PDA

View Full Version : Once in a lifetime?

drum_boy101
09-26-2016, 12:38 PM
My hunting partner and I were sitting in my ground blind this past Friday morning. Quiet morning with a couple of ducks paddling around the pond and a few cows grabbing a drink. After a few hours, my partner taps me on the shoulder and I turn around to see what's up. Decent size 4 pt mulie shows up at the far end of the swamp and then takes off as soon as I turn around. We thought he must have busted us sitting in the blind...

Not so...

Less than a minute after seeing the buck, I get another tap on the shoulder. I turn to see two tan objects at the end of the swamp, about 280 yards away. I raise my binos to take a closer look at what I thought would be a couple of doe... Nope, not doe, not one, but TWO COUGARS!!! Amazing. With chins on the floor we watched these two cats groom and play with each other for about 10 minutes. After a while they started making their way along the edge of the swamp either stalking us or the cows at the opposite end. With the cats somewhere between 80-100 yards away, getting a bit too close for comfort, we let out a couple of whistles and they booked it off into the woods.

The sight of these two was the most exciting thing I have ever experienced in my short hunting career. Not seeing anything shoot-able for the rest of the weekend couldn't wipe the smile off my face!

BigfishCanada
09-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Wow, is this lower mainland?

kennyj
09-26-2016, 04:55 PM
Very cool indeed!! Rare to see.
kenny

Gateholio
09-26-2016, 05:24 PM
That's one of the best parts of hunting. Seeing stuff you wouldn't normally see. :)

Surrey Boy
09-26-2016, 06:03 PM
If you both had cougar tags the story would've been even better.

Dash
09-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Very cool!!

RiverOtter
09-26-2016, 07:36 PM
Much as I hate sitting in one spot for a long while, it definitely does have its rewards. Cool experience, big cats are quite something.

Blainer
09-26-2016, 08:09 PM
If you both had cougar tags the story would've been even better.and in season

HarryToolips
09-26-2016, 08:39 PM
Very cool.....