PDA

View Full Version : 3-32 birch and hog back mountain

Brew
10-29-2016, 03:15 PM
Just wondering if anyone has hunted the area around birch mountain and hogsback mountain late November 3-32? How is access into this area and does it hold bucks? From Google earth it looks nice. Big burned out southern facing slopes. I think it is accessed through Leon creek. I have some island buddy's coming over later November and would like to try a new area. Hoping to find my friend his first 4 Pointer. All three of us really enjoy hiking and we might spike camp out for a night even if there is some snow on the ground. Any advice or help would be appreciated. I have always wanted to hunt an old burn during the rut and have not gotten the chance to do so yet. Hopeing to change that.
thanks

Barry

swampthing
10-29-2016, 06:39 PM
I have never hunted there but am very familiar with other areas of 3-32. I think you have a good choice. I have been through that area scouting. There is probably plenty of does there now, so the bucks will roll in, if not there already. Spiking out shouldn't be required. A lot of those deer live near people year around. 3-32 is a cool unit.

Brew
10-29-2016, 07:15 PM
Thanks swampthing. I like it up that way. Cool country. Only hunted the zone once when I was a newbie. Now I drive through for work and the area looks like it has some great potential. Hopeing to find my buddy a decent buck. I'm looking for something with some size.