PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly help for MU 6-08

chilcotin hillbilly
10-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Hi guys,
A friend has a tag for g-bear in 6-08 and is finding it hard to get on one. Any suggestions?

There should be a pile of access in that MU but he is finding it tough to find a bear. Any tips would be great and I will pass them along.

Thanks in advance
CH

two-feet
10-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Tough unit, up by the babine/nilkitkwa would be my best guess but there are areas closed to hunting up there too.

A guy from town here got chewed by one about 10 days ago out north of chapman lake, he got a few shots into it and the CO went out with the houndsman and they found the dead bear, apparently big (800lbs) and with not much left for teeth

Caribou_lou
10-12-2016, 07:12 PM
There is a lady in Houston right now with a Grizzly harassing cattle. I believe her name is Maxine Bell. Look her up and give her a call! She lives in hungry hill area. That is the only one I know of. Other than that I haven't heard of much except the morin bear. Some snow out towards babine/granisle area. Worth a drive to look for tracks.

Caribou_lou
10-12-2016, 07:16 PM
We could be getting snow this next week in Smithers. So if he does get ahold of her it could be easy to track down if it's still around.

chilcotin hillbilly
10-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Thanks guys this will help a bunch

Whonnock Boy
10-12-2016, 07:27 PM
I don't know if the Morrison FSR on the other side of the Babine is in 6-8 but, the gate on that road was installed to curtail traffic partially for grizzly bears. If it is, you can get the key from the local forestry office. All you have to do is show them your leh. Might be in your best interest to call the local CO. If everything lines up, pm me for the contact info for the key.

two-feet
10-13-2016, 06:13 AM
I don't know if the Morrison FSR on the other side of the Babine is in 6-8 but, the gate on that road was installed to curtail traffic partially for grizzly bears. If it is, you can get the key from the local forestry office. All you have to do is show them your leh. Might be in your best interest to call the local CO. If everything lines up, pm me for the contact info for the key.

I am quite sure 6-8 does not extend that far north

NorBC
10-13-2016, 06:17 AM
Pm decker very nicely, I think he knows that area well and helped me out lots in the past there.

Wild one
10-13-2016, 12:31 PM
Snowing here right now wich is no help

stick to the salmon rivers for the most part. If I remember correct there is a closed area with that draw if that is correct I was told to hunt that river where it was open

at work in the bush will check maps when I get home