PDA

View Full Version : Whats Best? Cold Weather Hunting Gloves

Uzi
10-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Looking for a review on some gloves and or mittens for the cold weather hunting! a do all sorta thing lots of heat,water proof etc.
thanks
uzi

twoSevenO
10-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Definitely go for mittens. I spent a bunch of money on black diamond guide gloves a few years ago as they were touted as thr warmest out there and my fingers still get cold still hunting in Nov.

Definitely mittens.

swampthing
10-08-2016, 10:07 AM
I just ordered some waterproof kuiu insulated gloves. I have been looking for and have tried some other models with no real success. Will give the kuius a try. A buddy has some and says they are in fact waterproof and wind resistant when on a quad. Actually a bit cheaper than others I have used as well.

Ratso
10-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Consider neoprene gloves...only thing I've found that actually works for me. I picked up a pair of Simms flyfishing gloves and liking them so far.

swampthing
10-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Yukon pros are what I ordered.

warnniklz
10-08-2016, 10:28 AM
rag wool hobo gloves

RiverRunner
10-09-2016, 09:22 PM
Are you looking for a warm nimble glove that you can feed to rounds into a bolt action? Or just warm and dry then be able to remove quickly when it's time to get a shot off?

I mainly wear wristies half gloves... but when it real nasty, a pair of big gore mountain gloves from Arcteryx.
No Velcro closures for fast removing

Stresd
10-11-2016, 08:16 AM
I just ordered some waterproof kuiu insulated gloves. I have been looking for and have tried some other models with no real success. Will give the kuius a try. A buddy has some and says they are in fact waterproof and wind resistant when on a quad. Actually a bit cheaper than others I have used as well.

Excellent Gloves!!
I first bought the Yukons and found them Excellent. Water proof and very durable. Awesome when running the river in a Alaskan jet ranger. But Below freezing they were getting a little cool on the hands so purchased the North Stars with longer cuffs and more insulation. Now covered for the really cold weather as well. Only downside I found was getting water running down sleeves of my Chugach rain jacket into the gloves if not tucking glove cuffs under sleeves of jacket.

RackStar
10-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Any snowboard glove works good

Drillbit
10-11-2016, 10:31 PM
Monkey Grips

Need a few pairs, as they take a long time to dry out. But they're cheap enough, so it isn't a big deal.

wiggy
10-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Some excellent battery gloves and mitts out there now. Warmest things for my older digits

scotty30-06
10-12-2016, 09:01 PM
Yup not gonna lie....not much need for gloves on the coast but..browning insulated ones are great and camo if a bow hunter....i used mine snowmobiling hunting up country and even when I lived in Alberta...and it was cold....tough to warm

M.Dean
10-13-2016, 10:52 AM
I've been using my Samsung I Phone as a hand warmer, just turn it on for even just a minute or two and it's smok'in hot! What will they think of next Eh???

BRvalley
10-13-2016, 11:19 AM
I use a helstra 3 finger ski glove, my favourite glove for cold weather hunting/fishing....I have the nylon shell version, and there is a goretex version also

http://www.backcountry.com/hestra-heli-3-finger-glove