PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new hunter to take out this weekend

Dad and son
10-04-2016, 08:15 PM
My hunting partner for the weekend has cancelled. I am interested in taking out a new hunter. By new hunter, I mean someone who has not harvested a big game animal or has had very little success. We will likely go for deer, unless you are interested in Bear. I am particularly interested in a young person but any age or gender is fine. I live in Vancouver and the area we go will depend on where you live and what you want to hunt. I am pretty flexible. We will both be hunting but of course if we see an animal, you will get first shot. I have helped several new hunters including both my sons find and harvest their first animal, maybe you will be next. We will hunt in truck or quad depending on your preference.

scotty30-06
10-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Man if I wasn't a little busy I would be heading up with you.....i just can't seem to get into a black tail buck....and yes the frustration is part of the fun....but empty freezer sucks when ya got kids to feed (and don't worry not going hungry just hate government meat)

ajr5406
10-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Good for you! Wish I could go. Great to see people like yourself investing in the next generation of hunters

Funeral Of Hearts
10-04-2016, 08:59 PM
Too bad i live so far away. Lol

Sinperama
10-04-2016, 09:37 PM
My hunting partner for the weekend has cancelled. I am interested in taking out a new hunter. By new hunter, I mean someone who has not harvested a big game animal or has had very little success. We will likely go for deer, unless you are interested in Bear. I am particularly interested in a young person but any age or gender is fine. I live in Vancouver and the area we go will depend on where you live and what you want to hunt. I am pretty flexible. We will both be hunting but of course if we see an animal, you will get first shot. I have helped several new hunters including both my sons find and harvest their first animal, maybe you will be next. We will hunt in truck or quad depending on your preference.

Where about are you thinking of heading to?

Stone Sheep Steve
10-04-2016, 09:45 PM
And for those of you that didn't realise, 'Dad' of 'Dad and Son' took out Big Boar way back in 2008 and helped him get his first bear. Thanks for all you have done for new hunters over the years 'Dad'.
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?22543-Rookie-Bear-Down-and-What-a-First-BEAR!!!

SSS

Dlo11
10-04-2016, 09:47 PM
This sounds great wish I could. Might be able to go the 15th

Carrollizer
10-04-2016, 09:54 PM
I just Pm'ed you

GrandA
10-04-2016, 10:08 PM
I went out with Dad and Son many years ago. Great guy.

two-feet
10-05-2016, 06:26 AM
Nice offer. Very generous.

Backwoods
10-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Dad and Son, that is so awesome that you put that offer on the table, all the respect to you, glad to see others such as yourself helping the next generation get out there, or even a new hunter age and gender!! Cheer man!
-Backwoods

HarryToolips
10-05-2016, 12:55 PM
This man here is a real good guy folks...

albravo2
10-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Really great post. Good for you! Admirable.

I hope you have a great hunt.

ryanonthevedder
10-05-2016, 01:11 PM
.... "must be able to squeal like a pig"....

Sorry couldn't help it.

Good for you showing new guys the ropes. My mentor (now dead) did a lot for me at the start of my career. It means a lot for a new guy to get the guidance.

mrtires24
10-05-2016, 06:03 PM
Very nice offer, being a new hunter I apreciate the offer and would have loved to take you up on it. Unfortunatly...or fortunately, I am leaving tomorrow on a 10 day hunt. I think my signature will be changing ;)

AgSilver
10-05-2016, 06:53 PM
That's very cool of you. I just went out over the past couple of days on my own and often found myself wishing that I had someone with more experience there to help me figure out what I was doing wrong (because it was clearly something...even if it was just poor location choice). Have a great hunt!

whitlers
10-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Very generous. Someone should jump at such an opportunity

SaintSix
10-06-2016, 11:40 AM
Very kind offer, look forward to seeing pics of a new hunter hooked after his first kill.

simonvancouver
10-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Great offer, wish i had seen this a few days ago.
As a new hunter with no hunting buddies it is a bit of a catch 22 with hunting, happy to go out and learn and make my own mistakes but also want to learn the correct way of doing things and build a solid foundation for years to come.