PDA

View Full Version : Hunting out of hotels

dru88
09-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Hey I just got back from a unsuccessful moose hunt in region 5 saying that I think I have a new hunting partner in my son.
I am think of heading out in November to try and get him his first deer. He is a youth hunter so I was thinking a youth season in region 8 but not for sure we live in the LML. I have not hunted region 8 much, I want to go for a weekend and would like to stay in a hotel if possible just to make it a little easier.Any info would be great ie. hotels or general area.

Thanks in advance

sdurango41
09-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Not sure about hotels in region 8. But.... question is did you see any moose in region 5 when up there? Or much in the way of sign? We had a draw in 5-13 last year and saw almost no moose (one cow and a calf)(and no deer) and no fresh sign. When we moved from where we typically see moose to where we hunt deer and do see moose we saw no deer and two fresh tracks from a couple of moose. Then had an encounter with a pack of wolves in the thick stuff (nothing dropped) So we left without punching our moose tag. Just wondering if things have improved in region 5.

Drillbit
09-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Not sure about hotels in region 8. But.... question is did you see any moose in region 5 when up there? Or much in the way of sign? We had a draw in 5-13 last year and saw almost no moose (one cow and a calf)(and no deer) and no fresh sign. When we moved from where we typically see moose to where we hunt deer and do see moose we saw no deer and two fresh tracks from a couple of moose. Then had an encounter with a pack of wolves in the thick stuff (nothing dropped) So we left without punching our moose tag. Just wondering if things have improved in region 5.

not really.

saw a calf this summer. hadn't seen one in a few years

LuckyHorseshoe
09-26-2016, 12:15 PM
I would look at Princeton, lots of hotel choices and plenty of places to hunt

Getbent
09-26-2016, 12:18 PM
I have stayed in Merritt before at the Merritt lodge motel...nice couple who run it, cheap, clean and hunter friendly for sure...have skinned deer in his back area before.
great food in the restaurant.

MichelD
09-26-2016, 12:19 PM
Stayed in the Evening Star motel in Greenwood once.

Ponderosa in Princeton.

You might try Cedars in Princeton, posted room rate is a bit more modest than the Ponderosa, probably because it is off the highway on 3rd St.

dru88
09-26-2016, 12:52 PM
No we didn't see any sign of moose only old tracks and droppings. I was told that two weeks ago 2 bulls were pulled out of the area we were hunting.

lorneparker1
09-26-2016, 01:09 PM
No we didn't see any sign of moose only old tracks and droppings. I was told that two weeks ago 2 bulls were pulled out of the area we were hunting.

what zone in 5? 5 dash what?

sparkes3
09-26-2016, 03:11 PM
cedars has a little room to hang your deer if your successful

adamgarbett
09-28-2016, 05:32 AM
Elkhart Lodge. Very Hunter Friendly and nice rooms too and you get your choice of Regions 3 or 8. They will even hang your meat for you. Tell them I sent you!

dru88
09-28-2016, 01:21 PM
i cant seem to get the right phone number for Elkhart lodge.

adamgarbett
09-28-2016, 09:20 PM
i cant seem to get the right phone number for Elkhart lodge.

pm sent!!!!!!!!!