PDA

View Full Version : 7-02 cow/calf draw

irishbandit1
06-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Yee-haw,my daughter and I were drawn in the valemont area.As we have never hunted this region we are looking for any info on this region as well as the possibilites of cold storage in this local .Hunt is scheduled from oct 10-25 .Any insight would be appreciated ,thanks and good luck to all this year.:D

dana
06-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Same timeframe as the GOS calf and immature. That week is a zoo. Tons of guys hunt Valemount that week. Your only asset is you can knock down a cow. If the rut is good you should find a cow or 2. Last year there was a full moon during that timeframe and all the rutting activity was at night. Things were pretty dead during daylight. I'd focus on the side drainages down the East Canoe if I were you.

Jelvis
06-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Ahhhh, the luck of the Irish, cow/calf in 7-02, like winnin the sweepstakes. Vehicle access from Valemount on Hwy 5, via the Canoe Forest road down the east side of Canoe Reach, or the west Lake road down the west side of the reach. Another logging road you might want to try which is good moose and deer is west from Hwy 5 about 2km north of Valemount centre it forks one km in GO LEFT, Upper Canoe River road. May the luck of the Irish be with ya, the wind in your face, the sun on the back of your neck, and a moose in the swamp lookin for ya. Jelly Bean

irishbandit1
06-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks guys,if your ever down kelowna way maybe I can hook you up with a christian valley whitetail hunt,I have hunted that area for 25 yrs and might have a few tips of my own.Jelvis,I'll be up in your neck of the woods opening day for monster mulies.I went to trade school up there and became addicted,thanks again,Steve aka the irishbandit..

dana
06-30-2007, 06:51 PM
The West Canoe is blownout not even half way down. I can't remember the exact km but I'm thinkin it's between 20-25. The Upper Canoe is nice on the front end, but she gets really tight without much too look at and then she ends at a big fancy heli skiing lodge. That is where the valley just starts to get real moosey.

Wildfoot
07-01-2007, 09:29 AM
dont hunt upper canoe around CMH.. too many people in the bush.

Go down the east side of kinbasket.. i think thats still in 7-2. cow calf have been around 40km the last 2 years.