the bush. This makes it the 3rd year in a row that I've been checked by a CO, all in different MUs. She figured that the only weak moose numbers are up North from tick kills. We saw a few fresh moose tracks but that's it. A guy with a Cow/calf draw hadn't seen any moose either after 4 days. Anybody know where all the moose are in 3-28A???

Jeremy

Did you hunt the burn????I'd put time up high in the burn.

CooperSscat
11-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Did you hunt the burn????I'd put time up high in the burn.

No we did not as we saw no sign of moose along the perimeter of the burn(low elevations). It seemed from the limited number of tracks that all the big boy moose were in the older second growth timber. We may have to put pressure bush wacking/tracking hard next time out I guess. :neutral::-D:twisted:

Jeremy

boonerbuck
02-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Has anyone ever taken the ferry from Topley Landing across Babine Lake to 7-27 for spring grizz or just been over there in the spring in general?

I'm waiting for draw results right now and the people I know that have been there have only hunted moose in the fall.

I was just curious about the ferry, road conditions, camp location and timing for the bears??

TIA.:biggrin:

Rhys
09-11-2008, 11:35 AM
5-01 Moose October 15-31

Looks like we will be flying by the seat of our pants this year. Our group of four was relying on a one of the members of the group who has hunted in the 5-01 area a lot in the past to show us some good areas.

Now just over one month before the hunt he is in the hospital after being hit on his Motorcycle last week. He is stable now but most likely will not be joining us this year. And Its not the right time to be heading in there with maps and my GPS to say.."okay now where exactly did you say we were going?"...

I am trying to see if we can use a cabin on the north side of Green lake that my parents friends have but I have not been up there in forever and none of the remaining group is familiar with that area.

We might grab our downed partner's wall tent and just try to find a spot in the bush and make the best of it.

Anyone want to PM me a few little tidbits? Is this MU going to be crazy at that time of year with hunters?

Next year I am going back to the area I know, no matter what the other guys say!

Thanks
Rhys

Wildman
09-11-2008, 12:00 PM
5-04 - Taseko Lakes/Anvil Mountain/Fish Lake....Oct 15-31. Anyone have info besides what I've been told by PM's and answers to my thread: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22816&highlight=Taseko+Lakes

Thanks for all the info that I have obtained from you already!

44inchStone
09-11-2008, 12:10 PM
My Uncle finally got drawn for Buffalo in Pink mountain, I've scouted the area for work but before the natives owned the private area that provides the easiest access. Anybody know how much they are charging for access these days? I've went on the trail around but it can be fairly challenging if the snow conditions are poor.

We were charged a couple hundred bucks last year. As for the road around. You MIGHT be able to do it but not with the trucks. Plan to do some winching. 200 bucks a head and there was 6 of us. Not too bad for just handing us a key.:(

sparkes3
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM
swamp donkey 5-12 nov 1till nov 15 .my buddy has hunted there before and was sucessful but i still would like to know something about the area as well.did the goggle earth thing but that is pics from a long time ago (still helped some i guess)any info is welcomed and appreciated thanx.(puntzi lake area)

elkhunter1
07-26-2009, 05:14 PM
5-04 Zone A moose. for me. Williams Lake from Lees Corner hwy 20.
How is Road to Taseko Lake ???
Lord River - Elkins Creek forest service Road???
Any Info greatly Apreciated.
Chris.

nano
07-26-2009, 05:30 PM
8-22 antlerless white-tailed. How is it up in oyama any help would be nice.
thanks
nano

bowhunterbruce
07-26-2009, 05:48 PM
8-22 antlerless white-tailed. How is it up in oyama any help would be nice.
thanks
nano
thier tend to be more muleys then whitetails up there but you still shouldn't have to much trouble,are you useing a rifle or do you have a bow.if you have a bow i know a way better spot where whitetails are and i have gotten many around the area and still be in region 8-22.

Hunting Junkie
07-26-2009, 06:10 PM
The road from Lees corner to Red Stobne Reserve is good, the turn off to the Lord river is a typical 4x4 road

nano
07-26-2009, 07:13 PM
thier tend to be more muleys then whitetails up there but you still shouldn't have to much trouble,are you useing a rifle or do you have a bow.if you have a bow i know a way better spot where whitetails are and i have gotten many around the area and still be in region 8-22.
Ya I am using a rifle.

bowhunterbruce
07-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Ya I am using a rifle.

pm is on its way

slyfox
07-26-2009, 07:55 PM
3 31 muley.

ROY-alty33
07-26-2009, 11:50 PM
5-02D Oct 15-31
Shared Moose
Quesnel
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

srupp
07-26-2009, 11:52 PM
hmmm same draw as I got....I will pm you after August 13th return

steven

elkhunter1
07-27-2009, 07:18 AM
The road from Lees corner to Red Stobne Reserve is good, the turn off to the Lord river is a typical 4x4 road

Thank,s H J.
Could I pull a Trailer in on Lord River road,??????
Thank,s
Chris.

d6dan
07-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Whats a good area to camp and get a white tail Doe in region 8-14? My wife and i have tags. thanks

Twin bridges, Jewel lake, about 1km outside of Greenwood. Turn left and follow the pavement. about 1km to the right is the road to Jewel lake. Good campsites. Back down on Boundary ck, follow the pavement to the end. Gravel starts there at the 2 bridges.. That big flat your standing is #1 whitetail country..:smile: Any more info needed, Pm me..Dan

d6dan
07-27-2009, 08:45 AM
OK. I've got a Bull Moose draw for 7-8 The time off I have is the last week of Sept and the first week of Oct.
Also got a draw for does in 5-2 zone A.
The same time off applies.
Thanl You:-D

I have a cow draw for 7-08 also. Oct10-Oct25. I will be there. Pm me and I'll fill in with goodies.Dan:smile:

Teal
07-27-2009, 11:06 AM
8-9 Oct 1- Oct 31 Bull Moose. Any info would be great despite the fact it is in my backyard I am new to the area. Thanks again for any help.

squamishmiles
07-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Group hunt for any bull in 3-32, also got a doe tag in the same area. all of november. have been to mowson and person a cpl of times but as thinking of just west of edge hills prov, park. and help would be very helpful

3kills
07-27-2009, 12:41 PM
anybody got a draw for around here and need help just pm me and i will see what i can do...

Cbuck
07-27-2009, 01:00 PM
5-01 Moose October 15-31

Looks like we will be flying by the seat of our pants this year. Our group of four was relying on a one of the members of the group who has hunted in the 5-01 area a lot in the past to show us some good areas.

Now just over one month before the hunt he is in the hospital after being hit on his Motorcycle last week. He is stable now but most likely will not be joining us this year. And Its not the right time to be heading in there with maps and my GPS to say.."okay now where exactly did you say we were going?"...

I am trying to see if we can use a cabin on the north side of Green lake that my parents friends have but I have not been up there in forever and none of the remaining group is familiar with that area.

We might grab our downed partner's wall tent and just try to find a spot in the bush and make the best of it.

Anyone want to PM me a few little tidbits? Is this MU going to be crazy at that time of year with hunters?

Next year I am going back to the area I know, no matter what the other guys say!

Thanks
Rhys

.....sorry to hear about your buddy.
Have the same draw, same time and same questions. Scouted the area a little on a trip through in July but haven't decided on exactly where yet.

Gotta say this site is a great resource for info. Been checking out since last season and very helpful for a relatively new hunter.

sawmill
07-27-2009, 02:00 PM
anybody got a draw for around here and need help just pm me and i will see what i can do...

Good man you are,same goes for me here in 4-20 and 4=21.

talver
07-27-2009, 02:04 PM
this is a bit off topic but ahs anyone recieved there Leh letters in the mail yet? Also 7-12b have a moose draw any info would be great headed out for the last week of sept and the first week of oct . thanks

sawmill
07-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Hey Rhys sorry to hear about yer pal too,guy I work with just had a bike wreck,broke his wrist,shoulder,left femor and 5 ribs.He is a big tough young gut,works on my concrete crew.We need him.Now I have to work harder.:icon_frow

srupp
07-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Rhys...PLEASE give me a e-mail and I will help with your moose questions for the 5-01 area....I will be back in 14 days from sheep trip..

sorry about your buddy

Steven

d6dan
07-27-2009, 03:34 PM
this is a bit off topic but ahs anyone recieved there Leh letters in the mail yet? Also 7-12b have a moose draw any info would be great headed out for the last week of sept and the first week of oct . thanks

Not here yet, must be slow form only having a skeleton crew in Victoria..:(

Blainer
07-27-2009, 03:40 PM
My hunting partners and myself have yet to receive any paperwork yet.

Caretaker
07-27-2009, 03:43 PM
My son and I got an LEH for anterless Elk in the Fort St. John Ag.Area sure would appreciate some help on private property As I have never hunted this area before
Thanks Caretaker
E-Mail gizmo_6269@hotmail.com or PM

sparkes3
07-27-2009, 03:59 PM
paulyman i got the same draw im going in on the 7th of november and coming out on the 14th if you have not been in before me i will let you know what i find

IPA
07-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Need to start a 2009 thread as people are giving help for 2007 hunts??

Stone Sheep Steve
07-27-2009, 04:42 PM

Nope.
Had to drive 45 mins to a BC Services Office to get one issued. Leaving tomorrow.
I'll send Gordo my bill for fuel:roll:

SSS

savage87
08-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Hey i pulled the Spatsizi caribou draw and am really hoping to go but am low on money so was wondering if anyone wanted to split a flight in or had any good ideas. Any additional info about spatsizi region would be appreciated

Hunter123
08-17-2009, 11:01 PM
Hey guys,I got a draw for a cow/calf elk in 4-06 from Nov. 1-30th. The area is located around Creston - LEH map at the following link: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife...6-C_4-07-C.pdf)I have never hunted elk and do not know the Creston area. I talked to a few ppl and know that there is a lot of private land and that it can be a challenging area to hunt. Is there a specific area that you would recommend going to? Also, is there anyone who has farm land/private land who would be willing to allow hunting on their land? Is mid-November a good time to hunt for cow/calf elk? Are the odds of getting an elk during this time quite good?Also, where would be the best place to set up shop with a trailer?Thank you

eaglesj
08-18-2009, 06:38 PM
I got an LEH for Bison in 7-57 Zone B. Any information on where to go would be greatly appreciated. GPS coordinates or any details will work, I have really detailed maps. Thanks

Sooke Hunter
08-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey guys......I have a bull moose draw in 3:17 (November 1 - 30) and was wondering where and how I should approach this. PM me if you would like.

born2hunt
08-18-2009, 09:02 PM
bull moose draw for 7-12 -a any thoughts or info?

North Star
08-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Grizz in 6-15c.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

skyliner 270
08-27-2009, 11:13 AM
zone A 4 22 for goat i need imformation on how to get in there

sapper
08-27-2009, 01:24 PM
3-17, Muley doe. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance.

elk74
08-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Wife got drawn for 3 point and bigger elk in 4-31,any info would be greatly appreciated,thank you.

danno74
08-31-2009, 08:53 PM
I have a bull elk draw for 4-14, 3 point or better, sept.10-oct.31. Any info would be great. Thanks

springpin
09-01-2009, 02:55 AM

Stay on the "S" road on the the "big lake resort side" The road is blown out in one spot (not passable), i have seen lots of moose on the road. Might also be worth while to boat in from the Resort. The old cut blocks are grown in like wool. Good luck...I tried for that region as well.

p.s. If you see a real nice chocolate bear out there, tell em I'm going to knock on his door. Also, keep an eye out for Woodland Caribou, seen a few out there as well.

Springpin

Seth
09-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Bull moose draw in 5-13A between Oct. 1 and Oct. 14. I'm sure we'll figure it out but any helpful info is always appreciated! Thanks in advance.

bubba350
09-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey guys alittle help putting my first big game on the ground would be appreciated. Ive got a bull moose in 5-01 and a elk antlerless in 4-03. Any help would be great...

Cheers

Bubba

trigger
09-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Hello everyone.

I drew a buffalo draw for 7-57 zone A. I have heard alot of things about this area. Like i need permission to cross private property and what not.
I was hoping some of you's could help me out. Is there any way to get to these buffalo with out crossing private land?
Now the tag is good for november 15th to the 30th. I will have access to either a quad or a snowmobile, which would be better ?
Another thing is Lodging. where is the best place to stay when in that area. I have a wall tent but i would think it would be a bit chilly to stay in at that time of year.
Anyways, If there is anyone willing to shed some light to help make my hunt more enjoyable it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers to you all and happy hunting this season

Moose72
09-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Here's a little hint... Theirs a gate at the end of the main road that goes into the "MK". Go in their and keep your eyes open so you don't hit one with your sled, or quad???? Depending snow?As you drive towards the falls you have to turn right, go past chicken creek and you'll find the airport camp.

Moose72
09-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Sheep draw kamloops lake. Sept, are they gonna be high in the treeline, low to the lake, east, west? Anything would help.

Gateholio
09-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Lots of questions on this thread, not so many answers.

Seems like it wasn't a great idea, after all. Heck, it was from 2007, anyway!):-D

I think that Members seeking LEH info should just start their own specific threads.

Please start your own threads, I will lock this one in a few days.

Moose72
09-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Alotta tight lips out there.

lornecci
09-18-2009, 09:43 AM
My son-in-law and myself got spikeless white-tail draws in 4-20 (Oct 10-20 - we also applied for Elk but did not get one). This area is about 9 hours from my house so I'm debating whether it is worth the trip for potentially two spikelss white tails.

I'm relatively new to hunting (currently all of my successes have been in Alberta with my son-in-law's family) and I'm limited to week-end hunts.

So far my wife calls me the "great white hiker" but I would love to change that this year so I would appreciate some suggestions on where to go in 4-20.

yamadirt 426
10-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Hey guys. I got a W/T Doe draw for 8-9 . This is the rookie draw. I'm going to head up next friday and would like to know if I should hunt a specific area of the region . I've got myself a back roads map and I'm thinking the mid-south eastern portion just above the road closure area. I'm going blind so any hints will help. Also if anyone wants to join me and help a rookie bag a doe I would not turn that down. Thanks in advance. This isn't a personal ad as ive got a wife and kid lol but I'm a mellow 32 yr old who just wants to learn as much as i can about hunting as I've lost alot of years allready. My wife also got the same draw but we figure I should go first so i can act like the "man" when we go for her doe. LOL Thanks Boys !!

Stone Sheep Steve
10-03-2009, 04:11 AM
Hey guys. I got a W/T Doe draw for 8-9 . This is the rookie draw. I'm going to head up next friday and would like to know if I should hunt a specific area of the region . I've got myself a back roads map and I'm thinking the mid-south eastern portion just above the road closure area. I'm going blind so any hints will help. Also if anyone wants to join me and help a rookie bag a doe I would not turn that down. Thanks in advance. This isn't a personal ad as ive got a wife and kid lol but I'm a mellow 32 yr old who just wants to learn as much as i can about hunting as I've lost alot of years allready. My wife also got the same draw but we figure I should go first so i can act like the "man" when we go for her doe. LOL Thanks Boys !!

Check out the Arawana FSR area. Should be able to find a flatop flagtail around there.

SSS

100milehousehunter
08-28-2010, 09:12 PM
hey guys have antlerness elk in creston region 4-06 help would be great pm appreciated

luckynuts
08-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Looking for some help.

Seems a few people have been let down at the last minute for trips this year and I just became one of them. So here goes. I was drawn in 7-04 for goat dore river. My partner has taken many goats out of this area over the years before it went LEH and a few after. Because he knows the area like the back of his hand I kind of left all my eggs in his basket :redface: I have done a fair amount of google earth etc comparing notes with my partners old maps and will pick up some updated maps this Tuesday hopefully. I was thinking of hiking the eagle (valley) trail I think it's called. But have heard it can be confrontational with hikers/hunters? anyone aware of this? Also if anybody can provide some info would be greatly appreciated. Like a good place to park etc. I will be most likely going solo and want to make the most of it. To me getting a goat is like most getting a ram the trophy of a lifetime.

Thanks for your help

W.

BCrams
08-29-2010, 10:17 AM
. I was thinking of hiking the eagle (valley) trail I think it's called. But have heard it can be confrontational with hikers/hunters? anyone aware of this? Also if anybody can provide some info would be greatly appreciated. Like a good place to park etc. I will be most likely going solo and want to make the most of it. To me getting a goat is like most getting a ram the trophy of a lifetime.

Thanks for your help

W.

This is my suggestion and by no means do you need to follow it.

There are 2 places I believe goat hunters / hunters should simply avoid. That is the Eagle Valley Trail, and the Ozalenka Trail. Goat hunting in these 2 places isn't great anyways.

These two trails are highly publicized and highly promoted in tourism brochures as well as locally as a recreational hiking destination. There's a cabin at each location which need to be "Booked" and payed for. They're always in use by a booking party of hikers. These two trails are popular in September / early October. Even hikers know there are no bugs to deal with and nice temperatures / fall colours.

Incidentally, my wife and 4 others are hiking the Eagle Valley right now. I also know the cabins are booked just about through September for both places so you're guaranteed to see recreational hikers. The goats / billies are spooked out of these areas with all their ridge walking / slylining etc all day. While my wife wouldn't have a problem with hunters going in, she certainly would tell you that there's better places to get a billy and that even I wouldn't hunt there. I've hiked all through that country. Most hiking groups that go in range from 4 to 10 people....if thats what you want to do, you can do it. I think you'd be wasting your time / effort though.

When your partner went in "before leh" .... there was no where near the level of recreational use of Eagle or Ozalenka like there is today.

If I personally had a goat tag, those two places are among the last places I would hunt for a good goat within 7-04. I believe I have passed alot of this good information onto lightmag who also has tags....

luckynuts
08-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Thanks Greg much appreciate will stay far away!!!!!!

W.

plumb_324
08-29-2010, 11:19 AM
I got a draw for area 6-1 moose. Is there a cooler in Vanderhoof or PG we can hang a moose if we get one for a few days.

Hardy
07-30-2015, 10:48 PM
Did you win an LEH?

Do you need some area or other information from the friendly and knowledgeable HBC members?

Ask here8-)

I have a shared draw ()with my Son in Law, my young grandson (both are new hunters) and me, Opa, not a new hunter) draw for Mid to end September in 5-15c. I have also found accommodation, however have no idea as to get from Lively to Comet Creek. Anyone have a map and directions. Have truck and a Jeep both are 4x4s. I have never been in that area, I could use some help and direction.
Regards
Hardy

itsy bitsy xj
07-30-2015, 11:09 PM
I got mule deer doe in 3-30 for Nov. I have an idea where I'm going but any more info would be great

Gateholio
07-30-2015, 11:22 PM
Lots of questions on this thread, not so many answers.

Seems like it wasn't a great idea, after all. Heck, it was from 2007, anyway!):-D

I think that Members seeking LEH info should just start their own specific threads.

Please start your own threads, I will lock this one in a few days.

Best to start your own thread.