PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater Nov 15 - 30

robertmcallan
09-27-2016, 07:15 PM
Hey a buddy of mine has got a moose draw for this time in area 3-40 so a few of us were thinking of joining him on the hunt, trying to get ourselves a mule deer. We will be bring a wall tent up but between the group of us nobody really knows of areas that a group could set up camp. Not looking for an honey holes just a heads up on areas that would be accessible during this time of the year. any advise would be very appreciated
Thanks Rob

Steelpulse
09-27-2016, 10:33 PM
I haven't hunted quite that far north in reg. 3 but have hunted a lot pretty close and I think you can expect some snow for sure, unless a warm winter, but there could be a good amount maybe a foot maybe not but expect snow, can be great for tracking, some huge bucks in region 3.

I think a good strategy would be hope for snow and track a moose alternatively find new growth thick evergreens and they will be in there like 99%, catch them on way in and out or go for a super close hunt and stalk one in the evergreens could be epic

also good rut timing so a big buck should be more reasonable

raft river Rd looks promising but I just google earthed it for a second maybe take it a ways back looks Deery moosey, keep us updated in the hunt