PDA

View Full Version : WHen Is The LEH Draw Being Done?

blaker_99
06-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Just wondering if anyone know the date of the leh draw and when the results will be posted on the net. As I recall lastyear it was somewhere around the 30th of June that the resuts were posted..... not sure though. thanks guys and gals. It's time to start practicing on keeping those eads low and bows! take care

smokey
06-27-2007, 10:51 AM
the wait is killing me too man,can't wait to see what i got

Brambles
06-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Draw is today June 27th and they said they will be posted on the 30th, which makes me ask the question? " who is working for the government on SATURDAY"
Unless they are bringing someone in on overtime (yeah right) to post results on saturday, they will either be out on Friday or Monday. Just crystal ball gazing here......

blaker_99
06-27-2007, 10:56 AM
haha that's right brambles haha Government briging somebody in on a saturday jsut to post results for thousands of avid hunters who are having ahard time sleeping at night due to all the excitement.....haha I seriously doubt it they'll most likely be up on Monday haha

4ptbuck
06-27-2007, 11:29 AM
If not Sat, not a chance for Monday, as that's a stat.

Tuesday anyone?

CHilko21
06-27-2007, 11:33 AM
If not Sat, not a chance for Monday, as that's a stat.

Tuesday anyone?

Yeah I was just gonna say.....Monday of the Canada day long weekend? If there's nobody working for the government on saturday, there's sure as hell not gonna be anybody working on a stat. Oh well, as of tomorrow night I'm more or less living at the stampede grounds, so I won't be near a computer.....I can't wait to see if I got anything though, it's like Christmas in well....somewhere between end of June beginning of July. Good luck to all

Gateholio
06-27-2007, 11:40 AM
The actual Stat day is Sunday...

But I bet gv't offices are closed on MOnday!:mrgreen:

BlacktailStalker
06-27-2007, 11:43 AM
It will be posted BY June.30th. Dont be surprised if it is available tomorrow.

blaker_99
06-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Oh BlacktailStalker you really know the right buttons to push!! Hope you're on the ball with that one as I know you're known to be right most of the time ;)

Stone Sheep Steve
06-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Just in case...does anyone have "her" phone number? She's very helpful despite being harrassed all day long by a bunch of rednecks8).

SSS

blaker_99
06-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Ok so here's the down low.... I called the LEH "hotline" and they said that the draw is being done either tomorrow night (thursday) or else friday morning. He said the results will either be posted on friday night but most likely they will not be posted until tuesday afternoon as there is a holiday and they are not working on monday. well now we all know the down and dirty so lets cross our fingers.

steepNdeep
06-27-2007, 12:44 PM
When you start to twitch, you can plug your hunter number in here:

http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca:8000/pls/wldwhse_pub/leh_hunt_codes

Instant rejection... you can fool yourself when the "NIL" comes up and say it's just last year... :wink:

270WIN
06-27-2007, 12:45 PM
When you start to twitch, you can plug your hunter number in here:

http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca:8000/pls/wldwhse_pub/leh_hunt_codes

Instant rejection... you can fool yourself when the "NIL" comes up and say it's just last year... :wink:

LOL type in the number a few times and i bet i am not the only one

06-27-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm betting they will have them posted by friday night and we will all have something to celebrate over the long weekend......:)

Shed Hunter
06-27-2007, 02:13 PM
fingers ++++

SHAKER
06-27-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm betting they will have them posted by friday night and we will all have something to celebrate over the long weekend......:)
You must be one of them people who actually gets a draw the odd time?? If their posted on friday then I see a geat excuse to pound back a bunch of cold ones and forget about LEH for another year. Probably going to get the big o'l NIL again! Boy I love LEH.:frown:

3kills
06-27-2007, 02:30 PM
same as last year they will be a week late or so...dont blame them at all they have a lot of stuff to do to get ready for the draw....they obviously know that they are behind already if they changed the draw from tonight to tomorrow night...

Gunner
06-27-2007, 02:33 PM
I was told by a CO yesterday that draw results would be posted July 3rd.Good luck everybody! Gunner

hunter1947
06-27-2007, 03:57 PM
My turn for island elk ,it has to come to me this year ,i am running out of years ,i say a little prayer every night before i hit the sack ,and i do ,no bull Sh*t.

quadrakid
06-27-2007, 04:11 PM
don,t forget guys, and girls ,win or lose we still live in a place with open seasons for elk moose goat black bear deer sheep etc if you really want to hunt then there,s plenty of opportunity.

dana
06-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Sorry to burst your bubbles but last year they said they would have them online by the 30th. Nope. A few of us lucky ones were able to get our info over the phone on that Friday, but everyone else had to wait until the afternoon of the tuesday after the long weekend. Then there was the early grizzly results this spring. They must have been having some major computer issues as I got my info in the mail before they were posted online. Seems to me that things would go alot more smoother if we could just apply online.

JohnS
06-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Hmmm?.... I wonder if the draw is running right now, since it is the 27th and after 5pm LOL!!

06-27-2007, 05:35 PM
You must be one of them people who actually gets a draw the odd time?? If their posted on friday then I see a geat excuse to pound back a bunch of cold ones and forget about LEH for another year. Probably going to get the big o'l NIL again! Boy I love LEH.:frown:

Last count my score card read 23 draws outta 76 attempts.......l learnt the magic mojo of black ink years ago!! :):) But even with out an LEH in your pocket, like Quadrakid says....... we live in the best province in Canada for hunting opportunities.

Wildman
06-27-2007, 05:40 PM
My turn for island elk ,it has to come to me this year ,i am running out of years ,i say a little prayer every night before i hit the sack ,and i do ,no bull Sh*t.

Come on mr elky..I want you for dinner! Im gonna win!!!!

CanAm500
06-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Come on guys, lets have some fait that it will be posted up friday. It should take them a max of 24 hours to post the numbers and stuff up.

1/2 slam
06-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Come on Island Elk....25th year trying.:-D

Kechika
06-27-2007, 06:05 PM
Sorry children but I heard there was a huge fire all applications lost.

P.s I killed the Easter Bunny and the Fat Bugger in the red suit

browningboy
06-27-2007, 09:17 PM
You figure that the LEH people are going to have a good long weekend with all those extra 20's stuffed in the envelopes! :mrgreen:
They should upgrade their computer system as if the computers the one that generates the draws, shouldn't it be able to almost instantaneously post the results?? Its probably two different offices or something silly to waste tax payers dollars!:wink:
Well cross your fingers and wish you all the best!

Brambles
06-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Seems to me that things would go alot more smoother if we could just apply online.

I heard from a friend at the government agent that there is a good chance next year at least your hunting licence and tags will be online. Not sure if LEH will be too.

kishman
06-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Good luck in the draw everyone....

kishman,

oldtimer
06-28-2007, 06:36 AM
Gonna need it. I have applied for moose every year since LEH started except for 3 yrs and I have NEVER been drawn. Other guys 6 times OLD GUY , zero. better f)(*in happen this year. Mike

Fisher-Dude
06-28-2007, 08:42 AM
I've had ONE moose draw in my life, and I've been applying every year since 1978. One has to put the odds into perspective...a 20:1 hunt means that you only have a 5% chance of being drawn in any year...and doesn't mean that you will get drawn in 20 years.

In region 8, with the average LEH moose odds, and factoring in the harvest success rate for those who do get drawn, a hunter can expect to shoot a mature bull moose once every 56 years. And people wonder why LEH killed off hunter numbers...:frown:

JohnS
06-28-2007, 10:18 AM
I've had ONE moose draw in my life, and I've been applying every year since 1978. One has to put the odds into perspective...a 20:1 hunt means that you only have a 5% chance of being drawn in any year...and doesn't mean that you will get drawn in 20 years.

In region 8, with the average LEH moose odds, and factoring in the harvest success rate for those who do get drawn, a hunter can expect to shoot a mature bull moose once every 56 years. And people wonder why LEH killed off hunter numbers...:frown:

I have to agree with you Fisher-Dude 100%

boxhitch
06-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Talk about perspective... Reg 8 hasn't always had a moose season. Pop.numbers are up, so opportunity was opened. :confused:

one-shot-wonder
06-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Gonna need it. I have applied for moose every year since LEH started except for 3 yrs and I have NEVER been drawn. Other guys 6 times OLD GUY , zero. better f)(*in happen this year. Mike

Oldtimer,
Just wondering where you have been putting in for all those years? Based on what F/D stated it really does make sense to put in a remote low odds area or go up north where there is a GOS.

Fisher-Dude
06-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Talk about perspective... Reg 8 hasn't always had a moose season. Pop.numbers are up, so opportunity was opened. :confused:

My recollections of moose seasons in region 8 are as follows:

Any bull in the 60s/70s until late 70s when the bull had to have at least a branched antler (ie, can't shoot spikers). Mid-late 80s season was moved out of the rut with an Oct 10 opening. Then LEH and fork/spike happened in the mid 90s. Also, the GOS seasons used to be on the west side of Okanagan Lake only, until the mid 90s when LEH and spike/fork came in for the east side of the lake.

My dates may be off a bit, but chronology aside, I believe that is how seasons progressed (regressed actually).

So, we have moose populations that are up. We have 50% of the hunters that we had when moose were on GOS. But we can only shoot a mature moose once in 56 years on LEH, or find a spike/fork on those rare days when hell freezes over (I've seen about 5 legal bulls in the past 12 years of pounding hard every chance I get in moose season - weekends, weekday evenings, holidays - and have shot one). I see between 8 and 15 mature bulls each season, and about the same number of cows/calves. Something's wrong with this picture.

one-shot-wonder
06-28-2007, 11:30 AM
My recollections of moose seasons in region 8 are as follows:

Any bull in the 60s/70s until late 70s when the bull had to have at least a branched antler (ie, can't shoot spikers). Mid-late 80s season was moved out of the rut with an Oct 10 opening. Then LEH and fork/spike happened in the mid 90s. Also, the GOS seasons used to be on the west side of Okanagan Lake only, until the mid 90s when LEH and spike/fork came in for the east side of the lake.

My dates may be off a bit, but chronology aside, I believe that is how seasons progressed (regressed actually).

So, we have moose populations that are up. We have 50% of the hunters that we had when moose were on GOS. But we can only shoot a mature moose once in 56 years on LEH, or find a spike/fork on those rare days when hell freezes over (I've seen about 5 legal bulls in the past 12 years of pounding hard every chance I get in moose season - weekends, weekday evenings, holidays - and have shot one). I see between 8 and 15 mature bulls each season, and about the same number of cows/calves. Something's wrong with this picture.

I am far too young to affirm your dates however late seventies adn eighties sounds right because I grewup on moose meat as the old man would get his bull every year back then. Since LEH he has not drawn a tag once.....(Oldtimer you're not alone)

I spend 1 week hunting moose every October and run into anywhere from over 20 bulls a few years to as low as 12 bulls in that week and endless cow/calves. (The year we only saw 12 bulls in a week 5 bulls had been poached that month, anywyas that's besides the point)

Like F/D said we have half the hunters and moose pop's appear to be increasing. Brian Harris has his head up his a$$ that's the way I see it.

one-shot-wonder
06-28-2007, 11:33 AM
I've seen about 5 legal bulls in the past 12 years of pounding hard every chance I get in moose season - weekends, weekday evenings, holidays - and have shot one.

Surprised you even see moose staring at your speedometer increasing and your fuel gauge decreasing all day long Road warrior :mrgreen:!

Fisher-Dude
06-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Surprised you even see moose staring at your speedometer increasing and your fuel gauge decreasing all day long Road warrior :mrgreen:!

The dog keeps an eye out for game, he sees it long before I do! That's why I got a sight-hound for hunting! :mrgreen:

There's a method to my madness, if you aren't watching where you're going, you can bump into them with the truck, knock them senseless for a few minutes, get out with your tape measure and check out the tine lengths. It's really the only way to ensure it's a legal bull! :wink:

ratherbefishin
06-28-2007, 12:08 PM
I got a successful september draw 3 years ago in 5-13a-but later realised why the odds were better-it was pre rut-we saw cows but never saw a bull.We had a great hunt, stayed at fishpot lake resort[which I highly recommend]-shot lots of grouse, but reduced my chances for 3 years.I put in for 7-8 this year

Fisher-Dude
06-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Ahhh, the good old days of GOS moose hunting in region 8 (circa 1975): :mrgreen:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/image.jpg

boxhitch
06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
You have a good recall

GOS seasons used to be on the west side of Okanagan Lake only, until the mid 90s when LEH and spike/fork came in for the east side of the lake.

So now the whole region has moose.

I see between 8 and 15 mature bulls each season, and about the same number of cows/calves.

Almost not enough tail to go around !.

All this aside, wonder why the leh hunters have a low success rate?
F-D, you should have stats for pop.#s and harvest rate ?

one-shot-wonder
06-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Ahhh, the good old days of GOS moose hunting in region 8 (circa 1975): :mrgreen:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/image.jpg

Good old days is right, I haven't seen a gun in a rack like that in years!

Fisher-Dude
06-28-2007, 01:21 PM
The bios say we have 30:100 bull:cow ratio, and that's where they want it. The east side populations were always low, until the mid 80s when old pine clearcuts began to regen and provide willow browse, then the population really took off. I think (my own speculation) that LEH and spike/forks were added on the east side as a way to "soothe pissed off hunters" because GOS on the west side was curtailed.

I don't have the harvest stats but I know that Stats Boy (GG) does. I think I see more moose than many folks because I have hunted them for so many years, know the likely spots to look, and spend so much time out there. Locals who get drawn tend to have better success than out-of-region hunters who have trouble finding the breeding arenas and "the right creek bottom".

Sometimes the stars don't line up either, I helped my buddy with an LEH find one in 2004 and he didn't connect until Oct 22. When I got drawn for a region 3 bull, it took me 11 days to find one, despite having seen up to 4 a day the previous few years. That's huntin'.

Fisher-Dude
06-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Good old days is right, I haven't seen a gun in a rack like that in years!

I know how much you yearn for "bolt-on racks" One Shit! :wink: Note also the model 88 308, the preferred rifle of the serious road warrior! :mrgreen:

300H&H
06-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh boy....I can't wait to find out I didn't get drawn again :(

spock
06-28-2007, 03:09 PM
I got jumpy and called the leh line today and they said the draw hadn't been run yet(as of eleven this morning) and that it was going to be run tonight and the results should be online either Friday night or Tuesday.

Browningmirage
06-28-2007, 03:34 PM
TUESDAY?????????????????????????/

I dont think i can handle the suspense

ratherbefishin
06-28-2007, 04:00 PM
What Will Be, Will Be

daycort
06-28-2007, 04:05 PM
i can see myself now, going across the ferrie onto the island with a buddy or two to reek havack on them there rosies.
or at full draw on a buff behind spruce. or at full draw on a big billie. or maybe at full draw on the g bear.

Steeleco
06-28-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm in no rush to be told the same old story!!! I'd believe in Santa first!!!

dave_fras
06-28-2007, 04:46 PM
i see a ton of moose every year!.....between 20 and 25 bulls.... and about the same number of cows

JohnS
06-28-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm in no rush to be told the same old story!!! I'd believe in Santa first!!!

Just got a email today and they haven't even run the draw yet, the email said tonight they are going to run it LOL! same old same old, and ya to get told the same thing as every year :("NILL" oh well

SHAKER
06-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Last count my score card read 23 draws outta 76 attempts.......l learnt the magic mojo of black ink years ago!! :):) But even with out an LEH in your pocket, like Quadrakid says....... we live in the best province in Canada for hunting opportunities.

Not too bad at all! I'm averaging a draw every 13 yrs. right now. The worst odds I put in for are aprox 7-1. As far as the best province to hunt?? You bet, but I definatly could be better. The only critter I don't hunt is Bison... for obvious reasons. It's all about getting the opertunity to hunt not wether you punch a tag.

Dominic Cicuto
06-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm in the young hunter catagorie and in the leh's last year i put in for 3 and got 3 :-D Hoping to do the same this year and checking it on tuesday 3rd.

bsa30-06
06-28-2007, 06:38 PM
These people set a date for the draw every year, and every year that day comes and goes and the draw was not completed.Then they set another date and that one comes and goes.......Do you see a pattern starting to develope here.I don't worry about checking my results until i start to see some of you guys posting your results.If they can't do the draw on the day they were suppose to, don't expect the results on the day they said they would be available.I believe in one of the threads we had here it was stated that they spend alot of time checking and correcting cards that were sent wrong, in my opinion that is above and beyond just the running of the draw, and these people making these corrections for the ones who couldn't take the time to even fill their cards out right should be commended.Good luck everyone.One of these years i'll shoot that big NIL and show them all.lol

thatskindafunny
06-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Like don't PANIC. It will come today tomorrow or the next day. I can see if your going on a hunt in August but really my elk draw that I'm going to get isn't going to happen until Dec 1. I'm not going to read anymore LEH things until I hear about someone that gets his dream come true. I really hope you people that have neve had one get one. Yes, can you say smile. I sure did last year when I got my elk draw. Hunt was over in 30 minutes but that was ok. Waited 35 years for the tag.

greatwhitehunter_30.06
06-28-2007, 08:38 PM
i'm 16 and ive been putting in for leh for 3 years now (this is the fourth) and the first year was NIL the the second i put in for junior draws and got a doe tag up in 7-20 (didnt tag out) and then lat year i got a claf moose draw in 7-18 (i think) not tagged and a cow elk draw (7-20) tagged out:-D this year i would like to get the cow draw again and my bull moose 7-10. i should get the elk as it is 0.7:1 odds and this year there should be more draws due to the increased problems to the hunters in that area. As for the moose i doubt i will get drawn as it is not a junior draw. but like most ppl. have been saying there is lots of opportunity in the open season in the greates province in canada:)

wetcoasthunter
06-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I called the LEH office today and they said that they did not do the draw last night but were going to "try" and get it done tonight.

bdfxryan
06-29-2007, 10:33 AM
Looks like they have started posting results at http://wlapwww.gov.bc.ca:8000/pls/wldwhse_pub/leh_hunt_codes. I just got mine.

NinVic
07-03-2007, 10:15 PM
darn.. no moose draw.... was 50/50 chance where I applied and we had been successful for the past 2 years, 3 years in a row for moose would have been a bit too lucky I guess.

1/2 slam
07-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Drew a Grizz tag. Second tag that I ever drew...in 25 years. Once again no island Elk.

Stone Sheep Steve
07-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Drew a Grizz tag. Second tag that I ever drew...in 25 years. Once again no island Elk.

Rod
Is your draw in your sheep area??

SSS

3kills
07-06-2007, 12:27 AM
so in the group of my family that usually hunts together we go....5 mulie doe draws one group of 4 moose draws and one cow elk draw in rock creek....

lip_ripper00
07-06-2007, 09:10 AM
[quote=3kills;164233] one group of 4 moose draws

one group draw will allow you to take 2 animals

Between my family and my hunting partners family we have 2 group draws as well 3 doe

30-06
07-06-2007, 09:19 AM
were we applied the odd's were 1:5 .7 of us applied no draws. oh well Chetwynd is The Destination this year i guess

Lil Buck
07-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Anyone draw goat on the hurley east side????

I have info.....

1/2 slam
07-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Brent,

It sure is. We're going to a new spot in 7-51. I'm probably more excited about the bear than the sheep...if thats possible:mrgreen:

boxhitch
07-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Brent,

It sure is. We're going to a new spot in 7-51. I'm probably more excited about the bear than the sheep...if thats possible:mrgreen:
I can see who is going to be the camp-jack, cooking bacon all day with the Winchester stoked. :)

3kills
07-06-2007, 11:26 PM
[quote=3kills;164233] one group of 4 moose draws

one group draw will allow you to take 2 animals

Between my family and my hunting partners family we have 2 group draws as well 3 doe

ya i knew that it was a group of 4 people is what i meant 3 people gives u two tags 4 gives u 2 tags and 2 gives u 1 tag....