PDA

View Full Version : Deciding between hunting spots

Mitchellfried
10-03-2016, 03:10 PM
Hello,

Myself and my father are trying to decide where and when to hunt this year. We are debating going October 12-17th or November 10-15th. We are thinking of going in either region 4-40 or going around the Clinton and Lilloet area. The hope is to get a moose and a deer. We don't have any limited entry. I would appreciate hearing your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks for your time,
Mitchell

Steeleco
10-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Pick one and go for it, a guy could tell you the animals are exactly in "this spot" and they'd be gone the next day. My go too spot was completely devoid of animals yesterday, but I know they exist, my freezer is proof!!

BRvalley
10-03-2016, 05:02 PM
If you don't have an LEH and you want moose to be an option, then it would have to be October for region 4 looking at the regs right now...same for mule deer...

If your main focus is whitetail then I'd prefer to go in November

BRvalley
10-03-2016, 05:10 PM
nm previous post, think you meant region 3, lillooet isn't region 4, my bad lol

I'd still prefer to wait for November myself, wait for the snow up top, better chance at some good bucks than the elusive spike fork moose in that area imo...

markt308
10-03-2016, 05:37 PM
If I was you I'd plan for the October hunt, especially if you are looking to just put an animal down. Any buck in October so that's your best bet. A spike/fork moose is a rare sight so plan on not seeing one, then if you do it's the bonus of a lifetime! If you go in November you're limiting yourself to a 4pt only for muleys, or a spike moose. Both are tough to find but possible of course! Either way good luck

Mitchellfried
10-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Ah yeah I forgot about moose season ending October 31 in 4-40. All we seen last year in that region was huge moose and no deer. Never hunted around the Clinton and lilloet area before