PDA

View Full Version : Clarification/help please

campking
09-29-2016, 12:03 PM
My daughter who is a hunter is going up to the cabin with her boyfriend who is not a hunter and they plan to do a little shooting for fun, my understanding is as long as she has her PAL and as long as she is with him he is allowed to shoot the gun for fun (not hunt) is this correct?

I have advised her since it is hunting season and she should probably get a hunting licence (even if she does not plan to hunt) in case they get checked, I think it might save a hassle, what do you think?

Thanks!

tinhorse
09-29-2016, 12:07 PM
Yes that is correct.

lakelander
09-29-2016, 12:21 PM
Correct but she should get a hunting license and tag in case Mr 4 Point walks out :)

campking
09-29-2016, 12:23 PM
I agree but she only wants to do that if "Daddy" is with her lol

Steeleco
09-29-2016, 12:49 PM
As long as they are both just plinking they will be OK without a hunting license. Many people go shooting and don't even hunt.

walks with deer
09-29-2016, 01:17 PM
Tell her to get a boyfriend that hunts...

Jk

campking
09-29-2016, 01:19 PM
I know I will be working on it, but he is a big time keeper so don't want to push the issue!

Xenomorph
09-29-2016, 02:27 PM

Jk

Oh man that was funny, laughed out loud over here. :smile:

Seeker
09-29-2016, 03:34 PM

Jk

Freekin awesome! :lol::lol:

campking
09-29-2016, 04:53 PM
I agree funnier than s---

finngun
09-29-2016, 10:12 PM
Hope they are only ' plinking '...i guess ya thinking that too:redface:

campking
09-29-2016, 10:59 PM
Crossed the line!

604Stalker
09-30-2016, 06:45 AM
if they are going where people usally hunt this time of year it may be a good idea to leave the lisence at home if hes not a hunter then they could simply say Im not here as a hunter today if it became an issue. Personally though Im on board with the boys here shes gonna regret it if a 4pt walks out.

boxhitch
09-30-2016, 09:03 AM
good idea to leave the lisence at home if hes not a hunter then they could simply say Im not here as a hunter todayand then
shes gonna regret it if a 4pt walks ????????

Nothing wrong with her shooting with the bf, nothing wrong with her standing over a dead deer with the bf along.
The optics of sitting at a range and shooting are quite different than stalking through the bush or down a road looking for game. Facts will win over suspicions and speculation every time.

604Stalker
10-01-2016, 02:51 AM
Sorry Im confused I think my post was clear and you just newspaper quoted me right below it? I was just letting them know that its easier to explain that your not hunting then why theres 2 rifles and two people during hunting season. Never said there was anything wrong with hunting with a non hunter its just way easier to be without doubt shooting this time of year incase you run into a situation where you are explaining yourself.

campking
10-01-2016, 08:20 AM
I understood you stalker and that was one of my concerns in my post , I also agree with boxhitch. I guess it depends on the CO stopping you, I think it could be an uncomfortable situation explaining only one hunter a 2 guns but as it legal
they would have nothing to worry about. It might be a good idea for them to have proof of the law with them, I am not sure where to find it but will try to find the actual written law just in case.

Steve W
10-01-2016, 02:03 PM
My daughter who is a hunter is going up to the cabin with her boyfriend who is not a hunter and they plan to do a little shooting for fun, my understanding is as long as she has her PAL and as long as she is with him he is allowed to shoot the gun for fun (not hunt) is this correct?

I have advised her since it is hunting season and she should probably get a hunting licence (even if she does not plan to hunt) in case they get checked, I think it might save a hassle, what do you think?

Thanks!

This type of thing is really, really common. During the hunting season lot of people are out and about just plinking, enjoying shooting and busting clay pigeons. Non-hunters travel with hunters all the time. Non-hunters with hunters who have game down or are transporting it home is common too. They don't get hassled. If they can explain what they are doing and that explanation is believable - have a nice day out in the woods.

russm
10-01-2016, 02:19 PM
He could pick up an initiation license and they could use grouse for plinking with....

campking
10-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Never heard of an initiation licence, I will read the regulations and check it out.
Thanks russm

jackthebear
10-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Well, being a father myself, the first thing I would do is to tell the "boyfriend" that he better have his "safety" on!

campking
10-02-2016, 09:09 AM
Ha Ha guys.

But seriously I read about the Initiation licence and pretty much understand it except for grouse (or anything that may be open that does not require a tag), can he hunt grouse? Because with with say deer if he was successful she would cut her tag and with grouse no tag is required?