PDA

View Full Version : **THINK before you post***

Gateholio
06-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Guys, please *THINK* before you start a thread.

Think "Is this the proper forum for this topic?"

The Mainland Hunting section seems to get a large amount of threads posted that have zero to do wiht Hunting on the Minaland of BC.

Take a look at the forum list, they all have categories and and subsections (For example, Mianland hunting is: HuntingBC.ca-Hunting, BC, Mainland BC)

Myself and the rest of the moderators spend alot of time moving threads into appropriate forums. Often it is by the same people.

Please make sure that your thread pertians to the forum it is posted in, it's pretty simple...Thanks very much.8)

Elkhound
06-26-2007, 10:37 AM
and moved to off topic........:mrgreen:

Especially the guys asking hunting gear questions in the exchange forum......we have a section for hunting gear

Gates is right. Don't make him come visit ya in the middle of the night:eek:

srupp
06-26-2007, 12:22 PM
awwww ELKHOUND come and visit milk is always on...as for GATE we are going to visit him .

Steven

Elkhound
06-26-2007, 12:25 PM
mmmmmmm Milk. You're on:-D

Gateholio
06-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Elkhound is talkign about a visit from me in the middle of the night wearing a ski mask and carrying duct tape....8):mrgreen:

Now this thread is going off topic too, i see!:(

Beer
06-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Any chance we could get Gate to use the spellcheck before he posts? I had no idea there were so many ways to spell mainland.

todbartell
06-26-2007, 12:35 PM
if you saw the size of his hands, you would see why he cant type :D

Elkhound
06-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Elkhound is talkign about a visit from me in the middle of the night wearing a ski mask and carrying duct tape....8):mrgreen:

Ooops:oops: Sorry Clarke. My fault.

Back on track. Look where you are posting people...and yes I was refering to the ski mask and duct tape.....other wise known as the "Pemberton Round-Up"

Fisher-Dude
06-26-2007, 12:49 PM
This is a general chat topic. Who the heck posted it in Mainland? 8)

Mr. Dean
06-26-2007, 12:57 PM
All kiding aside.... Is it possible to get 42 mpg out of a dodge diesel... When out hunting on the mainland????

Gateholio
06-26-2007, 12:58 PM
This is a general chat topic. Who the heck posted it in Mainland? 8)

Most of the time it's guys posting in Mainland for "I want to sell this rifle" or "I am looking for a buddy" or 'What truck tires are best?" or "What is the price of gas in Prince George" etc...So I posted this here.

The irony was not lost on me, though!:mrgreen:

Gateholio
06-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Any chance we could get Gate to use the spellcheck before he posts? I had no idea there were so many ways to spell mainland.

Looks like someone is volunteering for a Round Up!8):mrgreen:

pmj
06-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Guys, please *THINK* before you start a thread.

Think "Is this the proper forum for this topic?"

Amen. Thanks Gate. It has been getting totally out of hand:mad:. Make sure you bring this BTTT (back to the top) several times so everyone sees it.

3kills
06-26-2007, 02:29 PM

pink tu tu too???

maybe this thread should be stickied???

hunter1947
06-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks gatehouse ,will do my best in the future to make my post to the correct area. wayne w.:wink:.

Bow Walker
06-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Ahh, now I gotta pull my head outta my ash just to see where my posts are goin??

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_18_7.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYJOCA)

Gateholio
08-01-2007, 09:25 AM
It seems this message has fallen on some deaf ears...Since I have been regularly moving threads out of Mainland into other areas. So we'll try something else.

I'll lock the thread, so whomever posted it is aware that it's in the wrong forum, then I'll move it and reopen after a short period. If nothign else, it shoudl be interesting...8)

newhunterette
08-01-2007, 09:52 AM
hey I am new - I am just figuring it all out - and gatehouse u do a fine job :) keeping us all in line :)

where's the recipe - oops sorry wrong place to post heheheheheheh

sawmill
08-01-2007, 08:10 PM
I think the reason people post out of bounds is because they have a question that is important to them to be answered and if they post a bow ? in the right section it might not get seen by nearly enough eyes.Mainland is the most popular section therefor the best place to ask a question.
this a hell of a nice civililized site so don`t get too pissy cause stuff gets off topic
you guys do a fantastic job ,and we all thank you for it.Joe

Gateholio
08-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I think the reason people post out of bounds is because they have a question that is important to them to be answered and if they post a bow ? in the right section it might not get seen by nearly enough eyes.Mainland is the most popular section therefor the best place to ask a question.
this a hell of a nice civililized site so don`t get too pissy cause stuff gets off topic
you guys do a fantastic job ,and we all thank you for it.Joe

Most of the members hit "new posts" button, and that brings all the new posts up, regardless of forum.:wink:

Marc made seperate forums for a reason, remember. And I don't mind so much when threads naturally stray off topic, but it'd be nice if they were in the proper forum to begin with.:-D

mrdoog
08-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Incorrect Forums, mixed up threads.
Thank goodness for the Angels that sort this out.
Bless you.

browningboy
08-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Incorrect Forums, mixed up threads.
Thank goodness for the Angels that sort this out.
Bless you.

X2 for me also! God bless the angels!:mrgreen: