PDA

View Full Version : Gun boot on Dual sport motorbike

BIGHUNTERFISH
10-25-2016, 08:14 PM
Hi ,
Do you guys know the law regarding transporting a firearm on a Dual sport motorbike on pavement .For example if you are hunting in Clinton and want to pop into town and the gun is unloaded in the scabbard or gun boot and the bike is licensed for on road driving is it legal.Thx and if anyone has any experience with the Yamaha TW 200 I would be interested in their reviews.Thanks

finngun
10-25-2016, 08:43 PM
yep totally legal...but dont leave gun in you bike at tim hortons....there is always drive through for mocca:tongue:

albravo2
10-25-2016, 08:45 PM
I had a gun rack mounted to the brushguards on my KTM dual sport, never had any problems with RCMP or CO. The only issue I can see is if you need to go in somewhere and are forced to choose between leaving it on the bike or carrying it with you.

VLD43
10-26-2016, 07:52 AM
Is the gun boot lockable? If not, it might be advisable to make it lockable. I know that if you have a trigger lock on when in town, if you are leaving the bike parked somewhere, your legal, but it might make your life easier, if someone can see it's secure.

Barracuda
10-26-2016, 08:32 AM
from personal experience gunboots are way to big and cumbersome for a dual sport I would try to figure out an alternative .

finngun
10-26-2016, 10:05 AM
Õ
Is the gun boot lockable? If not, it might be advisable to make it lockable. I know that if you have a trigger lock on when in town, if you are leaving the bike parked somewhere, your legal, but it might make your life easier, if someone can see it's secure.
in any case if it is not lockable,,,trigger lock or not,,you cant leave gun in the bike alone..cheers f.g

Stone Sheep Steve
10-26-2016, 12:20 PM
I Put my rifle in my eberlestock scabbord. Pay at the pump only. Lol!

finngun
10-26-2016, 01:55 PM
Can ya imagine hunter walking to inside gas station in quiet evening gun in his shouder..girl at the till might push panic button pretty quiq...wahhh

okas
10-27-2016, 10:07 AM
i just run a cable lock on it :roll: all good and just the gun boot bottom