PDA

View Full Version : I want to thank people who have helped me with advice this year

mrtires24
10-23-2016, 08:30 AM
As some of you may know, this was/is my first year hunting.

so far it has been a good season, and I want to thank everyone for your advice and support.

I have been doing as much trips as tim would allow.

(if you look at my signature you will see my little success I have had)

I did contribute to the calf that we got while hunting in Mackenzie this year. I was the one that spotted it. and a senior could shoot it. I also gutted a bull with the supervision of others. Nothing really to it...Just a big fish to me lol. skinning was pretty good as well.

I am pretty busy the last couple weekends of October because my mom is getting married. But I plan to get a deer in november.

If anyone has any advice for me to help me get my first deer, besides the simple "Drive out of the lower mainland" suggestions, that would be great.

I will probably be able to do a couple day or evening hunts in October, but I am planning on doing another weekend trip early Nov.

My day trips have mainly consisted up chihalis behind saskwatch pub. I have not seen any deer, but I have seen sings of them.
I am thinking of going up chilliwack the next couple days because I have not been there before.

I went to Sovana in september and hunters the previous week pulled out 4 deer ( at the camp we were at) We didn't see anything.
If I am able to get away early november, I will probably try Savona again...Unless someone has any suggestions. PM me if you have to ;)

I saw a post on here from a hunter offering to take a newbie out and wish I could have gone. but timing wasn't right. Hope someone new jumped on it!

Anyways... I have enjoyed learning and researching information that people have suggested to me, and want to thank everyone again. Any other info about local lower mainland hunts and trips out of lower mainland is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

ajr5406
10-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Did you get an LEH antlerless mule deer tag? Might be your best bet?

mrtires24
10-23-2016, 11:01 AM
Did you get an LEH antlerless mule deer tag? Might be your best bet?

no I did not. but I will look into it for next year.

warnniklz
10-24-2016, 12:44 PM
Just a big fish is a good example

BStrachan
10-24-2016, 05:25 PM
I find everyone on this site very helpful when answering questions by us newbie hunters. Good luck on the rest of your season!

Glenny
10-24-2016, 05:27 PM
I'd like to thank the people on HBC too. Over the years I have learned much from you folks. :)

4 point
10-25-2016, 01:20 PM
Learned lots on here and I am older and think I know a lot, maybe!

sabourin
10-25-2016, 01:25 PM
I received a tip for my hunting trip last weekend and bagged my first muley. Forever grateful for HBC!

caddisguy
10-25-2016, 02:19 PM
Good on you for getting out there, putting in the effort, showing some success and giving a little credit where credit as do.

I'll piggy back off that and say that virtually all of my hunting knowledge stemmed from HBC as well, whether directly or indirectly, so big thanks all around.