PDA

View Full Version : The time has come !

dirtymax
11-10-2016, 07:43 AM
This is my second year hunting and got lucky enough to get a bull moose draw with the group in 3-32, still looking for my first big game animal after relentless weekends out trying . Bit the bullet and took 6 days of work definitely looking forward to the time in the bush . Hours and hours on google earth searching areas where we will be hunting. Hopefully we can connect and come back with some wicked photos and a story. Any last minute moose hunting tactics would be appreciated. With the rut over I'm assuming we should focus on food source areas? Goodluck to everybody else this weekend !

adamgarbett
11-10-2016, 08:02 AM
you got it food sources will be where their held up! Good luck, have fun and just let it all happen.

Wild one
11-10-2016, 08:16 AM
PM sent Burn some boot leather and look for sign

If you are a lazy hunter you will hate the area. If you don't mind exercise you may fall in love with that country

monasheemountainman
11-10-2016, 09:13 AM
I hope you get him. Work hard and remember 6 days isn't much time if you aren't familiar with the area.

dirtymax
11-10-2016, 09:34 AM
At the age of 21 I got more than enough energy... one of our group members has a cabin we will be staying at so he knows the area like his backyard ! How will rain affect the moose ? I'm assuming not much if it's bulking season.

dirtymax
11-18-2016, 08:40 AM
Well back from the hunt , no moose sightings , spent all our time in a valley we knew the moose were hanging out in October , sign every step you took but never managed to come across anything fresh , after 4 days covering the whole gulley we hiked and still hunted we traveled to a few other areas to scout for fresh sign but nothing, we suspect they had moved down a little to far for us too drive from camp daily. On the plus side we saw 3 bucks taken from the alpine close to camp 2 four points and a 7x4 non typical .... well this was more than enough to excite me so I spent the last two mornings deer hunting in the fresh snow solo while the others chased the elusive moose. Managed to bump a handful of does and spotted a buck at 400 yds but he tookoff before I could count points. Still an awesome trip and learned tons! I know where I'll be going for Muleys next October !