PDA

View Full Version : New BC Hunter

backroadflip
10-02-2016, 04:48 AM
Hello everyone,

I am another new BC hunter. I am a 30 year old male living in South Vancouver and am looking forward to my first hunt. I have no experience, but the drive to learn and experience is definitely there. Would love to get any tips, tricks, hints, etc or even a mentor or group that I can learn from. I appreciate any help.

It's good to meet you all.
Happy trails.

Frango
10-02-2016, 06:42 AM
Join your local Fish and Game club.Watch, listen and learn. A warning.... once you get hooked it's a life long addiction. Enjoy.

HarryToolips
10-02-2016, 09:58 AM
^^^^^I agree, and just get out there as much as possible, enjoy...and welcome!

hoochie
10-02-2016, 08:38 PM
get a good set of binoculars. its amazing what you cant see with your naked eye. Some times there are deer there, you just dont know it!

backroadflip
10-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Thank you all very much. I will take in all that you have said and I hope to succeed and update you all!

backroadflip
10-03-2016, 12:38 AM
I understand vision is one of the senses I'll need to exercise and train. With binoculars, can I get one "all-purpose" pair or are there particular setups/kits for each type of environment/setting?

ajr5406
10-03-2016, 07:03 AM
Welcome!

lots of great info on this site and lots of people willing to share opinions on every topic. The search feature isn't very easy to use so just Google and then put "Hunting BC" at the end of your search.

Good luck!

hoochie
10-03-2016, 08:24 PM
I understand vision is one of the senses I'll need to exercise and train. With binoculars, can I get one "all-purpose" pair or are there particular setups/kits for each type of environment/setting?

I have a pair of 8X, and my wife has a 10X. Sometimes when you look at a place, you dont see deer. use your binos and you will spot them. scan back and forth.. it really helps.

Jagermeister
10-03-2016, 08:57 PM
When thinking of binoculars, bear in mind weight. At some time during a hike you will curse a heavy pair. Take twilight factor into consideration when purchasing you binos, Consider 10X but also take 8X consideration if the pair appeals to you. Large eye piece lens over small ones. Waterproof of course.

CodyRules
10-09-2016, 01:47 PM
Be patient when your glassing and youll be surprised what how much youll see!