PDA

View Full Version : Youth initiation license Question ??

TCMX
11-06-2016, 09:39 AM
So my 14 year brother is joing us on his first hunt ever this coming weekend and this may be a dumb question but i cant find anywhere where that clarifies wether he can harvest an "antlerless" whitetail when he only has a "youth initiation" license and has to hunt off my tags ?? any input would be great thanks.

hoochie
11-06-2016, 09:55 AM
I dont have the regs right in front of me, but I believe the WT antlerless was closed Oct31.

Wild one
11-06-2016, 09:55 AM
My understanding is yes he is still good for youth seasons

never hurts to phone CO just in case

todbartell
11-06-2016, 09:58 AM
He should have a youth or junior hunting license and not an 'initiation' license, which is a one time only license for hunters age 18+ that have not completed the CORE and received a hunter #/FWID#

If he's 14 he can partake in youth only seasons, whomever he is hunting with will cut their tag

TCMX
11-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Yes he was youth licnese sorry, not initiation or jounior core. I couldnt remember what it was called exactly.

dru88
11-06-2016, 11:57 AM
I believe if you are talking about him hunting antlerless within a youth season than yes he can. You would still have to cut your tag.
The paragraph below is from page 7 of the synopsys. Hope this helps.

Youth hunting licence:4Youth 10 years of age or older, and under 18years of age, that have a hunter number mayobtain a Hunting Licence OR a Youth Licence.4A Youth Hunting Licence can only be issued  to a parent or guardian on behalf of his/her childor ward who is 10 years of age or older andunder the age of 18.4The youth hunter, whether or not they havecompleted a hunter training program, must beaccompanied and under the close personalsupervision of an adult who carries the properlicences and meets the prescribed qualifications.4Non-resident qualifications for a YouthHunting Licence are the same with the exceptionthat they may not hunt for wildlife forwhich a Limited Entry Hunting authorization isrequired

TCMX
11-06-2016, 02:13 PM
awesome thanks guys!

ROY-alty33
11-07-2016, 03:27 AM
I asked the same question to the ministry last year. Can't get on my email right now to share their response but Yes he can hunt any open youth season and you cut your tag. They also advised it would be smart to keep him handy to you until the animal is home or at the butchers to avoid any unnecessary headaches if stopped.