PDA

View Full Version : Searching for first bow kill ........still.

luckofthedraw
11-11-2016, 01:28 PM
I'm in the stand as we speak. I have to share this one.

A spike blacktail came out, just over my left shoulder at 20 yards. Not a big deer, but I've been bow hunting kill-less for quite some time so I decided I was going to take the shot. He was quartering to me, but not too badly.

I stand up slowly. Calmly grab my bow. Just put the release on the loop, and I am about to draw back when all of a sudden 4 world war edition military planes fly in formation directly above the spike and I. Buzzing us at less then 100 ft. He gets spooked into some saplings...skirts them east, and crosses a creek bed. Haven't seen him since. This went down at exactly 11am.

I think someone is telling me I should have went to the ceremony instead of hunting. Lol

madtrapper85
11-11-2016, 01:41 PM
That sucks! Good work being patience!

Blockcaver
11-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Just means a bigger one will come by next! Hang in there and good luck!

Spy
11-11-2016, 04:18 PM
X2 be patient it will happen, do you have a can call ? Might have brought him back.

J_T
11-11-2016, 05:34 PM
Who wants a bigger one? I'd rather have a spike that tastes great. Hang in there, he'll be back.

smallfry14
11-11-2016, 06:54 PM
Could always be a blessing in disguise. On Halloween 2015 I had a mulie spike in my crosshairs 10 mins before last shooting light. Hesitated and thought about passing on him but as he went to take a step, which would've put him out of sight, I said f**k it and pulled the trigger. The safety was on. Never saw him again. Went out and got my biggest mulie so far on Remembrance day that year :D .
Props to you and your patience though. I'm in the same boat as you with the bow hunting. It ain't easy.

greybark
11-11-2016, 09:33 PM
Look for him in the Archery /Bowhunting section LOL . Good luck on the next one , and there will be a next one .
Cheers