PDA

View Full Version : GermanSen FSR

livetohunt
09-26-2016, 01:02 PM
Any one travel Germansen FSR lately! ? I know I've read on other threads it can be rough and we're heading out Friday with a few trailers , any info regarding the road conditions would be much appreciated!

ryanb
09-27-2016, 07:26 AM
It's been more than 10 years since I last travelled that road, so I can't comment on its current condition. I will say if you're hauling trailers up in that country you better be bringing a few spares. Good luck.

todbartell
09-27-2016, 08:14 AM
They're logging on the north road so the condition should be decent. Go slow

butcher
09-27-2016, 11:55 AM
LOTS of logging traffic. Have a two way radio and follow the rules.

canadiancon
09-27-2016, 04:21 PM
Road is in good shape, depending if you go up the north road or the Finly, there is lots of logging traffic on both roads, the Manson itself is a busy road, but lots of pull outs but make sure you have a radio.

livetohunt
09-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Aweeome guys ! Appreciate the info !! We do have radios so we'll be putting them to use lol well wish us luck looking for mr. Bull! Reports are saying the rut is kicking in ! Stoked! Happy hunting !!!

J_06
09-27-2016, 09:37 PM
I work at the mine, roads not bad but it has its spots,mind you I ride it on a bus...

mpotzold
09-27-2016, 09:47 PM
Was in the area a few years ago. Make sure you have good quality tires such as the Toyo M55 that are designed for rough roads, mud, snow & sharp rock. Both our 2003 moose hunting trips were ruined because of crappy tires that came with a brand new truck. Two times -2 blowouts & many flats. LT (LOVER 308 )will attest to that. At a mining/forestry camp just NE of Uslika Lake the mechanic highly recommended the M55.
Never had a problem since.

The main road may have protruding & sharp rocks. Some of the side roads can become quite rough & treacherous especially when wet or icy. Beware of some of the wooden bridges. Check them carefully before crossing.
Carry best chains available with spare parts. If you have room carry an extra spare tire.
Been hunting the Germansen area since '67.

Steve W
09-28-2016, 07:52 AM
Was in the area a few years ago. Make sure you have good quality tires such as the Toyo M55 that are designed for rough roads, mud, snow & sharp rock. Both our 2003 moose hunting trips were ruined because of crappy tires that came with a brand new truck. Two times -2 blowouts & many flats. LT (LOVER 308 )will attest to that. At a mining/forestry camp just NE of Uslika Lake the mechanic highly recommended the M55.
Never had a problem since.

The main road may have protruding & sharp rocks. Some of the side roads can become quite rough & treacherous especially when wet or icy. Beware of some of the wooden bridges. Check them carefully before crossing.
Carry best chains available with spare parts. If you have room carry an extra spare tire.
Been hunting the Germansen area since '67.

Solid advice. Worked that country for six years. Tires and shocks take a beating. Any weakness in campers /trailer will surface. Broke through two old bridge decks during that time and washouts on older trails/roads are commons and often surprise you! Beautiful county and some unique folks live up that way.

livetohunt
09-28-2016, 08:40 PM
Greatly appreciate all the info I've received! Have added a few thing to the truck that's for sure!! Hopefully we can locate a bull or 2 :)

Bowzone_Mikey
09-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Aweeome guys ! Appreciate the info !! We do have radios so we'll be putting them to use lol well wish us luck looking for mr. Bull! Reports are saying the rut is kicking in ! Stoked! Happy hunting !!!

not even talking yet is the reports I am hearing ... few and far between ...

canadiancon
09-28-2016, 10:18 PM

They are talking around pg, my dad and I called one in on Tuesday, he came in grunting and running from a ways away.

mpotzold
09-28-2016, 10:30 PM
Last time we were there west of Uslika Lake in October. Icom & sat. phone & the M55's. Typical clear cut road. The Icom can be a life saver especially when trucks are hauling.

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo52/cariboo_2008/DSCN1495_1.jpg%7Eoriginal
http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo52/cariboo_2008/DSCN1494.jpg%7Eoriginal

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo52/cariboo_2008/DSCN1257.jpg%7Eoriginal

todbartell
09-30-2016, 07:17 PM

moose are few and far between so the vocalizations should follow suit

nap
10-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Radio's should have all the RR channels, not expensive to have programmed if they have not been updated.