PDA

View Full Version : Attention: any hunter with a reg 8-11 any bull moose LEH

HarryToolips
11-10-2016, 08:12 PM
I have a pretty good moosearea in region 8-11, saw 3 Bulls today, one cow, one did not move out of the trees and would not move even when I got close to him, like 15'....his one eye was partially hanging out, and he had another wound on his side, he was also leaning on a tree, I'm guessing he was injured in a fight with another bull..I would love to put him out of his misery but I don't have a draw, if one of you do, pm me plz I'm going out at first light tomorrow...I'll want half the meat, and it should be known that the pack out is about 2 km lol, so really think about it....on a side note, question for all you experienced moose folk: i 90% verified a spike fork moose, but could not shoot until 100% certain of course, the bull he was with spooked while I was trying to get closer to verify, he followed of course, I put a bit of a chase on and they were pressured a bit, what's the odds they'll be back in the morning?

srupp
11-10-2016, 08:20 PM
Injured like that he won't go far..blood loss will have him seek water..but main focus will be on dark quiet bedding area..that will even be more important than food.leaning on ..against a tree..may even be dead coming morning..but not far..
Steven

HarryToolips
11-10-2016, 08:40 PM
^^^^oh I agree, that's why I'd like to put the poor guy out of his misery, so hopefully someone steps up with a LEH, he'll be in the same spot in the morning, guaranteed..

elknut
11-10-2016, 11:14 PM
Just a stupid question!...That wounded bull... wouldn't it be feverish and sick? ..Would the meat still be good? If it was fighting it would have high levels of adrenalin also...Am I wrong or correct?...A long slow death doesnt promote good meat !...

f350ps
11-10-2016, 11:37 PM
I have a pretty good moosearea in region 8-11, saw 3 Bulls today, one cow, one did not move out of the trees and would not move even when I got close to him, like 15'....his one eye was partially hanging out, and he had another wound on his side, he was also leaning on a tree, I'm guessing he was injured in a fight with another bull..I would love to put him out of his misery but I don't have a draw, if one of you do, pm me plz I'm going out at first light tomorrow...I'll want half the meat, and it should be known that the pack out is about 2 km lol, so really think about it....on a side note, question for all you experienced moose folk: i 90% verified a spike fork moose, but could not shoot until 100% certain of course, the bull he was with spooked while I was trying to get closer to verify, he followed of course, I put a bit of a chase on and they were pressured a bit, what's the odds they'll be back in the morning?
Im sure guys with draws will be lining over this offer, they get to put a hole in a beat up adrenalin filled bull then pack it out 2km's only to give half away, yer all heart! K

Moose63
11-10-2016, 11:54 PM
Im sure guys with draws will be lining over this offer, they get to put a hole in a beat up adrenalin filled bull then pack it out 2km's only to give half away, yer all heart! K

I was thinkin' the same thing....thanks for the chuckle...

monasheemountainman
11-11-2016, 12:19 AM
If someone has an 8-11 bull draw it's probably already filled. I saw 3 bulls in an hour yesterday in 8-11 and that was just on my quad ride back to camp. Noble thing you're doing, Harry, just maybe try to sell it a bit better��

Fixit
11-11-2016, 12:27 AM
i also saw 9 moose an hour ago, will show you where for 1/4 of the meat!

604Stalker
11-11-2016, 12:42 AM
Harry I read your post quick and thought oh hes trying to help a wounded animal.. Then re read it dude half the meat were talking about the same reg 8 if they dont fill their moose draw its on them but nobody in their right mind with a moose tag is gonna split you off half. Best reneg and see if someone pops on it lol.

Drillbit
11-11-2016, 03:51 AM

Haha, my thoughts too.

The Vulva ain't much of a salesman.

Piperdown
11-11-2016, 06:21 AM
Haha, my thoughts too.

The Vulva ain't much of a salesman.

lol tooo funny

HarryToolips
11-11-2016, 06:32 AM
Hey I'd be packing it out with whomever, and showing them a really good spot, so I'd say it's worth half a bull moose....better than eating tag soup....

HarryToolips
11-11-2016, 06:32 AM
haha, my thoughts too.

The vulva ain't much of a salesman.
lol........................

Wild one
11-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Don't see why this offer is catching so much flack. Guy found a bull that will has lower odds of survival and would have low impact on population if taken. Personally many hunters I know my crew included look at it as if you share the work load the meat is shared as well.

As for the comments of there being lots of moose in that MU so why would someone with an LEH take this offer. Well not everyone who pulls an LEH has knowledge of the area they draw, hunting experience or knowledge of how to handle a moose once it hits the ground

This may not be an offer a lot of hunters here would take but I would not be surprised if a rookie, someone that could use physical help or a hunter running short on time to hunt might be into

If the offer is not for you don't take it but I would not assume no one would be interested.

Ozone
11-11-2016, 07:23 AM
By setting a price of half a moose, are you not now illegally guiding?

604Stalker
11-11-2016, 07:47 AM
Now don't start that again. Hahaha honestly for those of us who hunt the area Im sure we are right in our own way but harry and wild are right in their way of thinking as well a spot is worth whatever you haul out and then some and at the end of the day that moose ia probably done anyway. I say let them eat moose!

Boner
11-11-2016, 09:07 AM
I say it's no different than taking your buddy and splitting the haul. 50-50. It's a fair offer considering there's tons of people here with LEH authorizations who ask where to go. There's probably guys who have 8-11 draws who don't hunt the area and would jump at the chance.

Good luck.

Walksalot
11-11-2016, 09:21 AM
The bull may be in distress but Mother Nature is a great healer. If you kill it, it has no chance. I developed this line of thinking from an experience I had many years ago. I had a Flicker woodpecker with a broken wing in the orchard. I had it in my hand and was going to put it out of it's misery. I thought that if I kill it it has no chance so I let it go. Over the course of the winter I would watch it and when I went near it it would scramble up a tree. Near spring it scrambled up a tree and to my surprise glided from one tree to another. Not long after it scrambled up a tree and started to glide and in the end flew for a short distance. After that I never saw it on the ground again. Again I say" Mother Nature is a great healer."

Wild one
11-11-2016, 09:28 AM
The bull may be in distress but Mother Nature is a great healer. If you kill it, it has no chance. I developed this line of thinking from an experience I had many years ago. I had a Flicker woodpecker with a broken wing in the orchard. I had it in my hand and was going to put it out of it's misery. I thought that if I kill it it has no chance so I let it go. Over the course of the winter I would watch it and when I went near it it would scramble up a tree. Near spring it scrambled up a tree and to my surprise glided from one tree to another. Not long after it scrambled up a tree and started to glide and in the end flew for a short distance. After that I never saw it on the ground again. Again I say" Mother Nature is a great healer."

Very true but you can't deny the odds of any injured animal are lower when it comes to survival

ryanonthevedder
11-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Call the band office! A native will come out and wack it for you, it will likely get spread out into the community, and you will have some brownie points.

That is IF you want to hand over your spot to someone who might hunt it all year :lol:

Stone Sheep Steve
11-11-2016, 12:43 PM
There are usually people that have trouble filling November moose draws.....but I'd wager most of those aren't willing to pack a bull out 2 Kms

RiverOtter
11-11-2016, 12:57 PM
While I like a good Disney story as much as the next person, the only thing that saved your flicker was it's proximity to your house and the very likely fact that you set out free food for it; whether intentionally or otherwise.

A bull moose with one eye in the wild has about as much chance as a snowman making it to May long in the Okanagan.
For the sake of the moose, I really hope someone comes forward and ends its suffering .

monasheemountainman
11-11-2016, 01:26 PM
While I like a good Disney story as much as the next person, the only thing that saved your flicker was it's proximity to your house and the very likely fact that you set out free food for it; whether intentionally or otherwise.

A bull moose with one eye in the wild has about as much chance as a snowman making it to May long in the Okanagan.
For the sake of the moose, I really hope someone comes forward and ends its suffering .

obviously you have never been to the Okanagan for a May long, always shitty weather and cold like snowy cold

300H&H
11-11-2016, 02:29 PM
By setting a price of half a moose, are you not now illegally guiding?

Call it a TIP or SERVICE CHARGE

ROY-alty33
11-11-2016, 03:56 PM
A big bull to the wolves equals a lot of live calves.

Wild one
11-11-2016, 04:16 PM

Or new wolf pups

Glenny
11-11-2016, 04:54 PM
So any takers harry?

RiverOtter
11-11-2016, 05:53 PM
obviously you have never been to the Okanagan for a May long, always shitty weather and cold like snowy cold
Curious, where is the Okanagan, in relation to Cherryville?........:-P

RiverOtter
11-11-2016, 05:55 PM

Or new wolf pups
I'm gonna go with the latter in this case....

Fisher-Dude
11-11-2016, 06:38 PM
http://img.michaeljacksonspictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/popcorn.gif

monasheemountainman
11-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Curious, where is the Okanagan, in relation to Cherryville?........:-P
Ahh I see that's what the ville means well you know then

Looking_4_Jerky
11-11-2016, 08:05 PM
they dont need to hike in 2 kms to shoot a moose...theyll just drive around and pit lamp them at night

Sad but true!

two-feet
11-11-2016, 09:18 PM
I would shoot that sucker, pack it out, grind it up with some pig or bear fat. Make sausages. Drink beer with Mr 2lips.

HarryToolips
11-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Call the band office! A native will come out and wack it for you, it will likely get spread out into the community, and you will have some brownie points.

That is IF you want to hand over your spot to someone who might hunt it all year :lol:
Lol I will cut my dink off before I ever help a FN hunter harvest whatever whenever they want..I WILL however, help a FN hunter if they follow the regular hunting rules - my old next door neighbors were FN and I did this very thing..

HarryToolips
11-11-2016, 10:26 PM
So any takers harry?
Nada, but I'm ok with that, I thought about it more, and I scouted hard for this area, and don't really want to give it up, im seeing multiple moose there every time, if I was 100% sure on that one I woulda had a spike forker..I'm just going to phone the CO service, see if they will put it out of its misery, I walked to within 15' of it again, that old warrior is still in the same spot..

Fisher-Dude
11-11-2016, 10:31 PM
The COS just let nature take its course. It's not their job to interfere.

Don't waste their time.

okas
11-11-2016, 10:35 PM
I would just leave him be a lot of wolf bait there

sakohunter
11-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Let nature take its course!!

REMINGTON JIM
11-11-2016, 11:14 PM
Ahh I see that's what the ville means well you know then

LMFFAO ! :lol: RJ

Drillbit
11-12-2016, 01:30 AM
The good Ol Ville

Used to dump the tubes in the shushwap there by the golf course and drift down to Hesketh's. Good times. Even went through The Chute if we had enough WildCatStong beers. Lost a pair of Oakleys there.

As far as the moose goes. Let it ride, and keep the spot to yourself. Keep those Lips tight!

HarryToolips
11-12-2016, 09:40 AM
^^^^^lol they're sealed shut!

madtrapper85
11-12-2016, 10:12 AM
If you got with in 15feet of it again why not snap a photo and share it on here?

HarryToolips
11-12-2016, 04:36 PM
http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y364/harrytoolips/DSCN3564_zpsgj1zpyme.jpg (http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/harrytoolips/media/DSCN3564_zpsgj1zpyme.jpg.html)

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y364/harrytoolips/DSCN3563_zpsejds9sra.jpg (http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/harrytoolips/media/DSCN3563_zpsejds9sra.jpg.html)

Glenny
11-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Don't underestimate the recuperative abilities of mother natures critters. You never know.

J_T
11-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Call the trapper for that area. Let him get some snares out if there is any evidence of wolves in the area. I understand why you reached out Harry. I would agree at first glance it seems like the right thing to do. And a conservationist would participate in culling the weak. You sure took some flak on here from those who saw it differently.

monasheemountainman
11-12-2016, 05:02 PM
Oh I already know that spot :)

madtrapper85
11-12-2016, 06:57 PM
ya he's beat up pretty good! Hopefully someone can help. Guess that's what happens when you pick a fight with a bigger bull!

butthead
11-12-2016, 07:04 PM
i was gonna say something but i am biting my tong right now
that's for this one

butthead
11-12-2016, 07:05 PM
yep
thank you

butthead
11-12-2016, 07:13 PM
yah know there just not gona help
went through the same thing this year at the farm
had a 3 point in the orchard with a broken leg
could of shot it but is with in city limits had a tag to cancel with my request they said that was ok
so they would not say do it
refereed me to rcmp
no luck there
yep the coyotes ate it and iam with out as of now
conservation

butthead
11-12-2016, 07:19 PM
^^^^^lol they're sealed shut!

if you got it don't flaunt it

butthead
11-12-2016, 07:21 PM
If you got with in 15feet of it again why not snap a photo and share it on here?
.................................................. ......

butthead
11-12-2016, 07:23 PM
Call the trapper for that area. Let him get some snares out if there is any evidence of wolves in the area. I understand why you reached out Harry. I would agree at first glance it seems like the right thing to do. And a conservationist would participate in culling the weak. You sure took some flak on here from those who saw it differently.

good call there

HarryToolips
11-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Thank you, ya I wish I knew the trapper in the area, I haven't seen any wolf sign immediately around there, but I did hear the yotes' yesterday around there..

butthead
11-12-2016, 09:29 PM
keep up the good work Harry

okas
11-12-2016, 10:45 PM
he looks like i feel:cry: hes tucked in there OK

HarryToolips
11-13-2016, 12:43 AM
Don't underestimate the recuperative abilities of mother natures critters. You never know.
Hopeyourright!

HarryToolips
11-13-2016, 12:44 AM
keep up the good work Harry
Thankyou.............

ve7iuq
11-13-2016, 11:09 PM
Who in hell would eat that that moose that has been badly injured?

Drillbit
11-14-2016, 12:26 AM
Who in hell would eat that that moose that has been badly injured?

Saw 20 ravens eat a roadkill skunk in a few hours recently. Still shaking my head over that one.

So, worst case ontario Ravens, but I'd bet coyotes would eat it too.

BigMrMeats
11-14-2016, 06:58 PM
The mans being called a "Vulva" (aka... a ****).... because he's giving a gimme shot on a large moose, helping to gut, field dress and pack it out, in what is one of the most perfect honey holes for moose hunting in region 8, which he would be giving away... and he's only asking for half the meat.

Also... learn something on how the endocrine system affects the body of an animal. Stupid shits.

You god-damned, lazy, pathetic, unappreciated *******s define spoiled and un-educated. Embarrassment to have to share the bush with you.

markathome
11-14-2016, 07:05 PM
Put the brakes on big rig. Everyone's being civil here.

The mans being called a "Vulva" (aka... a ****).... because he's giving a gimme shot on a large moose, helping to gut, field dress and pack it out, in what is one of the most perfect honey holes for moose hunting in region 8, which he would be giving away... and he's only asking for half the meat.

Also... learn something on how the endocrine system affects the body of an animal. Stupid shits.

You god-damned, lazy, pathetic, unappreciated *******s define spoiled and un-educated. Embarrassment to have to share the bush with you.

Clint_S
11-14-2016, 07:24 PM
I think vulva is in reference to his toolips;-)

HarryToolips
11-14-2016, 09:36 PM

It's all good buddy;).....I'm glad I didn't show the spot to anyone anyway....

Seeker
11-14-2016, 09:37 PM
I have confirmed wolf sightings on camera in the MU and verbal confirmation of the same from a reg 8 biologist. He will feed a few wolves. It looks like he may welcome it! Your intentions are in the right place 'lips that are sealed'. Its unfortunate you have such a critical audience.

Beaverhunter
11-14-2016, 09:54 PM
Doesn't seem like much of a hunt, let Mother Nature take its course.

palmer
11-14-2016, 10:00 PM

21 posts and you are already calling names....can't wait till you have been here awhile....

Looking_4_Jerky
11-14-2016, 10:17 PM
21 posts and you are already calling names....can't wait till you have been here awhile....

I know!It took me at least 30!

ve7iuq
11-16-2016, 01:12 PM
Saw 20 ravens eat a roadkill skunk in a few hours recently. Still shaking my head over that one.

So, worst case ontario Ravens, but I'd bet coyotes would eat it too.

My point was that surely no human would eat that sick moose.

Glenny
11-16-2016, 01:32 PM
If anyone shoots or sees a one eyed moose next year revive this thread.

anytail
11-16-2016, 07:53 PM
Hey Harry, I hope you were lucky enough to find the spike/fork moose again.

HarryToolips
11-16-2016, 10:14 PM
^^^^^lol I didn't, I only had a half day to hunt after that since then, he never showed, but another immy bull showed up, I watched it for a couple minutes, was very borderline legal, had barely any antler sticking out of its head, like less than an 1", I really contemplated on whether it was legal or not for about 2 minutes, before it went back into the trees...I'm glad at the end of the day I 'when in doubt don't shoot', but I think I may have passed on a legal bull, as there was visible bony antler, and it's only a tine of an antler that has to be >1"...oh well saw 7 moose in a day and a half at my spot, and a big muley that wouldn't quite give me a vitals shot, so I'm happy with my prospects in the future....

HarryToolips
11-16-2016, 10:34 PM
Oh ya and while not really even looking for antler sheds, me and a buddy found 3 moose sheds there, can't wait to follow tracks early January up there..

MRoy10
11-26-2016, 07:22 PM
Hahaha this one is a good laugh before bed..