PDA

View Full Version : Wife's first hunt. 3-30 Mule doe

Aaron600
10-28-2016, 05:18 PM
I'm heading up to White moose resort (Loon Lake) early November for my wife's first hunt. She won a doe draw for 3-30. I've never hunted that area and was thinking of hunting the cuts around Hihum Lake. Are deer still there early November or do they migrate out by then?

russm
10-28-2016, 06:10 PM
Shouldn't be too hard to rustle one up, im heading to 330 for mine on monday night, if you can get up during the week there's not nearly as many people around.

Getbent
10-29-2016, 02:07 PM
That is a gimme anywhere above loon lake.
Last light does are as thick as thieves in the cuts.

Good luck, Kathe and Bernd can point you in the right direction.

ElliotMoose
10-29-2016, 05:13 PM
Most of the deer are actually migrating INTO that country that time of year.. Pick an fsr and you shouldn't have a problem filling her tag. You've got the right idea

plumberjustin
10-29-2016, 05:31 PM
If not seeing anything around loon lake, head back down the highway towards cache creek, take a left on Scottie creek and you'll drop a doe for sure.

Aaron600
10-30-2016, 08:50 AM
Thanks for all the tips guys!

Just
10-30-2016, 09:05 AM
I went up to loon lake yesterday and have never seen so many mule does in my life. From the turn off to the beginning of the lake had to go really slow as to not hit one. We drove past the end of the lake and around past hihium to these giant cuts. Really slick, and 0 game. Ended up going down Deadman and over to upper criss Creek. Got off the roads and hiked, found 4 does out there, and no bucks�� and forestry had started all there burn piles so it was smokey to say the least

Bistchen
10-30-2016, 09:14 AM
By November most deer have left the Hihium area. ( 5000 feet elevation) I was there in October and snow was already present as well as the wolves. Stick to the other end of Loon Lake and you'll have a doe in no time. Pipeline is always a good bet.