PDA

View Full Version : MU6-09e Goat access??

emerson
10-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Got a goat draw there. I'll be heading over there for moose bow and open this month, and to see cousins. Depending on snow this fall I might try to get out in Nov too. Anyone tried the road N to the alpine from Sweeny Lake in the last couple of years? Or the one farther west that also heads N? If you would rather PM that's fine too. Thanks.

decker9
10-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Use to do quad trips up the sweeny side years ago, a guy can get up above timberline on a couple of the old spurs going north off of the sweeny rd, on a quad. I always kept eyes open for goats but never seen any, mind you I never looked to far from the bike as I wasent hunting.

I have seen good goats along the north side of Tahtsa lake tho, if you have a good boat, the far end of the lake (think it might even be gos) is good goat huntin. Not sure how the moose huntin would be tho.

Another option to get above timberline is heading in at 101km, iv only been in there in the winter, but iv seen photos from the summer and there's spots that looked pretty goaty to me.

Good luck.