PDA

View Full Version : One more day

mike_b
10-22-2016, 12:48 PM
My 6 year old son and i have been in Cache creek for the last 2 days. It is the place i go to most often. This is my son's first hunting trip...and for the most part, is having fun.

We have one more day of hunting left....we haven't seen a single buck and neither have the groups we've come across and talked to. I dont want to waste our last day and so am thinking of headed somewhere else for the remainer of today and tomorrow.

I am thinking of headed to either kamloops, lilloett area, or loon lake. I know a little bit of the area in kamloops, and even less in loon lake (all i kmow is there seems to be a lot of private property).

Anyone have suggestions?

markt308
10-22-2016, 12:51 PM
Are you seeing deer at all? If so I suggest keep hunting hard where you are, but if it's dead and you wanna get into some animals I understand. But all in all you're in a great area to find a buck

tomahawk
10-22-2016, 01:00 PM
Check your PM's

lakelander
10-22-2016, 01:09 PM
My 6 year old son and i have been in Cache creek for the last 2 days. It is the place i go to most often. This is my son's first hunting trip...and for the most part, is having fun.

We have one more day of hunting left....we haven't seen a single buck and neither have the groups we've come across and talked to. I dont want to waste our last day and so am thinking of headed somewhere else for the remainer of today and tomorrow.

I am thinking of headed to either kamloops, lilloett area, or loon lake. I know a little bit of the area in kamloops, and even less in loon lake (all i kmow is there seems to be a lot of private property).

Anyone have suggestions?

I had the same experience this year at Mile High. Saw 19 does and no bucks. Maybe the weather is too mild. I suggest you try Savona or Walachin since its not too far from you. Had good results there past few years. Good luck.

russm
10-22-2016, 04:37 PM
Just got in from loon lake, saw quite a few private property bucks and a 5x4 yesterday that buggered off before we could get a gun out, missed a decent sized one on the back side of the lake 2 days ago, theres a lot of people that showed up up there last night and this morning, you more than likely won't find anything in the roads.

mike_b
10-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Markt308 - We did see a few does. Talking to other groups that we ran into, none of them saw a buck, and my son and I saw more deer then they did. The does that we did see, we watched them for quite some time hoping that a buck would show itself, but no such luck.

Tomahawk - thank you for the PM.....greatly appreciated.

We did end up checking out a new-to-me area toward Kamloops. We didnt see anything there, but the landscape was awesome and given more time, probably would have run into soms kind of wildlife.

Thanks for the comments, suggestions, and PMs

finngun
10-23-2016, 02:41 PM
Around savana...tunqwa lake area lots of farmers field,,no go...but deer are feeding on fields at night..they run back hills ,,forest for days,,,just wait on the hills early morning or late evening..deers are moving..might get lucky...just make sure ....no private trespassing..some farmers are not too friendly for hunters.some are ok..just ask