PDA

View Full Version : Nice Buck... but I think you need more rope!

bang flop
10-29-2016, 11:58 PM
First off, I didn't take this picture. It was sent to me by my non-hunting brother. He thought it was a bit red neck but I laughed.

Anyway this was by armstrong.

Nice buck, but bring a tarp next time. I am not offended but many non-hunters are.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t118/andrewpereboom/Mobile%20Uploads/image000000.jpg (http://s158.photobucket.com/user/andrewpereboom/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image000000.jpg.html)

Ajsawden
10-30-2016, 12:04 AM
I feel like this is the same as the breast feeding 'problem'. It's only offensive to those who want to be offended by it, and really they should just be minding their own business. I think it's great, I love to see what game people are getting. It's too bad that so many get all bent out of shape. Congrats stranger in the picture for a nice buck!

dougan
10-30-2016, 12:05 AM
Is it really redneck by armstrong or just life?

goatdancer
10-30-2016, 12:07 AM
If everyone worried about offending someone else nothing would ever be accomplished. Too many people are 'offended ' by the most frivolous things.

whitlers
10-30-2016, 12:11 AM
I agree being 'offended' has become a fad these days but we as hunters need to watch our stereotype. Images like this don't help our cause.

bang flop
10-30-2016, 12:12 AM
Geez... it's more about how much rope they used...

Gateholio
10-30-2016, 12:45 AM
Looks like a nice buck, and well restrained!

Only those thst that choose to be offended by this will be. Most people are more curious than anything

Weatherby Fan
10-30-2016, 05:13 AM
Haha definitley not an ex commercial fisherman, does look like a nice buck and nope certainly not offensive in my books !

Kopper
10-30-2016, 06:11 AM
The group he was showing off to in town didn't look too offended lol

Brez
10-30-2016, 07:07 AM
It wasn't distastefully displayed. Too bad if it's offensive to some people. It is the legal result of a legal and honored activity. I suppose we'll have to tarp our firewood so we don't offend the tree-huggers.

nature girl
10-30-2016, 07:31 AM
I see nothing wrong with that at all. And whoever shot that deer good for them for getting such a nice one.

Gun Dog
10-30-2016, 07:38 AM
I like to see how other hunters are doing. When heading for the Cariboo I'm checking return traffic for horn and game.

TheDuke
10-30-2016, 08:08 AM
I'm pretty sure most of us don't have a problem seeing this, because... this is a hunting website. We have to be careful about how we are perceived by people who don't agree with what we do. They are the majority and generally hold some weight in the decision making process.

Pinewood
10-30-2016, 09:20 AM
Skip to the 3:40 mark of this video for a laugh;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

fuzzy 63
10-30-2016, 09:36 AM
Morning . I like to thing along the lines that as soon as the animal hits the ground it becomes my food and Then I treat it as such the whole way through . I would have it wrapped for the reason of cleanliness first and foremost . As to peoples thinking about offending someone , that is only someones perception and I suppose that is their option .
Cliff

bang flop
10-30-2016, 09:39 AM
Skip to the 3:40 mark of this video for a laugh;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Hahaha.... well played!

Liptugger
10-30-2016, 10:38 AM
Ok, maybe a dumb question, but would wrapping it in a plastic tarp trap in heat and moisture from the cooling?

Wood butcher
10-30-2016, 10:49 AM
I love seeing the critters and antlers.
We traveled with our antlers displayed, but bagged the head so people were not grossed out by the eyeballs in a skinned out head. We had plenty of positive comments. We got comments all the way home to the island from the interior.
When we hit the ferry, it was suggested that we may want to cover them up. We asked if it was mandatory. The answer was no, but it was suggested that some activist types may have a problem with it. We chose not to cover and had one or two more positive comments.
When it is done tastefully, it is a good thing.

I see nothing wrong with that, congrats to the hunter.

russm
10-30-2016, 10:51 AM
Probably but no more than leaving the fur on, if I'm able to fill my doe draw this week I'll have to drive home with it mounted to my quad, i drive a short box truck so not a lot of options, should get some interesting looks on the way home lol.

wsm
10-30-2016, 11:02 AM
meh. get over it if your one of the offended , I could care less about who is offended anymore . gets tiresome after a while . my opinion , if you don't like it don't look!!!!

Barracuda
10-30-2016, 11:11 AM
I am offended by those that are offended by this . Nice buck . I think someone should get a taxied deer strap it to their roof and drive around Vancouver or Victoria with it

medic11
10-30-2016, 11:23 AM
This world is becoming way to "politically correct".

warnniklz
10-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Tarping up animals offends me!! ME!! So it shouldn't be done.

Buckmeister
10-30-2016, 01:33 PM
I'm offended that wasn't my truck and deer in the picture. :p Ha, ha. Let em roll!!! Nice buck!

Salty
10-30-2016, 01:46 PM

Just life. You'd probably be as likely to see a dead cow in the back of a truck its a small interior community with a lot farming all around it. No one would bat an eye I wouldn't think. Cruising 4th avenue in Kitsilano would be a little different as far as offending people goes. I normally have an animal portioned up and not at all visible but I didn't think twice about driving a deer home on the roof of my wife's Escape one time in the north island. Probably wouldn't do it in Victoria if there was an alternative. I'm not in to freaking people out for no reason.

panhead
10-30-2016, 01:54 PM
Remember many moons ago pulling into a restaurant in Hope on our way home from moose hunting up in PG. We were in an "International Travelall" and we had 2 moose in the back that were skinned out and quartered. The Travelall had widows all around. Some guy and his young son were standing looking into the windows when we returned from eating. He just said ... "how many you got in there?" And we thought we were being discreet ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The poor nut’s cheese slid of his cracker a long long time ago.

Buckmeister
10-30-2016, 01:55 PM
^^^^^^^^^ I was at gas station once and there was a one ton truck with a flat deck there. The deck had a "cage" made from 2x6 slats or something with an inch or two of spacing between slats. I could see there was a dead cow inside, but what caught my attention was all the blood draining and dripping from the deck. Not really a pretty sight.

dino
10-30-2016, 02:38 PM
i cant see through the crack in the windshield

ducktoller
10-30-2016, 04:21 PM
Just life. You'd probably be as likely to see a dead cow in the back of a truck its a small interior community with a lot farming all around it. No one would bat an eye I wouldn't think. Cruising 4th avenue in Kitsilano would be a little different as far as offending people goes. I normally have an animal portioned up and not at all visible but I didn't think twice about driving a deer home on the roof of my wife's Escape one time in the north island. Probably wouldn't do it in Victoria if there was an alternative. I'm not in to freaking people out for no reason.

On 4th ave just say that you are practicing a locovore lifestyle and wanted to minimize dependance on a capitalist factory farm constructs for sourcing food and everyone will love you.

Glassman
10-30-2016, 07:25 PM
Why is it ok to display entire chickens/turkeys at the grocery store but its not ok to to see a fella get a nice buck?

Salty
10-30-2016, 07:43 PM
On 4th ave just say that you are practicing a locovore lifestyle and wanted to minimize dependance on a capitalist factory farm constructs for sourcing food and everyone will love you.

There ya go and a no GMO sign hanging off the back; good to go :)

dmaxtech
10-30-2016, 08:17 PM
Organic free-range non-GMO ethically raised protein.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
10-30-2016, 08:42 PM
What is the world coming too, that someone should suggest you bring a tarp and tarp that .. I cant believe some people ..

Buckmeister
10-30-2016, 08:54 PM
Why is it ok to display entire chickens/turkeys at the grocery store but its not ok to to see a fella get a nice buck?

Cause no one by the name of Walt made an animated movie about a chicken or turkey growing up and were their mother was killed in a poor and biased display of hunting!

tim3500
10-30-2016, 09:21 PM
Great picture , Had a quick laugh that should be a Tree Hugger Then they could be offended

landphil
10-31-2016, 12:08 AM

A real redneck woulda put him up on the ladder rack. :) It's just life, though not something you see every day. There really isn't much other option with the space the guy has to work with there - either in the cab, on the ladder rack, or where he is. And wrapping with a tarp to create a greenhouse effect - no thanks.

gamehunter6o
10-31-2016, 12:29 AM
I would have phoned PETA as that amount of rope clearly indicates the poor buck must still be alive.

J-F
10-31-2016, 02:00 AM
Growing up in Québec, it's been like that all the time I lived there. I hear it's still like that, guys showing their moose on the drive back from hunting. And other people giving the thumbs up as they honk. You don't see it much in Montréal, but I sure did in Québec City right up until the 2000's. And like in BC, the further you go from the big centres, the more you will see it.

Next buck I shoot, I'll cover the meat well, but I'll show it.

604Stalker
10-31-2016, 06:33 AM
Oh he had a tarp its just under all that stuff.and that big buck is on top of it.

landphil
10-31-2016, 08:45 AM
I would have phoned PETA as that amount of rope clearly indicates the poor buck must still be alive.

Good point. Guy probably kidnapped that buck from the golf course across the road from where the pic was taken. :)

Xenomorph
10-31-2016, 08:57 AM
Looks like a nice buck, and well restrained!

Only those thst that choose to be offended by this will be. Most people are more curious than anything

I think it's the way we react to the "offended" ones that might change a lot of minds and possibly offer a different perspective.
I'd have no issues tying down game to my SUV and bring it whole to downtown Vancouver.

smallfry14
11-01-2016, 06:43 AM
People can get offended all they want, that sounds a lot like their problem not mine :D Deer in my avatar was strapped to the roof of a Rav4, some people passed us on the highway with phones out the window taking video. Almost felt good like.."yeah, i killed that buck!"

Chopper
11-02-2016, 02:51 PM
Looks like a secure load to me

AgSilver
11-02-2016, 03:01 PM
I'd have no issues tying down game to my SUV and bring it whole to downtown Vancouver.

Maybe I'm not man enough, but I'd be worried about those non-violent, animal loving vegans kicking the crap out of me.

buckhunter76
11-02-2016, 03:15 PM
I drove home from Kelowna with 2 muledeer and a bear ratchets strapped to my canopy, got a lot of thumbs up, meat stays cool and had no room in the box, we as hunters can't be afraid of being seen by the public eye, I don't think any hunter out their should be worried about what he or she is doing as long as they are being legal and ethical in what they are doing, be proud of your hobby, be proud you are providing meat for you and your family. The more we hide what we are doing from the public the more oppressed our hobby will get. I used three ratchet straps for 2 deer and a bear..... pretty sure I could braid myself a hammock out of how much rope that guy used hahah

Chopper
11-02-2016, 03:24 PM
I drove home from Kelowna with 2 muledeer and a bear ratchets strapped to my canopy, got a lot of thumbs up, meat stays cool and had no room in the box, we as hunters can't be afraid of being seen by the public eye, I don't think any hunter out their should be worried about what he or she is doing as long as they are being legal and ethical in what they are doing, be proud of your hobby, be proud you are providing meat for you and your family. The more we hide what we are doing from the public the more oppressed our hobby will get. I used three ratchet straps for 2 deer and a bear..... pretty sure I could braid myself a hammock out of how much rope that guy used hahah

Your a BEAUTY ! ... I have to step up my game. Everything I shoot goes IN my canopy

Xenomorph
11-02-2016, 03:33 PM
Maybe I'm not man enough, but I'd be worried about those non-violent, animal loving vegans kicking the crap out of me.

Some say, walking into your building with a bear on your back removes any desire of the naysayers to effect such beatings ...so they say anyway :wink:

wideopenthrottle
11-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Morning . I like to thing along the lines that as soon as the animal hits the ground it becomes my food and Then I treat it as such the whole way through . I would have it wrapped for the reason of cleanliness first and foremost . As to peoples thinking about offending someone , that is only someones perception and I suppose that is their option .
Cliff
same for me...I gut where it drops so I would cover it if I was driving on a dirt road....if they got it on a farm where they needed to gut it elsewhere then that is how I would transport it too ...as I was a chief scout and I am currently on a confined space/high angle rescue team I would definitely used less than the 4 miles of rope...Like they say " if you don't know knots, ...tie lots"

rocksteady
11-02-2016, 03:56 PM
I am proud of my hunting heritage. I will not hide it to appease the easily offended... If they want to confront me, bring it. I will refer them to the videos on YouTube in slaughterhouses which shows them where their Safeway/Save On/Sobeys meat comes from..

walks with deer
11-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Looks pretty normal to me....have driven with a worst load....my wife still doesn't know how the truck handled it hooves and racks every wit no rope lol..

finngun
11-02-2016, 05:40 PM
we need more hunters like that....Immunotherapy is name of the day..
many moons ago..young hunter got small bear,,his car was tiny chevy print,,well he didnt wanna put bear in trunk,,because bear was still leaking blood..okay ..he put pooh bear top of his car..each leg was roped through window..brillant idea,,:tongue:
he was coming down from mountain..CO see his car and stop it... checked all licenced..no problem..CO says ..ya cann not take ya car to the city [port alberni of coarse] like that..hunter say..i dont have a truck..well CO offer to give his bear a lift..in his truck..happy ending for red neck story..:wink: