PDA

View Full Version : 4-34c goat hunting

Hunt247
10-09-2016, 09:37 AM
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has any tips for 4-34c. My buddy and myself were drawn and had full intentions of going together. Due to my shift changing its looking like I'll be hunting solo in November. Just wondering if November is even possible or if there will be to much snow by then. Thanks for any info

Rackmastr
10-09-2016, 10:19 AM
Have killed goats in November in 4-34B, so yes it can be done safely. Just need to concentrate on slopes that get some sun and watch changing weather conditions. I find that fog can be a tough one to deal with that time of year. I've also had some amazingly nice sunny days in early November there.

We're getting a TON of rain in the Cranbrook area, my bet is that the Bugaboo area is getting a good dump of snow right now, but you should have a good trip up there!

Red_Mist
10-09-2016, 01:52 PM
There's snow at 1900 meters already and yes the fog sucks. Actually it's also the low ceiling of the current weather system that limits the visibility. You can plan all you want but it's never in our control in terms of weather.

killer_shot
10-15-2016, 10:46 AM
ive hunted there a few times, most of the drainages hold goats. hike back along the valley floor, find a billy then make a play. As for snow i would seriously wait for it to get deeper, so you can use snow shoes. I went in 4 inches of snow and almost died when i slipped and almost went over a huge drop. Luckily there was a tiny shrub i caught that stopped me. Being by your self is an easy way to make a small mistake huge, even tragic. At least bring someone just to watch you.

Good luck

Hunt247
10-22-2016, 11:12 AM
Thanks for your input guys. Going to try and get out in November