PDA

View Full Version : Lost eguipment from boat flipping ?

Kanook Senior
10-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Anyone ever had a boating mishap while hunting and losing gear and firearms ?
Insurance coverage to cover loss of items that could not be recovered?

Any info or help appreciated

Robbie:wink::wink:

deadlyshot19
10-29-2016, 10:54 AM
Are you looking for insurance in case this happens? Or has it already happened? In which case I might need a story first. ;-)

Kanook Senior
10-29-2016, 11:13 AM
Yes, just happened, boat swamped and flipped losing a rifle small genny ,camera ,sawsall and various other small items.
Very lucky, could of been a lot more serious.

Bear Brawler
10-29-2016, 11:14 AM
That sucks but glad you're out of the water and safe.

Iron Glove
10-29-2016, 12:03 PM
Yes, you should be covered under your residential insurance policy.
Most policies are "All Risks" subject to certain exclusions but I've never seen a "loss overboard" exclusion.
Will be subject to your policy deductible and any limits that might apply for different classes of items, possibly such as sporting goods and such.
Report it ASAP to your Insurance Broker and if you feel you are being dicked around, PM me.
I've got over 45 years of experience in the Insurance Industry to go back on.

srupp
10-29-2016, 01:06 PM
Stepped on mag lite sending camera overboard ..salt water..BCAAwere exec lent fast complete coverage..except deductible. .bad about the photos of monster coastal grizzled. .follow Iron Gloves advice..He is A THE expert regarding this.
Cheers
Steven

tomahawk
10-29-2016, 01:25 PM
our boat filled with waves on the Queen Charlottes and we were forced to vacate the boat and swim to shore while pulling the 14 ft filled with hunting and camp gear to the shore at boulder point. it was day 1 of 11 days we were going to be in a remote location excessible only by boat. luckily our partners were able to come and help us in there boat, lots of rust seized camera's and lost crab traps and wood stove etc etc. Insurance covered it. everything in a vinyl case survived as it floated to a beach near the point and we picked it up.

Arctic Lake
10-29-2016, 02:02 PM
Stepped on mag lite sending camera overboard ..salt water..BCAS were exec lent fast complete coverage..except deductible. .suckjob about the photos of monster coastal grizzled. .follow Iron Gloves advice..He is A THE expert regarding this.
Cheers
Steven

Hmmm.. What's BCAS ?
Arctic Lake

srupp
10-29-2016, 03:27 PM
Sorry buddy, my computer automatically spell corrects based on vocabulary I have used..i meant to print bc automobile association, ..it came up as British Columbia ambulance service...Hmmm have no reason why..lol other than they were my employer for 38 years.
Sorry.
Steven

howa1500
10-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Well that sucks, glad everyone is ok.

Arctic Lake
10-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Sorry buddy, my computer automatically spell corrects based on vocabulary I have used..i meant to print bc automobile association, ..it came up as British Columbia ambulance service...Hmmm have no reason why..lol other than they were my employer for 38 years.
Sorry.
Steven

No Worries ! Thanks for clearing that up !
Arctic Lake

Arctic Lake
10-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Yes, just happened, boat swamped and flipped losing a rifle small genny ,camera ,sawsall and various other small items.
Very lucky, could of been a lot more serious.

Good to hear your alright ! Lost a whole ton of gear once when a boat flipped.
Hope the insurance covers you !
Arctic Lake