PDA

View Full Version : deer hunting

Dorarem
11-04-2016, 01:57 PM
what do you guys do with skin, bones and head when u skin deer in the bush? just leave it there for predators? or what
I know is saskatchewan there are government offices where you can drop skin and head. what about in BC? are we allowed to leave it in a bush and take meat only?

twoSevenO
11-04-2016, 02:07 PM
what do you guys do with skin, bones and head when u skin deer in the bush? just leave it there for predators? or what
I know is saskatchewan there are government offices where you can drop skin and head. what about in BC? are we allowed to leave it in a bush and take meat only?

yes. Leave it in the bush.

Nice Lada!

RackStar
11-04-2016, 02:18 PM
It's good bird feed!

MichelD
11-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Ravens, eagles, crows, gray jays, coyotes and bears make short work of leftovers.

wideopenthrottle
11-04-2016, 02:50 PM
skin and doe heads get left behind but bones come home and make good dog treats...big bones go to a friend with a bigger dog

Surrey Boy
11-04-2016, 03:13 PM
skin and doe heads get left behind but bones come home and make good dog treats...big bones go to a friend with a bigger dog

No evidence of sex until you come home?

Wild one
11-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Throw it in the bush to feed all the scavengers list is huge

Just be sure to pick an place that will not get public attention keep it away from parks, trails, and other public use areas. Take it a good ways into a FSR and dump it away from the road out of sight. Don't leave any trash with it either. Basically just be respectful of the general public and use common sense

rocksteady
11-04-2016, 03:47 PM
Don't dump it in a rec site.. law against that.... otherwise, feed the less fortunate

SaintSix
11-04-2016, 04:37 PM
it all comes home when I'm hunting on the island. then I butcher it and drive the skin and bones back for nature to do its things, feeds lots of critters from bears down to the bugs. Just make sure its in a appropriate area.

ruger#1
11-04-2016, 04:57 PM
No evidence of sex until you come home?What do they have between their legs?

Dirt Road King
11-07-2016, 07:19 PM
leave it for the yotes

Ryo
11-07-2016, 07:31 PM
I brought the hide from my fall deer home this year and put it in the freezer... This morning I decided I was never going to get around to tanning it, and almost threw it in the trash. On a whim, I emailed the local First Nation (Kwikwetlem) and they were more than happy to accept it as a gift to be used in their cultural programming (drum making is the typical use). Another alternative...

wideopenthrottle
11-08-2016, 08:03 AM
No evidence of sex until you come home?

teets for evidence of sex...almost all deer come out whole so teets are enough aren't they?