PDA

View Full Version : Which Meindl boot?

ajr5406
10-14-2016, 11:33 AM
Im undecided between the Meindl Perfekt and the Meindl Denali (both from Cabelas) for a good all around hunting boot. Lets assume the both fit really well, have you guys got any recommendations or feedback on these boots?

bcsteve
10-14-2016, 11:48 AM
I've had the Perfekt for about 5 years now and love them. The most comfortable hunting boots I've ever owned. I treat them yearly with Obenauf's LP and alway have dry feet. I highly recommend them.

ajr5406
10-14-2016, 11:49 AM
I've had the Perfekt for about 5 years now and love them. The most comfortable hunting boots I've ever owned. I treat them yearly with Obenauf's LP and alway have dry feet. I highly recommend them.

Good to know, thanks BC Steve. When your dropping $400 I want to make sure they are great boots

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
10-14-2016, 12:11 PM
None . at least not the newer ones.. Go with Hanwags .

TARCHER
10-14-2016, 12:14 PM
After years of trying all variety of waterproofing I too find Obenauf's LP to be the best I've tried.

boxhitch
10-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Very similar boots, Perfekt is better for colder temps..
For an all-round I would pick a flexible boot.

Phila
10-14-2016, 12:49 PM
I have a pair of the Cabelas Meindl Ultralight hunting boots. High top, uninsulated. Good ankle support, they have been warm enough to sit on a stand for a couple of hours in the snow. For colder temps and longer stands I would use PAC boots though. All in all a good comfortable and serviceable boot for fall hunting in generally dry conditions.

twoSevenO
10-14-2016, 01:01 PM
I have had the Perfekt for 8 years. They have fallen apart now, but served me very well. Some pointers on the perfekt:

- They squeak a bit. not recommended if you do bow hunting and need to stalk close
- They are flexible. Not recommended for high country hunts where you're on rocks a lot or carrying a heavy pack.

Other than that they have been perfect.

And the Denalis have been discontinued. Maybe some sizes available online but the Cabela's store in Abbotsford was all out of them. They had one model left in the bargain cave and i think it was a size 9.5 or something small like that. Good luck.

AgSilver
10-14-2016, 01:49 PM
Good to know, thanks BC Steve. When your dropping $400 I want to make sure they are great boots

Keep an eye on sales...they recently had a sale of all Cabelas branded products for 20% off. When I got my Perfekts, they were reduced to $320 (returned them as I already had Scarpas that were too similar).

ajr5406
10-14-2016, 01:55 PM
Keep an eye on sales...they recently had a sale of all Cabelas branded products for 20% off. When I got my Perfekts, they were reduced to $320 (returned them as I already had Scarpas that were too similar).

Good to know - thanks!

David Heitsman
10-14-2016, 02:00 PM
I have a pair of 200 gram Thinsulate Meindl Alaskans and a three year old pair of Denali's. The Denali's were a bit stiff for Africa but have covered all of my hunting needs for 20 years now. They get heated in the oven and waxed every fall and have suited my needs well.

Hunt'n Guide
10-14-2016, 03:23 PM
I have had meindls from cabelas in the past but wouldn't buy another pair. The cabelas badged boots are inferior to the actual meindl brand boots. I would advise that if you are inclined to buy meindls get Canada pros. End of story.

Seth
10-14-2016, 05:00 PM
I have had meindls from cabelas in the past but wouldn't buy another pair. The cabelas badged boots are inferior to the actual meindl brand boots. I would advise that if you are inclined to buy meindls get Canada pros. End of story.

I couldn't agree more. If Cabelas version is gonna cost $400 I'd chip in the extra $100 and grab the real deal.

rocksteady
10-14-2016, 05:32 PM
Meindl Canada Pros... beat the shit out of them 250 days a year hunting and fighting forest fires. Think I am on year 10

Hunt'n Guide
10-14-2016, 05:33 PM
I had some concerns when I picked up a new pair to work into my boot rotation this season but the new pair seem to be better quality than my last pair which were worlds away better than the cabelas badged ones they replaced a few seasons ago.
Good boots are a fairly big investment so it is normal to worry about whether they will meet expectations.

SR80
10-15-2016, 07:36 AM

heard this a lot..id save for the real meindls

Backcountry Hunter
10-15-2016, 08:01 AM

I will second this. I have 2 pairs of Canada Pros. One 20 year old pair and another 10. Just had to re place the sole last season on the 10 yr old pair. Not the greatest come temps of -20 but who wants to sit still in those temps anyways. Save the pennies for the real thing

ajr5406
10-15-2016, 09:51 AM
Good advice, thanks all

ajr5406
10-15-2016, 03:56 PM
Ended up splurging on a pair of Meindl Alaskan Hunters 200gr thinsulate. They fit like a glove and will more then adequate I think.