PDA

View Full Version : 5-2 Youth Draw

sakohunter
10-08-2016, 09:46 PM
My son has an antlerless mule deer draw in 5-2 and I was wondering if it would be better to head east or west of the Lac la hache area. I would like to get away from private land, get him into a spot and stalk kind of hunt. I am not familiar with this area, so any basic directions would be great.

Cheers

10-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Head ER up toward Timothy Mnt. Get off the main beat, find some good fresh sign and ....... Keep checking the area or sit. Bang flop.

sarg
10-09-2016, 10:54 AM
My 3 kids have that draw as well, we spent 3 days out there last week and didn't even see a doe :( last year we filled the 3 draws the first day, but we did manage to drop a spiker this trip but that was the only deer seen,

notyalc
10-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Have a place on rail lake in Lac la Hache. Was up there on Sep 28th and just got home today. There are a whole rack of does all around. I stopped counting on my second day.

Sellis75
10-11-2016, 01:28 PM
My 3 kids have that draw as well, we spent 3 days out there last week and didn't even see a doe :( last year we filled the 3 draws the first day, but we did manage to drop a spiker this trip but that was the only deer seen,

Was just up in 5-02B all weekend - Snowed a bit and was getting cold...saw all of 1 doe and it was gone. Not much sign either, not sure what happened, but was surprised at how little was seen.

JasonH
10-11-2016, 03:16 PM
Had that draw when I was a youth 2 years ago, was surprisingly tough and thought it'd be easier. Found some on the last day of the hunt, but should've been easier...

chojas
10-11-2016, 06:21 PM
Was up on Timothy mountain this past long weekend and tried to find a doe for my 12 year old daughter. Did not see a single deer on the mountain and we hunted hard for 2.5 days.