PDA

View Full Version : 100 mile house

BStrachan
10-23-2016, 01:17 PM
I have a cabin at ruth lake and plan on heading up bow hunting next fall. Going to bring up a ground blind or a tree stand in the summer and hopefully find a good location. How has the hunting been around 100 mile house the past couple years specifically around Ruth lake?
Hope your hunting season is going well!

WWBC
10-23-2016, 08:38 PM
My family has a spot on Ruth lake also. Lots of deer around but you'll probably have to spend some time finding them. I'm in the same boat, haven't figured out the area out yet.

BStrachan
10-23-2016, 10:42 PM
Where abouts on Ruth lake are you? My grandfather built our cabin back in the 60s our cabin is at the far end of the lake in a bay. Brown cabin that has a trailer on the property as well. I am planning a hunting trip for next fall. Was hoping to go this year but didn't have any holiday time left.

BStrachan
10-23-2016, 10:44 PM
My dad knows the area really well and is going to join me a couple work friends next fall and is going to show us some good hunting spots.

WWBC
10-24-2016, 06:53 AM
We're on the SW part of the lake. My travel trailer is parked there much of the summer.
Lots of area to explore near there. I've done more looking around up the 500 road than around the lake this fall.
That said it's quite up the 500 now at higher elevations so maybe I should explore around the lake?

takla1
10-24-2016, 07:42 AM
My daughter and son-in-law spent a week hunting juring bow season around the cabin at Deka lake.He had opportunities at 3 different bucks{2 pointers} but held off waiting for something bigger.Went back after rifle season started and never seen a buck.

takla