PDA

View Full Version : Fog on inside of objective lens?

Murder
10-08-2016, 08:27 PM
I was hunting in the alpine this morning in sleet that was pretty heavy. It turned to rain after about 3 hours. I had been glassing with binoculars as I still hunted the timber, the fog was rolling in and I jumped a deer out of bed. It ran and stopped so I dropped onto my knee and threw my rifle up. Couldn't hardly see a thing, but it was quite foggy. Used the binos again and could see it was a doe but the binos were much more clear even with the fog. I looked into the objective lens and it was fogged up internally. No fog on the outside and the eye piece was totally clear. Bushnell elite 4200 3-9x

it was still usable but barely. After an hour or so in the truck it finally cleared. I'm guessing that must mean the seal is compromised and the nitrogen has purged......lame. I guess I will be hunting with a foggy scope for the season and (fingers crossed) bushnell honors the warranty. I have no idea where the receipt is.

Mike

landphil
10-08-2016, 08:45 PM
The good news is that you don't need a receipt for Bushnell's lifetime warranty. The bad news is that you do need their warranty service, likely that sucker is going to fog up at the worst possible time again.

Murder
10-08-2016, 08:50 PM
The good news is that you don't need a receipt for Bushnell's lifetime warranty. The bad news is that you do need their warranty service, likely that sucker is going to fog up at the worst possible time again.

That's great to hear. Under normal circumstances I would just tell the mrs I needed a new scope and I'd get one but with a strike looming , now isn't the time to spend extra.

landphil
10-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Understandable. I'll leave this for when you're ready:

http://www.bushnell.com/global/customer-service/canadian-repair-services/

Murder
10-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Understandable. I'll leave this for when you're ready:

http://www.bushnell.com/global/customer-service/canadian-repair-services/

Thank you kind sir!

Sharpish
10-08-2016, 09:55 PM
That's great to hear. Under normal circumstances I would just tell the mrs I needed a new scope and I'd get one but with a strike looming , now isn't the time to spend extra.

Do do you work for Telus as well? Lol

Murder
10-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Do do you work for Telus as well? Lol

Yes...........