PDA

View Full Version : Quesnel Bears?

StuBrown
11-08-2016, 05:42 PM
Moose season is now over and of course it is now time to try for deer. I am just wondering if people are still seeing many bears in the Quesnel area? Not looking for any honey holes just if you are still seeing them and lots of track? I have spent 25 days all around PG driving, walking, sitting, and have not seen a single one. Hoping to get some more burgers made for the winter.

srupp
11-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Hmm blacks and grizzlies still out in Williams Lake area..shouldn't be much difference..still trapping grizzlies in Bella Coola area causing problems..it was 17 degrees here today..in the Cariboo mtn some bears will be zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Steven

Wild one
11-08-2016, 05:54 PM
Too late too bear hunt might get lucky but don't expect to see them

Wild one
11-08-2016, 05:58 PM
Well Steve does know his bears so maybe you stand a chance

have not seen one in Burns they thin right out here come mid Oct

tigrr
11-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Been out many hours near Horsefly and have not seen a black bear or any tracks. Rabbits are turning white though. My elevation is 2600.

StuBrown
11-08-2016, 11:40 PM
Thank you for the info. As everyone just looking to fill the freezer.

TPK
11-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Two weeks in the bush out East of Quesnel (Maude/Nyland/Lebourdais Lakes area) and never even saw fresh bear scat let alone a bear! Worst year ever for seeing a bear, at least where my Son and I were.

b72471
11-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Quesnel; by middle of Oct bears start to den up, by Nov it's all over for the year. This extended season for black bear is worth ZIP.

srupp
11-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Hmm not many moving..some have defiantly denned, , but photos of couple of bear tracks.pointing out to our young successful deer hunters what a big black bear track versus what reasonable grizzly track looks like..these were in Horsefly area Nov 1..
Another hunter surprised b at Gang Ranch. .around same time..should be zzzzzzzzzzzzzz however warm fall..no snow..17 degree hot spells..
A few bears does not make a hord of bears..but some...
Srupp

J_06
11-12-2016, 02:05 AM
Had a decent sized black bear try and make a run on my dumpster three nights ago in PG. Found fresh crap a few days back while out looking for chickens with the dog, would have brought my rifle as i still have a tag to cut but I too figured they'd be snoozing