PDA

View Full Version : Logan lake or Lac Le Juene

dmaxtech
11-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Still hoping to get out with my son and find his first buck this year. Which is a better bet? East of Coq or West? Or is off the 5a better?

Rob
11-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Both will be busy unless you know some decent areas. IT'S 4 pt now and the rut should be heavy next weekend. Hiked around up chataway and saw 3 does but no bucks with them. Doesn't mean much I guess but the fun should be starting

Glenny
11-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Also spike fork moose open. get off the road.

Ltbullken
11-06-2016, 05:48 PM
Don't know why the Kootenays are so up in arms about 'non-Kootenay resident' hunters! They're all coming to Region 3!!

Glenny
11-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Albertans.

Bugle M In
11-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Don't know why the Kootenays are so up in arms about 'non-Kootenay resident' hunters! They're all coming to Region 3!!

You got that right....ran into more guys from up there than the LM last season!!

Bugle M In
11-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Albertans.

Yup....anything from Golden and east....lol

skibum
11-06-2016, 06:27 PM

Ya, I think it cycles, right now the spot is Tunkwa / Logan Lake / Paska.

Like wolves once everybody realizes the deer have been shot up, the pack will move to a different place

Jagermeister
11-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Ya, I think it cycles, right now the spot is Tunkwa / Logan Lake / Paska.

Like wolves once everybody realizes the deer have been shot up, the pack will move to a different placeSay, that is a pretty darn good analogy!

Mulehahn
11-06-2016, 10:00 PM
For a kid I say West of the Coq simply because it opens up to more areas. Lac Le Jeune to Roche, Surrey, etc ... where I see more whitetails. They are in pockets, once you find one or two the rest are usually close. From Logan lake cutting over to Ashcroft is the definition of Muley territory to me but a lot harder hunt.

But as was said, everyone and there dog heads there now because it is the place to be. Just like my dad tells me 100 mile was the place in the late 70s to 80s, the island in the 80s-90s, the Koots in the 90s-2000s, and not it is Kamloops. Get off the road a little, 10-15yds and you may be surprised at the trails.

Shooter Jr.
11-06-2016, 10:04 PM
I spent a week up in Tunkwa lake last week. Busy busy busy. Seen a handful of does, no bucks, nor whitetails, and lots and lots of guys. Personally, I would head elsewhere from my recent experience. Good luck!

russm86
11-07-2016, 08:48 AM
I spent a week up in Tunkwa lake last week. Busy busy busy. Seen a handful of does, no bucks, nor whitetails, and lots and lots of guys. Personally, I would head elsewhere from my recent experience. Good luck!

This seems to describe anywhere within an hour of Kamloops this year... I've lived and hunted here my whole life, never seen so many guys in the bush, even my "out of the way" spots are busy. I've also seen way way fewer big bucks this year than ever before, actually I haven't seen a single muley buck since the first or second week of October until last night coming out in the dark saw one 2 or 3 point on the road, guess I shouldn't have passed on those spikes and 2 points opening week of any buck...