PDA

View Full Version : srupp 2016 adventure

srupp
10-09-2016, 03:15 PM
Hmm just home late last nite from fly in hunt.then came the Devestating news of David Marshes death ..being a Paramedic so close in the area at the same time..
Angry..irritated..sad...

I will post the fly in hunt..photos..results..next week..this week I just want to remember my friend Dave..his Brother Rob..David's wife Corey..and their precious daughter..

Profound sadness

Srupp

BCHoyt
10-09-2016, 03:49 PM
Welcome home Steve... Yes it was very sad news about Dave... Way too young!

Look forward to seeing pics and reading the story!

markt308
10-09-2016, 04:00 PM
welcome back. The HBC community has done an amazing job of remembering Dave through this week. Very rough news indeed

srupp
10-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Hmmm the adventure continues. ...doing the butchering..knee that was replaced..gave out..cold tired..as i went down I tried to deposit my boning knife on the table...ended up stabbing the knife to the bone....of my left hand thumb !...when the bleeding wouldn't slow down or stop..so off to the emergency dept meeting former workmates..Dr's. Nurses..nurses lined up to throw the tetanus needle at me..lol
Freezing coming out..ouch..oh well burger day tomorrow..

Cheers
Steven

smallfry14
10-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Hmmm the adventure continues. ...doing the butchering..knee that was replaced..gave out..cold tired..as i went down I tried to deposit my boning knife on the table...ended up stabbing the knife to the bone....of my left hand thumb !...when the bleeding wouldn't slow down or stop..so off to the emergency dept meeting former workmates..Dr's. Nurses..nurses lined up to throw the tetanus needle at me..lol
Freezing coming out..ouch..oh well burger day tomorrow..

Cheers
Steven

Jesus Steven, take er easy eh! I suppose it could always be worse though, at least you've got some wild game to butcher if that makes it hurt a little less:shock:
Cheers!

kennyj
10-11-2016, 07:30 PM
That sucks. Get well.
kenny

Springer
10-14-2016, 06:43 PM
Boy this retirement position sure has you busy eh .....Post the Pics up Buddy.

tigrr
10-14-2016, 07:00 PM
Keep the other thumb out of the grinder eh. Maybe let Susan do the grinding.

srupp
10-14-2016, 07:45 PM
Ewe guys so funny.....me laugh really hard..

Photos and story being made up as we speak..

Cheers
Steven

300H&H
10-14-2016, 08:11 PM
How does SRUPP keep a turkey in suspense ?

He says...."Photos and story being made up as we speak.."

As Im sure you have heard on HBC....no proof without pictures. So please show us....this turkey can hardly wait.

srupp
10-14-2016, 08:18 PM
I never claimed I shot the biggest bull moose of my career. ..OOPS. .LOL and the most interesting rack to boot..
Compulsary inspection at start of week..for ...several moose..

I can say my moose was 35 inch..no no..that's not right..it was 42 inches...wait..it was more like 50 inches..thinking again I know it was bigger than that..
Cheers
Steven

two-feet
10-15-2016, 07:05 AM
Eagerly awaiting the story of a personal best from a master hunter!

srupp
10-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Hmm don't claim to be a master hunter..just experienced over 40 years feeding my family i was born into and now my own however 16 hunters who asked for advice harvested moose this fall so far...helping others is something i truly enjoy..success is not in the harvest but in the experience
Steven

allan
10-15-2016, 11:37 AM
Srupp you've talked to me last year, giving me advice on moose hunting and late season tactics. I combined that advice With what I've learned and arrowed a beautiful bull this fall.
I will post pics and a story later when I get a chance.
Thanks!

MB_Boy
10-15-2016, 11:47 AM
How does SRUPP keep a turkey in suspense ?

He says...."Photos and story being made up as we speak.."

As Im sure you have heard on HBC....no proof without pictures. So please show us....this turkey can hardly wait.

It appears to take longer for Steven to get his story done than it does to cook a Turkey in an oven during a power outage. :-P

srupp
10-15-2016, 01:43 PM
hmm I suppose if I claimed this moose has been shot before..like through the right paddle someone is going to want photos of that too..ok ok..photos it is..

cheers
molasses

Rob Chipman
10-15-2016, 01:51 PM
We don't want pics because we don't believe you. We want pics so we can drool.

allan
10-15-2016, 02:05 PM
hmm I suppose if I claimed this moose has been shot before..like through the right paddle someone is going to want photos of that too..ok ok..photos it is..

cheers
molasses
Ha Ha Ha, I have photos of someone elses moose shot in the right paddle as well from this year!! Care to divulge where you took the picture? I took mine on Fri Oct 7, the hunters told me they had harvested it 5 days earlier. Does this ring a bell?

srupp
10-15-2016, 02:58 PM
Nope.lol..mine was harvested Oct 1..no other groups of hunters..
Cheers
Steven

landphil
10-15-2016, 07:56 PM
This thead needs "pitchers"!! And a story.

Hope the hand is starting to heal up OK Steven, that and your butchering buys you a bit of time in my opinion. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

hntcrazy
10-15-2016, 07:57 PM
No pics it never happened??????????

REMINGTON JIM
10-15-2016, 08:31 PM
Steven Where the F*@K are the Pics :confused: don't make me come over there and Kick your Fat AZZE ! :evil: lol RJ

srupp
10-15-2016, 08:58 PM
TE=REMINGTON JIM;1829846]Steven Where the F*@K are the Pics :confused: don't make me come over there and Kick your Fat AZZE ! :evil: lol RJ[/QUOTE]
Hmmm and that was supposed to encourage..? What ?
Lets chalk it up to 16 days of fantasy and fabrication...no pictures..didnt happen...fair enough..

REMINGTON JIM
10-15-2016, 09:07 PM
TE=REMINGTON JIM;1829846]Steven Where the F*@K are the Pics :confused: don't make me come over there and Kick your Fat AZZE ! :evil: lol RJ
Hmmm and that was supposed to encourage..? What ?
Lets chalk it up to 16 days of fantasy and fabrication...no pictures..didnt happen...fair enough..[/QUOTE]

Oh Steven ! We are just teasing ya ! :grin: We all really want to see your trip up north - - Thks :) RJ

hntcrazy
10-15-2016, 10:50 PM
Still no pics = never happened ............................................:razz:

Rotorwash
10-15-2016, 10:55 PM
That's probably 17 hunters. I got success with your advice too! I just haven't sat down and uploaded pictures yet.

bud-aboom
10-17-2016, 01:19 AM
At work day dreaming waiting for this story Steve!

bc_buckshot
10-17-2016, 06:59 AM
I call bs on the trip Steve. I bet you went for pedicures with Susan instead of hunting. No pics didn't happen lol. Can't wait!

Backwoods
10-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Suspenseful!

Brambles
10-17-2016, 11:02 AM
Drama queen....

digger dogger
10-17-2016, 11:06 AM
Drama queen....

Hmmmmmm,^^^^ This here^^^^

srupp
10-17-2016, 02:00 PM
so it begins...

on September 22 my good friend Terence arrived from Vancouver loaded down with almost 1000 pounds of gear, all which had to be brought out of the truck, added to Tim's and my gear, and ready for the morning. on September 23 we had loaded up 2000 pounds of gear, and was towing a small trailer we headed North on our adventure.
this was an important trip for me, as my hip and knee surgery and the lack of any meaningful healing meant my involvement would be limited to calling Moose from a pretty stationary point. it was also to celebrate the life... of Mr. Russell Cummings the guide outfitter, my friend from Jennings River outfitters.. situated at Swan Lake.. who died unexpectedly three years ago. this was my first chance to get out into Russes guide area and toast to his life. I had made arrangements over the last year for a flight, from Atlin... into the teslin River drainage... as we headed North we had three grizzly tags, three Moose tags, a wolverine tag, and caribou tag.

srupp
10-17-2016, 02:09 PM
... I was a bit worried as I take pride in suggesting locations as strategies for hunting Moose and grizzlies and sheep... I was nervous that I would strikeout... in spite of of the confidence I knew.. how to call Moose.... but also realize anything could happen.. and man did it ever...lol... as we traveled north to Atlin... a trip of 24 hours of solid driving... I thought back to the gear that I needed... or at least thought I needed.. I had my winter mountain hardware tent, a great sleeping bag rated to-17 Celsius... a pair of hiking poles and my cane. Terrence is a man after my own heart he brought a propane powered shower system, professional radios, a water purification system... that would play far more important role than anyone would realize . Tim brought the 9 foot ACHILLES. hypalon inflatable boat . and a great friend from Kamloops loaned us a 2 hp Honda outboard. Susan had generously cooked her five-star chili plus chicken tetrazzini... Terrence had made a pork dish, and Tim had contributed a couple of his specialties also. so food would never be an issue.. I was bringing five months of reserve on my body.. hey RJ?LOL... I DON'T THINK WE REALIZED just how arduous trip 24 hours of driving could be.... but we were to find out. thankfully Tim had suggested I switch over to studded winter tires... and that again was to play a big part in our safety.

moosinaround
10-17-2016, 02:14 PM
Finally, man I've been waiting for this Mr Srupp!! Write on!

srupp
10-17-2016, 02:19 PM
as this was only Terences seconds trip for Moose... he dropped 1100 pound bull last October 1 on the first 90 min. opening-day... he wanted a little bit more listening to the Bulls grunt and actual Moose hunting experience. so on the way up this gave us lots of opportunity to discuss fly in trips.. the differences between road hunts and isolated fly in Lake hunts...
there's really not much to discuss about driving other than watching the for the other idiots on the road, and prepared for the unexpected... between breakfasts in Prince George and coffees and pee breaks the miles slowly dragged on... we found ourselves in Fort Nelson.. and we got hotel rooms... and prepared seriously sleep.
as it was late and we were on the third and fourth floors it would be impossible to take 2000 pounds gear to our rooms. as much as I have castigated others for leaving gear in their trucks.. we took optics rifles and a small day pack each to our rooms... the rest stayed locked inside the canopy and truck. yes you're right this is not what I have said time and time again on this site... we pulled the truck in front of the doors under the lights and lock everything up and went to sleep. fortunately in the morning all was well. I put this in to acknowledge that sometimes things just have to be done... however realizing that anything would've been missing our hunt would've been over. not a good feeling.

srupp
10-17-2016, 02:36 PM
we had decided this year to do something new, our meals for supper were placed in 4 millimeter thick chamber sealer bags this would result in placing the bags in boiling water for 20 min. this saved on cooking, utensils, time... with way fewer dishes.. and less dishes to wash... Easier on my sensitive hands..
we started seeing animals once leaving fort Nelson.. we saw 2 stones sheep.. on the side of the road one was way past full curl , we saw a bull Moose.. 30 inch spread.. we saw caribou... and we started seeing bison... by the time the trip was over going up and back... we were well past 400 bison... a couplet only 12 inches away from the truck... and as big as a one-ton diesel.. we experience the thrills of buying diesel at URS place I believe $1.64 litre... oh the joys of free enterprise..!

srupp
10-17-2016, 02:42 PM
then came Watson Lake and a reasonable $1.09 per liter of diesel.. a coffee and we started heading through the Yukon... as part of this trip was a celebration of Russes life we stopped at Swan Lake and to our surprise the Jennings River outfitters had recently been bought by a friend of ours from Portland Oregon... Doug was there with a bunch of helpers and they were cleaning up the homebase outfitters Camp. we met a few for old friends had some laughs and it struck home that Russ was not coming back...
off to Teslin Lake.. for a great meal and then to the crossing and one hour south to Atlin Lake. we found our rooms at the Atlin Lodge... check in at Atlin air with our pilots wife Susan and were told to be ready for three o'clock the next day.
and to have all our gear ready to go on the dock.... it was about to begin... two days 24 hours of driving numerous tanks of diesel and we still had not been airborne...

srupp
10-17-2016, 02:58 PM
relatively soon all the gear was laid out on the dock, with another 500 pounds gear we had to leave behind... at $1000 trip too expensive for second flight in. then we saw the red and white deHavilland beaver land and start to unload... and we met our pilot Chris Moser... one of the two best floatplane pilots I've had the privilege of flying with. it was then we got our first surprise... the lake we had planned on hunting already was full of hunters ! and we had not got a call to ask us if we wanted to change lakes. all the hours of GPS, map work and locations of Russes camp's was for not. as we flew East we discussed options we could either land at this Lake that had been hunted hard or fly in relatively close Lake that had not been hunted it all... but we were going in blind literally. as we climbed over the mountains we saw gold claims, huge mining diggings... a dozen thin horn sheep... and magnificent scenery.. eventually we got to the lake.. Chris had suggested we try and it had a surprise... it had a Cabin ! with the wood stove that the owners had publicly stated could be used by anyone... this was even written on the door..! as it was only 5 km original Lake and had not been hunted since 2013 we were home. A extremely soft and professional landing... the unloading of the gear, the inspection of the cabin.. and the obligatory mousetrap to get rid of the current occupants..lol by dark we had a fire going, the boat was inflated... the cabin was washed and disinfected.. beds were laid out and supper was on.
the morning would be the start of Moose hunting 2016....

monasheemountainman
10-17-2016, 03:02 PM
good write up so far!

moosinaround
10-17-2016, 03:15 PM
Come on Mr Srupp, more please!!!

Brew
10-17-2016, 03:28 PM
This is getting good Steven.

srupp
10-17-2016, 03:30 PM
This is getting Steven.

huh..seriously??

Brew
10-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Sorry forgot to type good. On my iPhone and typing is tuff

Rob Chipman
10-17-2016, 05:10 PM
I can't really believe how much I'm chuckling as I read this! I've been waiting so long I feel like a little kid :-)

Brambles
10-17-2016, 07:25 PM
I can't really believe how much I'm chuckling as I read this! I've been waiting so long I feel like a little kid :-)

Be prepared to wait a lot longer....

Ourea
10-17-2016, 07:50 PM
Be prepared to wait a lot longer....

I wont be one of them.

OutWest
10-17-2016, 09:08 PM
Drama queen....

Not the first time!

srupp
10-17-2016, 10:15 PM
Sheeeee wonder why guys refuse to post stories or photos..I was gone for 16 days..things piled up at home that required my attention
I'm married holds responsibilities. .
I get 6..7 phone calls each day requesting some sort of assistance..17 sucessful moose hunters this fall
I get 6...7 e..mails day
My truck was damaged on the return trip..insurance..and replacement parts
All equipment, oiled sharpened dried, cleaned..etc
Butchered 2 large moose myself..
Visit to emergency..my fault..
127 pounds of burger made..thank you Susan
Have compulsary moose inspection
Have daily physio..
Getting the home and such ready for winter..
I am no busier than you guys..but no less..doing this on 1 leg so far..tired and in chronic pain..
It was an exciting hunt..but I can't just drop my life to fulfill someone else's schedule or time line. .I am doing stuff as I see fit..most important on the time line. .
I am truly grieving the loss of not 1 but two good guys we lost.
Will continue as always..to do my best.....
Steven

RiverOtter
10-17-2016, 11:12 PM
Sheeeee wonder why guys refuse to post stories or photos..I was gone for 16 days..things piled up at home that required my attention
I get 6..7 phone calls each day requesting some sort of assistance..17 sucessful moose hunters this fall
I get 6...7 e..mails day
Have daily physio..
I am no busier than you guys..but no less..doing this on 1 leg so far..tired and in chronic pain..
It was an exciting hunt..but I can't just drop my life to fulfill someone else's schedule or time line. .I am doing stuff as I see fit..most important on the time line. .
Steven
If you're life is that hectic, you could of just held off posting your story until you got a handle on thing's.

Less drama that way though, which may well be the crux.....

Skull Hunter
10-17-2016, 11:39 PM
I get 6...7 e..mails day
Have daily physio..
Steven

Take care of yourself and your responsibilities Steven. I think most of the impatience here is a bit of tongue and cheek. We're all grateful for the information and advice you share on here and your willingness to help. Take your time, tell your story and don't let the peanut gallery get to you!

Bighorn hunter
10-18-2016, 07:00 AM
Don't worry about it Steven. It's just like reading one of daves stories:)

moosinaround
10-18-2016, 07:11 AM
Totally being cheeky on my part ,Steven. I would never want to interrupt your life, please post as you see fit, we are truly interested in your adventure. Moosin

hntcrazy
10-18-2016, 07:43 AM
Ok great story - STORY so far .......no pics never happened???????? :tongue:

Stone Sheep Steve
10-18-2016, 08:16 AM
Don't worry about it Steven. It's just like reading one of daves stories:)

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I think Big Boar even coined the phrase 'rupperized method of story telling' . Lol

Keep typing like you hike Steven.....slow and steady like a glacier.

SSS

Getbent
10-18-2016, 09:30 AM
^^^agreed...love great threads like this...your everyday life is far more important than an internet chat site...and like a MR. Marsh used to tell them, a good story takes time.

Cheers,

Guy

srupp
10-18-2016, 12:25 PM
Thats exactly what I was thinking. I think Big Boar even coined the phrase 'rupperized method of story telling' . Lol

Keep typing like you hike Steven.....slow and steady like a glacier.

SSS

Lol..my exact words. .like a glacier..slow and steady..1 finger typing isn't only slow..it gets painful.
Hmmm some of Dave's stories were not slow..they still haven't been told..several hunts with David are still just memories unchronicled. .after physio..after C I. .I will get the story updated to at least get one moose in the cross hairs. ....
Steven

Leaseman
10-18-2016, 12:28 PM
Well, happy to READ you made it back......:redface:

Springer
10-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Ya ya , I sent this years Exclusive Kill shots from our field recordings of a Moose and Whitetail to Mr Rupp and haven't even heard back whether he received them or liked them..... Cause he's so busy..
Ouch..lol

plumbcrazy
10-18-2016, 06:22 PM
This is starting to sound like my last girlfriend..... Promises the world but never delivered!

Busterpayton54
10-18-2016, 06:23 PM
Well it looks like I'll be peekin in on this for updates like a crackhead peeking through the blinds.... Great writing, it's as if I'm watching a movie in my mind.

srupp
10-18-2016, 06:32 PM
hmmmmm
slowly the opening morning... began with bacon and eggs, and it decided that Terrance and Tim... T and T.. dynamite.. would get in the boat and slowly head to the other end of the lake, and around the corner from where we could see. I took a couple coffee.. and a Cabelas chair.. and headed to the beach to start calling. it was approximately 3 1/2 km or more to the other end of the lake... and I started calling every 15 min. by my watch. and as I have shared with many others.. as loud as I damn well could. this continued till late afternoon when Terrance and Tim showed up back at Camp. we did see anything on the opening day. however in the evening I went out to give a call... and shortly thereafter the very loud response of the bull Moose was heard just behind the outhouse... that in itself was funny. the first four... five nights.. were crystal clear and the aurora borealis was magnificent.. and Terrance his first time to see this magnificent display...
day two and a three were the same as day one lots of calling.. Tim and Terrance actually found little trappers cabin at the far end of the lake.. but no Moose. Tim and Terrance went out that afternoon.. and caught a 7 pound pike.. I was given the job of filling the large fish... yeah yeah I know me with the knife..lol... Tim cooked it up and it was absolutely delicious.. far better for some reason than any pike I'd ever had before. although the bones... Y bones... WERE VERY DIFFICULT TO EXTRACT FROM THE MEAT..
on October 1 we heard several bulls over the past few days but no takers
on October 1 I heard the distinct hunting North East of the cabin.. may be 2 km from where I was calling... at the same instant calf Moose stepped out onto the beach.. followed by her mother... a short distance away.. a small three point bull could be seen also on the shore.... then another bull showed up and he was in the 40 inch range.... and still yet there was another bull calling from the hillside.... I tried calling as hard as I could and as loud as I could but no response they would look in my direction but no action was taken
until..
at two o'clock on the dot once had finished my round of calls I got immediate response of WAUGH WAUGH WAUGH.. again from the hills 3 km north east of the cabin and it sounded like he was headed my way.. it truly is amazing how loud and how far a bull can be heard from... it was approximately 20 min. of grunts.. on till the bull came out on the beach... he was at the very end of the lake and I had no way to get to him... so I called and he answered.. every time I called he grunted back sometimes walking sometimes running sometimes standing still... on two occasions he had to get into the water and walk up to his chest in the lake.... like this story it seemed to take forever for him to make his way down the lake... but after two hours he arrived on a point 818 yards from the camp... in order to get closer he would have to swim.... and I would have to encourage him... so I called louder... and more pleading.. higher toned.. at which he jumped into the lake and started swimming for the camp... the only thing sticking out of the water was his immense rack.. and head everything else was submerged under water... by this time I had grabbed my rifle... a ako 338..shooting TSX 225 handle loads. it took 15 min. for him to arrive on the shore... but instead of turning my way he headed out site.... now I've really put on the cow call... I could hear his voice disappearing Farther away from me.... suddenly it stopped and started coming back you could instantly tell he was common in the right direction.
just as he broke through the trees onto the shore there was a hell of a commotion and a second bull... a much bigger bull came out of the darkness of the forest and stuck the first bull in the shoulder with his horns... all the time I'm frantically calling not giving a care which Moose presents for a shot... it had been three hours of constant calling and encouraging this moose to get to me... only to be attacked on the shore by another Moose as I was getting ready to shoot. the bull continued to roll his head from side to side and loud grunting and I ranged him at 250 yards.. held behind the shoulder and squeezed off a shot.. the loud SMACK.. was plainly heard and the bull reacted by turning straight towards me and running headlong into the lake !
two feet into the lake... he swiveled and slowly sat down went straight over on his back feet in the air nose below the water.. rack clearly seen.
for the second time that day I had a Moose with no way to get to him.! so I sat down and continue to call... now one would expect just after rifle shot that everything would get quite.. contrary one bull showed up on the shore North West by a kilometer and a half... and the second bull showed up south of me and he was massive... well over 60 inches and I continued to play tag with him hoping Tim and Terrance come around the corner. and they did and with that the bull left.
Tim and Terrance heard the shot and wondered if I got something down they went over to the Moose but by this time it was getting dark... the water was cold and the Moose would be there till the morning...

5jackz
10-18-2016, 07:49 PM
hmmmmm
slowly the opening morning... began with bacon and eggs, and it decided that Terrance and Tim... T and T.. dynamite.. would get in the boat and slowly head to the other end of the lake, and around the corner from where we could see. I took a couple coffee.. and a Cabelas chair.. and headed to the beach to start calling. it was approximately 3 1/2 km or more to the other end of the lake... and I started calling every 15 min. by my watch. and as I have shared with many others.. as loud as I damn well could. this continued till late afternoon when Terrance and Tim showed up back at Camp. we did see anything on the opening day. however in the evening I went out to give a call... and shortly thereafter the very loud response of the bull Moose was heard just behind the outhouse... that in itself was funny. the first four... five nights.. were crystal clear and the aurora borealis was magnificent.. and Terrance his first time to see this magnificent display...
day two and a three were the same as day one lots of calling.. Tim and Terrance actually found little trappers cabin at the far end of the lake.. but no Moose. Tim and Terrance went out that afternoon.. and caught a 7 pound pike.. I was given the job of filling the large fish... yeah yeah I know me with the knife..lol... Tim cooked it up and it was absolutely delicious.. far better for some reason than any pike I'd ever had before. although the bones... Y bones... WERE VERY DIFFICULT TO EXTRACT FROM THE MEAT..
on October 1 we heard several bulls over the past few days but no takers
on October 1 I heard the distinct hunting North East of the cabin.. may be 2 km from where I was calling... at the same instant calf Moose stepped out onto the beach.. followed by her mother... a short distance away.. a small three point bull could be seen also on the shore.... then another bull showed up and he was in the 40 inch range.... and still yet there was another bull calling from the hillside.... I tried calling as hard as I could and as loud as I could but no response they would look in my direction but no action was taken
until..
at two o'clock on the dot once had finished my round of calls I got immediate response of WAUGH WAUGH WAUGH.. again from the hills 3 km north east of the cabin and it sounded like he was headed my way.. it truly is amazing how loud and how far a bull can be heard from... it was approximately 20 min. of grunts.. on till the bull came out on the beach... he was at the very end of the lake and I had no way to get to him... so I called and he answered.. every time I called he grunted back sometimes walking sometimes running sometimes standing still... on two occasions he had to get into the water and walk up to his chest in the lake.... like this story it seemed to take forever for him to make his way down the lake... but after two hours he arrived on a point 818 yards from the camp... in order to get closer he would have to swim.... and I would have to encourage him... so I called louder... and more pleading.. higher toned.. at which he jumped into the lake and started swimming for the camp... the only thing sticking out of the water was his immense rack.. and head everything else was submerged under water... by this time I had grabbed my rifle... a ako 338..shooting TSX 225 handle loads. it took 15 min. for him to arrive on the shore... but instead of turning my way he headed out site.... now I've really put on the cow call... I could hear his voice disappearing Farther away from me.... suddenly it stopped and started coming back you could instantly tell he was common in the right direction.
just as he broke through the trees onto the shore there was a hell of a commotion and a second bull... a much bigger bull came out of the darkness of the forest and stuck the first bull in the shoulder with his horns... all the time I'm frantically calling not giving a care which Moose presents for a shot... it had been three hours of constant calling and encouraging this moose to get to me... only to be attacked on the shore by another Moose as I was getting ready to shoot. the bull continued to roll his head from side to side and loud grunting and I ranged him at 250 yards.. held behind the shoulder and squeezed off a shot.. the loud SMACK.. was plainly heard and the bull reacted by turning straight towards me and running headlong into the lake !
two feet into the lake... he swiveled and slowly sat down went straight over on his back feet in the air nose below the water.. rack clearly seen.
for the second time that day I had a Moose with no way to get to him.! so I sat down and continue to call... now one would expect just after rifle shot that everything would get quite.. contrary one bull showed up on the shore North West by a kilometer and a half... and the second bull showed up south of me and he was massive... well over 60 inches and I continued to play tag with him hoping Tim and Terrance come around the corner. and they did and with that the bull left.
Tim and Terrance heard the shot and wondered if I got something down they went over to the Moose but by this time it was getting dark... the water was cold and the Moose would be there till the morning...

Awesome .
Excellent so far.

Rob Chipman
10-18-2016, 08:48 PM
Holy crap....".. a much bigger bull came out of the darkness of the forest and stuck the first bull in the shoulder with his horns..."

Gotta love that!

Darksith
10-18-2016, 10:23 PM
Great story so far srupp...keep it coming at your leisure

Question for you..
Did the cabin have a bunch of stories written in felt pen of the kills tenants had made?

srupp
10-19-2016, 12:44 AM
Great story so far srupp...keep it coming at your leisure

Question for you..
Did the cabin have a bunch of stories written in felt pen of the kills tenants had made?

Yes..both of moose, wolves and mice..familiar.
Cheers
Steven

leadpillproductions
10-19-2016, 03:56 PM
Good thread sounds like a blast so far

Glenny
10-19-2016, 10:13 PM
Aaah screw this

Quesnel Kid
10-19-2016, 10:21 PM
Nice. Great story thanks for sharing.

whitespringer
10-19-2016, 10:35 PM
Srupp,
you have demonstrated yourself to be a kind and generous soul. Thanks for sharing when you can.
Whitespringer

srupp
10-19-2016, 10:58 PM
Hmm was going well till my computer ate 3 pages..Garry is back from USA today and will again fix my computer so I can finish the story add the photos...sorry Glenn if your upset ? Try typing with one finger only to have the compute eat the ending 3x

Steven

REMINGTON JIM
10-20-2016, 12:12 AM
EXCELLENT ! :biggrin: RJ

srupp
10-20-2016, 11:46 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/IMG_2444.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/IMG_2444.jpg.html)

srupp
10-20-2016, 11:48 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/IMG_2452.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/IMG_2452.jpg.html)

srupp
10-20-2016, 11:57 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/IMG_2626.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/IMG_2626.jpg.html)

srupp
10-20-2016, 11:58 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P1010001_1.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/P1010001_1.jpg.html)

srupp
10-20-2016, 11:59 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/P1010002_1.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/P1010002_1.jpg.html)

srupp
10-20-2016, 12:01 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/IMG_2487.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/IMG_2487.jpg.html)

srupp
10-20-2016, 12:10 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/moose%202016%20steven.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/moose%202016%20steven.jpg.html)

srupp
10-20-2016, 12:11 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/home%20sweet%20home.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/home%20sweet%20home.jpg.html)

scoutlt1
10-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Great pics!! :)

srupp
10-20-2016, 12:12 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/2016%20cow%20moose.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/2016%20cow%20moose.jpg.html)

mark
10-20-2016, 12:13 PM
Nice moose steve!

srupp
10-20-2016, 12:14 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/cabin.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/cabin.jpg.html)

adriaticum
10-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Very cool, thanks for sharing!

srupp
10-20-2016, 12:17 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/only%20meadow.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/only%20meadow.jpg.html)

srupp
10-20-2016, 12:21 PM
still have a couple better photos of moose head out of water..lol..plus want to highlite the bullet hole.the moose is old..heavy..sort of like me..with 57 inch spread..the photo outside the front of the cabin has both Tims and my moose..trying to find the wolves photo..
steven

srupp
10-20-2016, 12:28 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/moose%202016%20stevens.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/moose%202016%20stevens.jpg.html)

whitlers
10-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Cool little cabin! Nice bull and good story.

Ps I love the stock on your rifle!

srupp
10-20-2016, 01:08 PM
Hmm not my rifle unfortunately. .it's another member of our trio..amazing rifle..
Steven

Ferenc
10-20-2016, 01:13 PM
Friggin nice moose Mr Rupp !!!!!!

Blainer
10-20-2016, 01:28 PM
Great share.
Will it make BC record book?

Glenny
10-20-2016, 01:44 PM
Aaah great pics. Now were talken. :)

Backwoods
10-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Right on!!! Beauty bull!! Congrats, sounds and looks like one heck of an adventure!

srupp
10-20-2016, 03:33 PM
Hmmm note the bullet hole on the bulls right paddle..the dark mark..complete pass through, while the left paddle is split 3 inches from fighting .i will try and get one of Tims photos to show the width of this guy..great points and thick heavy mass.still 3 inches shy of 60..hence was not caped out he is NOT big enough for the wall.
Note the blue pot to the left of the cabin door. .that's our peanut butter mouse trap...6 Booners caught. The axe to the right was for self defence in case the mice didn't drown..and to get steaks off the mice..lol
Steven

Gateholio
10-20-2016, 04:32 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/moose%202016%20steven.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/moose%202016%20steven.jpg.html)

That looks like some real work ahead! :)

srupp
10-20-2016, 05:08 PM
That looks like some real work ahead! :)

Hmmm you guessed it buddy..3 hours of calling..watching him get to within 250 yards of the meatpole.
But that 250 yards was priceless..lol
Cheers Gate
Steven

Arctic Lake
10-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Great job on the moose Srupp ! What an adventure and Thanks for sharing ! Nice looking cabin !
Arctic Lake

srupp
10-20-2016, 05:45 PM
Tims bull was much nicer looking..and the wolves were a bonus..hopefully a couple photos of those
Srupp

Husky7mm
10-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Great story so far. Were you guys in northern BC or the Yukon?

srupp
10-20-2016, 06:46 PM
We drove to Atlin BC, then flew in by beaver airplane on floats to the area of Teslin Lake. So yes it was in BC...i personally seen 4 bulls over 55 inches, one which was over 60 inches..sadly that was 2 hours after my 57 inch bull.

Cheers
Steven

kennyj
10-20-2016, 06:49 PM
Great story, and photos Steven. Thanks for sharing your adventure.
kenny

.264winmag
10-20-2016, 07:29 PM
Trip of a lifetime, congrats! Thanks for the great story and pics. Pretty jealous.
Cheers

two-feet
10-20-2016, 07:43 PM
Beauty of a trip, beauty of a moose. The moose are quite simply bigger up north.

srupp
10-20-2016, 07:57 PM
Hmm lol wait till you see Tims moose..part two..plus the wolves in daylight!
I already harvested a similar bull a mere 5 km away several years ago..the door listed 3 bulls over 60 inches.
Steven

bearvalley
10-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Great story Steven.
Don't you just love it when a bull drops in a puddle!

tigrr
10-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Figured I'd wait a few days before coming back to this thread. Thanks Steven. Great adventure

HarryToolips
10-20-2016, 09:48 PM
Nice bull moose Steven!

180grainer
10-20-2016, 10:11 PM
Sounds like a pretty awesome trip.

houndogger
10-21-2016, 09:59 AM
Great hunt so far Steven.

srupp
10-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Computer tech is here at 11 this am..get it fixed..finish the story the second moose..the wolves etc..on my moose shows what consistent calling can and will do during the rut..from km away to almost under the damn meat pole..to our campanyway. .considering he had already been shot in the antler once...Hmmmmmmm
Steven

Xenomorph
10-21-2016, 11:09 AM
Awesome drag along, keep it going.

srupp
10-21-2016, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to check if the computer is fixed, apparently it is thank you Gary
cheers
Steve

dmuth
10-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Unfortunately the photos seem to have disappeared. Perhaps the computer issues that you were having.

srupp
10-21-2016, 12:41 PM
Unfortunately the photos seem to have disappeared. Perhaps the computer issues that you were having.

Lol part for the course...thanks
Srupp

Seeker
10-21-2016, 12:49 PM
Fantastic story! Love it!

tinhorse
10-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Looks like an awesome area with lots of moose! Very cool

srupp
10-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Oh yes there was a outhouse..with a roof and a view...and a toilet seat designed for outhouses..it instantly got warm when seated.

So NOW even I'm jealous...and i was there..lol finish story tonight or tomorrow. ..very sick today
Thanks guys for your patience...it's not been easy at all lately...
Steven

IronNoggin
10-21-2016, 06:21 PM
Steven - Great tale & pix Buddy! http://bigshotsbc.ca/images/smilies/Pozitive.gif
You obviously had a whole lot more FUN on your fly-in than we did - just a little jealous over here... :-P
Looking right forward to the next installment!

...very sick today ...it's not been easy at all lately...

I HEAR that my Friend! Told the SawBones on his latest diagnosis that I thought my particular age was just a little young to be falling apart!
He replied, You ain't Falling Apart yet. You're just revisiting previous injuries. :shock:
Damn! Guess I ain't looking forward at all to the real falling apart stage then... :icon_frow

Hope you're feeling much better soon!

Cheers,
Nog

tomahawk
10-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Great read Steven, looking forward to the second half.

andrewscag
10-21-2016, 06:50 PM
What an incredible trip. Can't wait to read the rest of it. And congrats on your swimmer!

Springer
10-21-2016, 08:22 PM
Well done Bro !! Looking forward to the rest of the story..Did that Cabin have a tarp only overhead ? looks like lots of daylight there in the one corner.

srupp
10-21-2016, 08:46 PM
Well done Bro !! Looking forward to the rest of the story..Did that Cabin have a tarp only overhead ? looks like lots of daylight there in the one corner.

Yes Brother it had a very old tarp..when we left we left a new one over the old, plus a better pot set, plus 20 pound propane tank 1/2 full..a chainsaw and 5 gal. Gas wood for 5 years within 40 yards.
Cheer Phil
Steven

hntcrazy
10-22-2016, 10:17 AM
pics.....it really happened.
Congrats on the bull.
Great story ....keep it coming.
Thank you in advance

REDGREEN
10-22-2016, 06:06 PM
Great chat this morning, Steve. Nice pics too. Keep the BBQ warm. BTW, I'm jealous. I can't run around in the hills any more. I may be an old goat, but the legs aren't no good for the climbing any more. Still waiting for chapter two!

landphil
10-22-2016, 07:46 PM
I'm enjoying the story so far, looks like a good time up there. Take care of yourself Steven, looking forward to more when you can. All these impatient guys must be road hunters - sheesh.

rattling_junkie
10-23-2016, 04:41 AM
Great story! I think for the most part the "impatient" guys are just having some fun, and not really that serious. I didn't interpret any malice in their words.

srupp
10-23-2016, 02:09 PM
so the next day was spent taking care of the bull Moose, it was hung.. cleaned and some citric acid was to the exterior.. the head was eventually.. placed outside of cabin door. it was a camp day.. lots of coffee and calling.
later in the afternoon the two T,s went for a boat ride and they got a shot at a bull moose at 30 yards.. AT 30 YARDS.. and missed..lmao... Tim is one of the best shots I've ever encountered and that must painfully hurt his pride...
October 3 was extremely exciting T and T went down to the old trappers cabin... AND I STAYED AND CALLED... somewhere after lunch I had a strange feeling I was being watched... of course your first thought is a grizzly bear.. so I had my rifle a few feet way from me... and continued to call.. all the while that strange nagging feeling I was being watched. I slowly turned my head and peered through the brush and there was a white... Wolf sitting on its ass.. a mere 230 yards away... looking at me... I looked at him he looked at me I looked at the rifle he looked at the rifle and I went for it.. grabbing the rifle working the bolt swinging the barrel in the direction of the Wolf.. nothing... long long long gone..lol..
later that afternoon Tim and Terence arrived back.. as they were coming down the Lake... I noted the boat was low in the water... however sitting high on the front of the boat was a extremely large pair of moose antlers..BIG.. as the boys pulled into shore.. Tim told me how he let out a call and Moose come crashing through to within 17 yards which this time Tim hit..moose #2 down.. and all the moose meat and antlers were transported in one trip along with both hunters.. all in an 8'9" Achilles hypalon boat..

BCHunterTV
10-23-2016, 02:13 PM
mmmmmm bingo!

Drama queen....

srupp
10-23-2016, 02:17 PM
the night of October 3 the Wolfs moved in ..in force.. there was howling in every direction... behind us... in front of us and to the east.. a couple of times I'm sure the wolves within 200 yards of the cabin.. The next day Terrance decided to stay in camp with Steven... and around 3:00 PM Tim returned... and within moments Tim spotted another White Wolf this time slightly smaller, and somehow Terrence ended up with the shot... I turned it down thinking that could never get in position in time as the wolf trotted down the beach.. Terrance t took one shot with his 375 each in each bid will the wolf was retrieved and I started on explaining to Terrence on how to skin a wolf,once done I split the lips,turned the ears turned the eyes membranes...and split the nose..the wolf was salted and in the morning the second round of salt was applied the hide rolled and placed in a large coffee burlap sack...the head in another game bag.

srupp
10-23-2016, 02:35 PM
it was obvious with the amount of wolves everywhere that the Moose were gone... we ended shooting 2 more wolves... but the amount of Moose sign had dried up we saw a couple more cows and calves and a 60 inch bull on the move.. but the snow level was rapidly dropping as was the temp.. so use the sat phone and called for pickup.. 2 loads..
we split kindling, swept and cleaned the camp left as much gear as we could for them..the owners.. put everything back as we found it, and close up the cabin.. leaving it in better shape than we found it. the pilot arrived and mentioned that we were the last, or one of the last crew still in the mountains.. soon we were back in Atlin... Our flight bills were paid.. the truck and trailer were loaded and we headed North to the Yukon... East to Watson Lake... and south into British Columbia..... however very soon we started to run into a storm.. slick icy snow in the past five days had turned the highly into a skating rink.. there were vehicles in the ditch and the speed was reduced at times to 50 km/h... we stopped at Muncho Lake... everything was fine.. we started heading south and elk were everywhere.. – and past the front of the truck in the darkness again caused us to slow down.. arising in Fort Nelson we went in to get a hotel room came out to get our gear and the back canopy window was smashed in..!!!! glass was everywhere... fortunately for us Terence speaks perfect Philipeano..? and the night clerk was also from the Philipeans.. so she allowed us to park the truck in front of the entrance under the lights and the video camera 20 feet from her... thanks T.! we did take and put the borrowd outboard motor.. inside the truck locked up.
in the morning all was well except for the group of hunters gathered around our trailer...snapping photos of the 2 moose racks..

the rest of the trip back to Williams Lake was uneventful.. I think..lol and we arrived back at home at 10 PM and have our neighbor pulling his curtains tightly closed as he recently moved in and explained that he was not a Hunter... and would appreciate no offensive display of our successes...

YA SURE....YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have a few more pictures and that will end our adventure from 2016.

cheers

Steven

kennyj
10-23-2016, 03:14 PM
What an awesome trip! It sounds like everything went just about perfect.
Thanks again for sharing your adventure.
kenny

srupp
10-23-2016, 04:56 PM
Tim did drop his disc with photos off..will download and upload tomorrow...yes even wolf photo..

cheers
Steven

Springer
10-23-2016, 05:52 PM
Whats your neighbor gonna think when you put those Moose antlers on the front of the garage !! ha ha
Awesome Adventure Steve. Think I better reserve a couple spots for next year with you....and I would prefer the Bull brought within 40 yds so I can take em with my Bow.
That's crazy how the Achilles held such a load..

srupp
10-23-2016, 06:21 PM
hmmm next year its Alberta moose..whitetail..mulies..following year..your on for another fly in for moose...Mehl lake..named after famous german explorer Herr Detlef Mehl...
good idea on moose horns on the front garage..or I could pull a Clint and drop em off at your place for the property..
cheers
Steven

Leaseman
10-24-2016, 06:14 AM
So......

Nothing out of the ordinary, as usual, for a Stevie hunting trip!! :lol: 8-)

Welcome back!

srupp
10-24-2016, 02:43 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/DSC00563_1.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/DSC00563_1.jpg.html)

our 2 bulls

srupp
10-24-2016, 02:49 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/DSC00551_1.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/DSC00551_1.jpg.html)

Big Lew
10-24-2016, 02:50 PM
A couple of dandies for sure Steven.
Glad you had a successful trip. Capping it off with those beauties is icing on the cake.
Thanks for bringing us along through your keyboard and great pictures.

srupp
10-24-2016, 02:52 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/DSC00549_3.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/DSC00549_3.jpg.html)

srupp
10-24-2016, 02:56 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/DSC00557_1.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/DSC00557_1.jpg.html)

srupp
10-24-2016, 02:59 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/DSC00553_2.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/DSC00553_2.jpg.html)

srupp
10-24-2016, 03:01 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/DSC00564_2.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/DSC00564_2.jpg.html)

srupp
10-24-2016, 03:02 PM
Thank you for your patience...this ends the 2016 adventure ...

cheers

Steven

Glenny
10-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Dats a nice pair of moose Srupp. Nice adventure.

Caribou_lou
10-24-2016, 04:06 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/DSC00557_1.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/DSC00557_1.jpg.html)

I would have been pulling the trigger on the gun before the camera!

BStrachan
10-24-2016, 05:21 PM
I know the feeling when you have to go to emerg and the nurses and Dr line up to treat you. I work as a Paramedic as well and for whatever reason I have to go to the ER I always get the special treatment especially if some of the crews are hanging around the ER.

srupp
10-24-2016, 05:38 PM
I know the feeling when you have to go to emerg and the nurses and Dr line up to treat you. I work as a Paramedic as well and for whatever reason I have to go to the ER I always get the special treatment especially if some of the crews are hanging around the ER.

Lol..after 34 years at this hospital...lots of nurses just waiting for chance to ...needle...me..lol..
We have 4..maybe 5 other Paramedics on this site..some ..ie Tim...John...retired as advanced life support flight crews..top of their game..amazing skills, knowledge.
Thanks for serving as well Bro.
Going to buy one of those Kevlar gloves before next year's season.i still have a leh for antler less elk..but no freezer room left...may go or maybe not..
Cheers
Steven

smallfry14
10-24-2016, 05:41 PM
Nice bulls and awesome pictures Steven, looks like an awesome trip. You didn't shoot that wolf?!

two-feet
10-24-2016, 06:56 PM
What was the spread on the big fella? Looks like an old bull. Were they very marked up from fighting? Were you guys in an compulsory inspection zone?

srupp
10-24-2016, 07:01 PM
My bull was 57 inch spread.a very old bull..
Tims was 54 inch spread...and not so old..
Both were marked up by fighting..big time.
Yes we were in compulsary inspection zone.
The CO was completed.

TARCHER
10-24-2016, 07:08 PM
Nice write up Steve, thanks. Nice moose too, bet you are sore....

srupp
10-24-2016, 07:15 PM
Hmmm hi Tim...Hmmm actually not at all... I merely called the bull down the lake..pulled the trigger..doing physio 3x week.
Hope your enjoying retirement..you have earned it.
Cheers
Steven

Blockcaver
10-24-2016, 08:02 PM
Nice moose you and Tim got. Enjoyed the photos and write up! Glad the hunt turned out well for
you guys! Neat wolf photos too. Congratulations!

IronNoggin
10-25-2016, 12:55 PM
Great report and pictures Buddy!!
I just knew these would be worth the wait after chatting with you upon your return!
Great Job Man!!

Congrats all round! http://bigshotsbc.ca/images/smilies/Pozitive.gif http://bigshotsbc.ca/images/smilies/Pozitive.gif

Cheers,
Nog

elknut
10-25-2016, 01:33 PM
I noticed that you use citric acid to keep bacteria from spoiling the meat....Might I ask what kind you use and where do you get it from?..I see that this is a very effective way also to repel flies..Thanks ....Dennis...PS..How much citric acid to how much water?...Oh and last but not least ...Great story and pics and hunt..Take care ...

srupp
10-25-2016, 02:57 PM
I noticed that you use citric acid to keep bacteria from spoiling the meat....Might I ask what kind you use and where do you get it from?..I see that this is a very effective way also to repel flies..Thanks ....Dennis...PS..How much citric acid to how much water?...Oh and last but not least ...Great story and pics and hunt..Take care ...

Hmm bear meat and pig meat spoil from the inside out...all other meat spoils from outside in..that slick feeling on the outside is just before it turns bad.you have a choice vinegar..70..75 % by volume to water. .still pass the pucker taste test .
Or food grade citric acid...mixing directions are on each carton.lol I have enough for 3 years x 2 moose per year..
Our situation was great..on the edge of a long lake..on a point..lots of wind..good..during the night.. minus 7 degrees Celsius. .
So the ph was probably never an issue..however my bull did wind up charging into the lake in a death run..so the citric acid was more to ensure nothing started..
En route home some snow..rain..sleet..did work it's way through the folds in the new tarps and the meat did get wet..never a good thing..on arriving at home the meat was removed from game bags so no meat touched that next to it. .tip..a ladder across the garage has lots of rungs to hold smaller pieces..quarters were hung from ceiling beam.allmeat was repay ed with citric acid..front garage door up 4 inches back door wide open..next morning meat was chilled and set..no problems.
We get our citric acid from health food store here in Williams Lake..vinegar is almost as good..citric powder is light and better on fly in hunts..sheep hunts when weight is an issue. Thank you we should have had 3 moose with 3 wolves..was a memorable hunt for sure..57 inch moose from a cabelas camp chair..with a cane for rifle rest..
Side point...we bought game bags..moose sized..$16 for 4 bags..AMAZING QUALITY.NO FLY COULD EVER LAY EGGS THROUGH.
Steven

BStrachan
10-25-2016, 04:26 PM
Forgot to mention in my last post great looking moose Srupp! I can't wait for the day when I get to drop a moose with my bow.

BStrachan
10-25-2016, 05:06 PM
I just had a chance read your story. What a great trip you had. I have to say my favorite part is the part about your new neighbors. I loved the pictures of the cabin and lake. Makes excited about heading to my cabin hunting! Thanks for sharing

chilcotin hillbilly
10-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Any pictures of dead wolves? Good write up Steve.

srupp
10-25-2016, 05:58 PM
Hmmm hi Doug...yes we have several photos of deceased wolves..lead poisoning..260 grains..I will dig some up from one of the cameras..tonight it's 26 jars of blackberry jam..for on those desert things...lol
Cheers Sir. Terrible experience from Neal...sheeeeesh
Steven

Lionhill
10-25-2016, 07:04 PM

You can also buy citric acid from the u-brew wine making shops. They use it to clean the carboys before you start making wine.

elknut
10-26-2016, 11:48 AM
Thanks Steve...Great informative article your hunt ..Appreciate the info...A person that hunts or fishes should never stop learning ...I'm always learning from information posted by people like yourself ..Thanks again..Dennis

elknut
10-26-2016, 11:49 AM
Thanks Lionhill ...Much appreciated...

Rotorwash
10-26-2016, 11:52 AM
Nice moose !!

deadlyshot19
10-26-2016, 04:10 PM
Great share Steven! Sounds like a blast!

nature girl
10-27-2016, 07:25 PM
Steven glad you got to get out moose hunting. Thanks for the nice write up and pictures.
And Steven does your wife have any interest of ever hunting with you?

Moose63
10-27-2016, 09:38 PM
Those pictures and your write-up stirs up the emotions of a hunt.

Thanks for this post.

AND, Thanks for all your tips. I will employ them all on my next hunt...

(PS. I doubt your neighbour is a vegetarian.)

srupp
10-27-2016, 10:18 PM
Steven glad you got to get out moose hunting. Thanks for the nice write up and pictures.
And Steven does your wife have any interest of ever hunting with you?

No Susan doesn't come on many hunts..couple camping trips while I hunt deer at Lemon lake..come along when I take Ebony our dog on grouse hunt.lmore for the drive..she doesn't like the thought of killing..however enjoys the results.
Cheers
Steven

nature girl
10-28-2016, 08:06 AM
No Susan doesn't come on many hunts..couple camping trips while I hunt deer at Lemon lake..come along when I take Ebony our dog on grouse hunt.lmore for the drive..she doesn't like the thought of killing..however enjoys the results.
Cheers
Steven

To bad Susan doesn't come with you more. Maybe get her a nice pink 22 gun and she how she likes that.
Well some wifes just like to be at home and nothing is wrong with that. Alteast Susan is very supportive of your hunting and that is what counts.

srupp
10-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Hmm Susan does lots with helping bag meat in chamber sealer, helping make burger..it was Susan and i that did our 2 moose, and burger..other hunters had to go back to work.i suspect Susan will help during the Italian sausage making day in next couple weeks..so she does plenty. .I'm lucky.
Steven

Arctic Lake
10-28-2016, 07:19 PM
Steven good to hear you like the Dick stuffer ! They make very good equipment, sharpening steels and knives as well !
Arctic Lake

jaeger
10-29-2016, 10:12 PM
Thank you for your patience...this ends the 2016 adventure ...

cheers

Steven

Great story and Pictures! You are the epitome of a true outdoorsman Steven

Springer
10-30-2016, 06:09 AM
Cheers
Steven

Now Steve , I seem to recall a story about a Moose Hunt you and Susan did many Moons ago that may have been an impact on her Future hunts with You..lol
She is a Great Meat processing assistant though and those are hard to come by.
We all have those hunting pals that seem to be hard to get hold off or help out when it comes the work after the trigger is pulled and the hanging time is complete and it needs to be wrapped or ground and put in the freezer.

srupp
10-30-2016, 01:28 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/srupp/IMG_3623.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/srupp/media/IMG_3623.jpg.html)

Piperdown
10-31-2016, 07:31 AM
Awesome Story Steve and great pictures, as for your new neighbor maybe Rollie can move back into the neighbor hood.

srupp
03-26-2017, 12:51 AM
Terence got his life sized wolf back from the taxidermist..did a awesome job imo..
Don't know if I can get him to post photo..will try..
The moose is delicious..
Cheers
Srupp

john-brennan
03-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Awsome story Steven that is what I call a hunting trip.

Cheers