PDA

View Full Version : Kifaru guide lide

Rob
10-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Anyone using this on their packs? Adds quite a bit of room. Be good for rain gear/snacks etc..

Rob
10-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Sorry meant Lid......

Useyourfeet
10-08-2016, 12:53 PM
Had one, it does hold quite a bit. Doesn't really fit over the pack when the main bag is full but works ok.

ljalberta
10-09-2016, 08:02 AM
I have one. It certainly adds some significant storage to the pack. I mostly use it as you describe, for things I want quick and easy access to, but I've yet to pack it full with gear or strap some horns under it. It sits atop a Mountain Warrior currently, but I'll be ordering a standard lid along with a larger pack (EMR/Reckoning) soon and play with some options. I'm still fairly new to the Kifaru game, but don't see myself ever fully getting rid of the guide lid.

SR80
10-09-2016, 09:20 AM
I liked the Mystery ranch day pack lid way better. Clips right Into the kifaru buckles. Better organization and fits over the top of a stuff and empty bag. They sell em at rampart too

decker9
10-09-2016, 12:11 PM
I like the guide lid a lot, but yes with a full pack, it looses a bit of room when synched down ontop. If your using it for rain gear and soft stuff, synching down tight isint to big of problem. But if the mystery ranch lid will buckle on, I think to it would be a better option if organization is what your after.