PDA

View Full Version : FVSAH insurance sources???

mungojeerie
09-27-2016, 07:27 PM
Hey guys and gals...
wondering if anyone knows of a suitable insurance that can be used for the FVSAH license that is not through BCWF or part of house/rental insurance or gun club membership.

I inquired at the insurance agency and they have no clue, told me to ask on the forum.

For years I have purchased my bcwf membership (some years twice thanks to the acorn club not knowing what they're doing!) and only recently became aware that my membership which is renewed every Sept. Runs out of insurance on Dec 31. Irks me to have to purchase it again twice in the same season in order to have insurance and each year it will require renewal in the middle of bird season... Not impressed.

Anyone else with with good options?

Whonnock Boy
09-27-2016, 08:17 PM
Hmmm.... You're not really purchasing your membership twice. You're just purchasing it late if you do it in September. Renew it January 1st every year, and you're only buying it once.

LupieHunter
09-27-2016, 08:18 PM
Just to clarify you're a bcwf member via a club membership?

mungojeerie
09-27-2016, 09:50 PM
I have always been a bcwf member just by buying membership through them. Although one year the Acorn club took my $ and membership included a BCWF membership. Never did hear back from them, and never got my BCWF membership so I called up BCWF and purchased it. Some months later I received a second membership with a different number that came via the Acorn club.

mungojeerie
09-27-2016, 09:52 PM
Hmmm.... You're not really purchasing your membership twice. You're just purchasing it late if you do it in September. Renew it January 1st every year, and you're only buying it once.

Yes, but I will have to purchase it twice this year... and in subsequent years my membership will always expire and need to be renewed mid season... I find this.... annoying.

boxhitch
09-28-2016, 05:55 AM
Or just go with the direct membership ?

Our club recently changed membership dates to match BCWF, instead of being tied to license renewal in March. easy peasy