PDA

View Full Version : Cougar Hunt for resident CDN

millsy
10-25-2016, 08:22 AM
What are the rules for CDN resident cougar hunt in BC?? Do I need a outfitter?? Anyone recommend a reasonable priced one??!!

Looking this dec 26-jan 8th

Thx

BgBlkDg
10-25-2016, 08:31 AM
GO-yes, absolutely

I would call Chilcotin Hillbilly who is here, a good guy, knows his stuff and will do what you need, honestly and well.

srupp
10-25-2016, 10:50 AM
I second Skinner Creek Outfitters..as BBC as so correctly pointed out Doug is extremely knowledgeable. .experienced..honest and capable..he has exec lent dogs that have tons of experience per dog. I believe the world record comes from Doug hunting area .usually have great snow conditions..great chance at a large Tom cougar and wonderful time made to feel at home while your there.

That's how and who I can 100 % recomend for an exceptional cougar hunt .
Cheers
Steven

J_06
10-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but being its a general open season and your a Cdn resident, couldn't you get away with a resident host fib you know someone for a lot cheaper, not taking the likelihood of success into consideration? Is their something special about Cougars and non-residents?

Linksman313
10-25-2016, 12:06 PM
What province are you from?, assuming CDN stands for Canadian, buy a tag during the GO season no outfitter needed if B.C. resident, out of province a different story, please specify and I will be happy to recommend a reliable local houndsman and outfit.

srupp
10-25-2016, 08:27 PM
Hmmm cougars ARNT aliens. .however it takes years of experience..great dogs not merely good dogs..to be successful...and not just out for hikes while armed..chances without dogs..abysmal....if from outside BC..guide is only way to go..we have several guys with dogs on this site. .only familiar with one..
It's a once in a lifetime hunt..if done correctly..
Cheers
Steven

albravo2
10-25-2016, 08:50 PM
I third the recommendation of Chilcotin Hillbilly. He has always struck me as a stand-up guy.

Good luck!

chilcotin hillbilly
10-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Sorry guys I would love to take him but I booked the next two Christmas's. But thanks for the vote of confidence.