PDA

View Full Version : Another horse shooting in Alberta

44inchStone
10-22-2016, 12:34 AM
My life has always been in the mountains and have always had great respect for horses. Sometimes they need a kick in the arse but there are times when they really get you out of a bind.
They can save you literally miles of walking which alot of it could be in the pitch darkness. Finding their way back to camp and back to the grub is unbelievable.

Back to the horse shooting. This just happens to be on my nieces ranch in Beaver Lodge, AB.
It really pisses me off to hear that she was at the kitchen window today with her 10 year old daughter, only to see her daughter's show horse drop to the ground struggling for it's life.
The horse was on the edge of her pasture , 75 yards from the house and road.
When my niece ran out to the horse, it was struggling for life but only lasted a minute because the arseholes fired one round right into it's heart. I saw the picture from her, and by the size of the shot hole, it was certainly from a large caliber rifle. It left quite a hole on the entrance. There is no way they mistook the horse for an elk or moose. The mare was a show horse for her daughter and was a light brown in color.
It seems that this has been happening more and more often. Not just in BC but quite a few provinces. Not sure how they're gonna catch these guys and too bad my niece didn't see the truck or get some sort of a description of a truck or something.
this one just seems to hit home more because it is one of my relatives.
Doesn't matter who this happens to. This bullshit has to stop. Hope they do find out who did this and throw the book at them.
OR
Let the ranchers at them.:mad::mad::mad:

Spy
10-22-2016, 07:24 AM
That's disgusting WTF is wrong with people. I can't imagine the pain your niece is going through, hope they catch the MFers :-( I don't see how this could be a mistake.

hawk-i
10-22-2016, 07:32 AM
Pretty sad when that sort of thing happens, hope they caught those that are responsible.

Big Lew
10-22-2016, 08:04 AM
As was discussed in an earlier thread, there are some unbelievably cruel and sadistic sickos
out there that will shoot anything, including out of season or domestic livestock just to see
them suffer and/or die.

campking
10-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Disgusting I feel terrible for them especially the daughter.
Even if they catch the mother ------ they will get a slap on the wrist and heaven forbid may not be able to own horses for 1 year.
I agree let the ranchers decide and carry out the sentence!!

barry1974w
10-22-2016, 08:55 AM
Pretty sure they hang rustlers....... Seems about right....

diehlm
10-22-2016, 10:08 AM
Those people are criminals who carelessly discharge a firearm with the intent to harm or kill. They might hide behind the cover of being hunters who made a "mistake" but in fact they couldn't be further away from anything all of us should represent. To say it has to stop is like saying rape and murder should stop. Of course it should. And to let the Ranchers at them would indeed be where they would likely receive what they deserve. But hey, it's Canada. They probably get told that it's not ok to that if they should ever be caught. It's sad....then again, lucky that it wasn't your nice, being "mistaken" for a wolf.

boxhitch
10-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Rotten effers! , sorry for the youngin'

As was discussed in an earlier thread, there are some unbelievably cruel and sadistic sickos
out there that will shoot anything, including out of season or domestic livestock just to see
them suffer and/or die.and others just want to see the effect of a firearm and have no other consideration. Many buy guns as toys and play where they want.
Have found does and fawns shot out of season, along a road that leads to a gravel pit shooting range, usually littered with 12 ga., 9mm and 7.62x39 empties and dead tv,cds,clays,gas bottles etc.

Bugle M In
10-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Really sorry to hear that.....That's just awful.

Surrey Boy
10-22-2016, 01:04 PM
Don't shoot a moose with a bridle.

ncurrie
10-23-2016, 07:51 PM
Omg I am so sorry to hear about your nieces horse. I am totally heart broken for them. I would shoot the ******* that shot my horse

stinkyduck
10-24-2016, 07:21 PM
So hard to imagine how ignorant people can be!! I feel terribly for your niece! Those people do deserve a little lead in their head.

squamishhunter
10-24-2016, 07:35 PM
Reminds me of the dog in hudsons hope that was shot in its own yard, middle of the afternoon.

Drugs is my bet.

HarryToolips
10-24-2016, 07:59 PM
Wow thats just f**ked up.....