PDA

View Full Version : Where is Jelvis

lakelander
09-25-2016, 11:23 PM
Haven't heard from Jelvis since Jan of this year - has he retired from hunting..anyone know?

bc_buckshot
09-26-2016, 06:32 AM
He is around...just not here. Word from the bird he went east to meet the beast with 4 points or bigger

09-26-2016, 08:48 AM
247 Views and 2 Replies lol... that might say something

Salty
09-26-2016, 10:28 AM
Jelvis is everywhere

lakelander
09-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Missing his cryptic advice on where all the 4 points are hiding 8)

Darksith
09-26-2016, 10:32 AM
did he ever hunt?

skibum
09-26-2016, 10:35 AM
The first rule of Jelvis is: You do not talk about Jelvis.
The second rule of Jelvis is: You do not talk about Jelvis.
The third rule of Jelvis is:.....?

1/2 slam
09-26-2016, 10:37 AM
Haven't heard from Jelvis since Jan of this year - has he retired from hunting..anyone know?

Who cares!

Rhyno
09-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Yesterday I was doing a search for "kootenay mule deer", however autocorrect changed it to "loony mule deer", only one thread came up....it was started by Jelvis.....haha

lakelander
09-26-2016, 01:15 PM
Who cares!

I do! Due to his knowledge, I got a nice 4 point last year :)

albravo2
09-26-2016, 01:35 PM
I'm wondering about BigBlackDog. Odd to go a week without seeing anything from our resident expert/curmudgeon. I do hope everything is OK in his world, both he and his wife have had medical issues this year.

BMAC0
09-26-2016, 01:41 PM
When I first joined this site I quite enjoyed trying to decipher Jelvis' cryptic messages. Felt like I was watching Devinci code or something

Whonnock Boy
09-26-2016, 02:10 PM
Funny you say that as I was wondering where he had gone as well. Checked out his profile and his last activity was today a 2:04 pm.

I'm wondering about BigBlackDog. Odd to go a week without seeing anything from our resident expert/curmudgeon. I do hope everything is OK in his world, both he and his wife have had medical issues this year.

albravo2
09-26-2016, 02:23 PM
Funny you say that as I was wondering where he had gone as well. Checked out his profile and his last activity was today a 2:04 pm.

Ah good. Maybe he just lost a bet and has to stay quiet for a while.

I kind of miss his cantankerous outlook.

Gateholio
09-26-2016, 03:33 PM
Jelvis hasn't been around in a long time. I speculated before that he may have fallen ill or even passed away. He said he was an older guy, so it's possible. I hope he is okay, but we may never know.

ruger#1
09-26-2016, 03:33 PM
I'm wondering about BigBlackDog. Odd to go a week without seeing anything from our resident expert/curmudgeon. I do hope everything is OK in his world, both he and his wife have had medical issues this year. He is probably out hunting. And good for him.

lakelander
09-27-2016, 03:32 PM
Jelvis hasn't been around in a long time. I speculated before that he may have fallen ill or even passed away. He said he was an older guy, so it's possible. I hope he is okay, but we may never know.

I hope he is Ok. I would be really relieved if I knew he hadn't passed away. Life is precious...

Elkaholic
09-27-2016, 03:38 PM
I miss the guy as well. He was a character and made this place more lively. I hope he's ok, if not I hope he is slaying the 4pt mule deer in the sky.

markt308
09-27-2016, 03:50 PM
I have always enjoyed big Jelly on this site. Can't tell you how many times I have laughed out loud reading his stuff. So good. and he has a clear passion for BC and for the outdoors. Hope he is back soon

rocksteady
09-27-2016, 04:12 PM
I miss the guy as well. He was a character and made this place more lively. I hope he's ok, if not I hope he is slaying the 4pt mule deer in the sky.

if Jello Rama has passed on I bid him a "God speed" to his next adventure...

Darksith
09-27-2016, 11:17 PM
I do! Due to his knowledge, I got a nice 4 point last year :)

He was just plagiarizing a few old books �� do some reading you will find words he passed as his

Drillbit
09-27-2016, 11:39 PM
I have always enjoyed big Jelly on this site. Can't tell you how many times I have laughed out loud reading his stuff. So good. and he has a clear passion for BC and for the outdoors. Hope he is back soon

Same here.

Dodo23
10-06-2016, 01:22 PM
I am new here, but have read his posts and have respect for him. He has shared good info.

Linksman313
10-06-2016, 01:27 PM
He is probably out hunting, hope he's not in my spot!!
Come back soon with another gonzo adventure hunt to tell us about Jelvis!!

dino
10-06-2016, 09:28 PM
I sure hope he is OK. A man that can take all the heat he took and hardly ever made any derogatory remarks back is OK in my books.
Some people can dish but can't take it. Not jelly, he took it and laughed with style.

Jel has some class, the haters just can't see it.

twoSevenO
10-06-2016, 10:26 PM
I sure hope he is OK. A man that can take all the heat he took and hardly ever made any derogatory remarks back is OK in my books.
Some people can dish but can't take it. Not jelly, he took it and laughed with style.

well put dino.

what got me thinking in this thread is ... didn't anyone know him personally? He's been on here so long that i find it hard to believe no one made friends with him in real life. Big Boar passed away (RIP) and i couldn't believe how many people he had met off here. Jelvis had been a member for longer than him and it seems never met anyone. Strange. Seemed like a very social fella to me.

Mosin
10-06-2016, 10:28 PM

Good post buddy. Hit the nail on the head

250 sav
10-07-2016, 07:53 AM
I always though he was are administrator Marc's alter ego and expected him back when Marc came back

vislander
10-07-2016, 11:24 AM

Could'nt agree more,hurry back Jelly Man

Bugle M In
10-07-2016, 12:05 PM
did they finally lock him up in the "looney bin"??
Anyways, hope he is alright.....he always added color to the forum.

Spy
10-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Ask Frenchbar ;-) I miss Jel, thought he was great, wish he would come back..

rocksteady
10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
He was a character... Lonnie as shit but still a character

10-07-2016, 04:34 PM
I bet to meet that guy, he would be extremely interesting. Whoever jelvis was, was very well articulated. He might have driven a few nuts but to post how he posted and never brake character is huge. I am sure he is a "second personality" of someone here but that is just me.

Either way, I'd love to meet whoever he was.

frenchbar
10-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Jelvis is livin in his van along the banks of the Fraser..no internet. Just a dip net...

frenchbar
10-07-2016, 05:07 PM
Jelvis for president.!!!!!

frenchbar
10-07-2016, 05:33 PM
He was a character... Lonnie as shit but still a character

did he ever hunt?

He was a regular up at scuttlebutt lodge...

frenchbar
10-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Him and Red tossing back pilsners out on the deck was a nightly ritual after a long day stalkin mooses

markt308
10-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Him and Red tossing back pilsners out on the deck was a nightly ritual after a long day stalkin mooses

HAHA 'ol Jelly-roll. rollin up the hill. my name ain't bill. Better stay still-if yer huntin with me yes sirrrr-eeeee. Jel oh keepin it mellow

gutpile
10-07-2016, 05:58 PM
:sad:: don't think we'll hear from jelvis anymore !

markomoose
10-07-2016, 06:01 PM
I'm almost sure he will return shortly.He loves talking hunting!!

Spy
10-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Jelvis is livin in his van along the banks of the Fraser..no internet. Just a dip net...
That's awesome good for him. Let him know HBC misses him and would love to see him posting again. Happy Thanks giving to you and your uncle Frenchbar :-)

lakelander
10-07-2016, 10:39 PM
So glad to here Jelvis is still around. Quite the character - hope to meet him one day. Come back Jel - we are missing you!!

CaribooBC
10-08-2016, 12:26 AM
I hope he is not hanging out in some government provided accommodations.

Stew
10-08-2016, 07:27 AM
People figured out who Jelvis (jorge) was on fb, then he stopped posting on HBC.
Look at my avatar, it is the real Jorge (Jelvis)

Spy
10-08-2016, 09:13 AM
People figured out who Jelvis (jorge) was on fb, then he stopped posting on HBC.
Look at my avatar, it is the real Jorge (Jelvis)
Did you get permission to use that pic???? I don't know how legal it is, might be! But going onto someones FB stealing their pic, (any pic) and posting it, is as low as you can go. Why not post your own mug shot and full names and address? I think what you have just done is against HBC rules, you might just get the boot I hope so at least !

Sleep Robber
10-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Did you get permission to use that pic???? I don't know how legal it is, might be! But going onto someones FB stealing their pic, (any pic) and posting it, is as low as you can go. Why not post your own mug shot and full names and address? I think what you have just done is against HBC rules, you might just get the boot I hope so at least !

People who post their picture or any other picture on a Facebook account offer it up as free to copy at any time, it's up to the account holder to privatize their account settings so people can't see them, let a lone copy and paste them elsewhere.

Obviously Jelvis wasn't that bright after all............or Stew is just full of shit............Idunno, but I don't really care either.

I liked his posts for the most part but I won't miss him.

Spy
10-08-2016, 09:28 AM
People who post their picture or any other picture on a Facebook account offer it up as free to copy at any time, it's up to the account holder to privatize their account settings so people can't see them, let a lone copy and paste them elsewhere.

Obviously Jelvis wasn't that bright after all............or Stew is just full of shit............Idunno, but I don't really care either.

I liked his posts for the most part but I won't miss him.
I would be pretty pissed off if someone I don't know took any of my pics and used them without my permission.

Sleep Robber
10-08-2016, 09:36 AM
I would be pretty pissed off if someone I don't know took any of my pics and used them without my permission.

Then don't be an idiot and let them !!

Spy
10-08-2016, 09:38 AM
Then don't be an idiot and let them !!
It is against HBC rules to do what Stew is doing. You are not allowed to post pics of other members, without their permission.

Bugle M In
10-08-2016, 09:50 AM
ah....facebook.....
Not sure why people feel the need to advertise themselves.
You use facebook, you run the risk of a lot of problems potentially.
Probably is against the rules however.
I would respectfully remove that pic, and let's just be done with it.
Back and forth bantering is something that is not productive on this forum.
Sadly, it happens to much on here at times.
Let it go, and let's just hope Jelly Belly is alright.
Even I have disagreed with him, but it is a forum, and we have differences of opinion, that have to be respected.
I know jelvis left us all wondering who he was, but, that is where it should have stayed, unless Jelly himself,
decided to tell us who he was/is.

Sleep Robber
10-08-2016, 09:50 AM
It is against HBC rules to do what Stew is doing. You are not allowed to post pics of other members, without their permission.

When posting a picture on the internet , you're now allowing anyone to copy it, and unless your on a site that has security settings that allow you to choose who can or can't see and/or copy your pictures then your pics are fair game to everyone and anyone............just fact.

Gateholio
10-08-2016, 03:27 PM

I have no way of knowing who the pic is, who took the pic, or whether stew is telling the truth or just made it up. No complaint has been made.

finngun
10-08-2016, 03:41 PM
Get JELLO back...more fun with him around...come back YA old bummer..:wink:. Cheers f,,,,,g

Spy
10-08-2016, 04:25 PM
I have no way of knowing who the pic is, who took the pic, or whether stew is telling the truth or just made it up. No complaint has been made.
Ask Frenchbar if it is indeed Jel, I get you don't know and no complaint was made. I just think it's not cool if the pic is indeed of Jel or any other member, I know I would be pissed if someone took my pics and posted them without my permission.

Whonnock Boy
10-08-2016, 04:29 PM
Once you post pics on the internet for all to see, they are in the public domain, and you no longer have any right to dictate what happens with them. Check your privacy settings if you do not wish for this to happen to your own photos.

Spy
10-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Once you post pics on the internet for all to see, they are in the public domain, and you no longer have any right to dictate what happens with them. Check your privacy settings if you do not wish for this to happen to your own photos.
Sure I agree with you, but it's a dick ass thing to do & against the rules on HBC.

frenchbar
10-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Dont listen to anything that frenchbar says ...hes a little f#%$ed in the head...

Big Lew
10-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Don't personally believe that's an authentic picture of Jelvis.
He is older, and always making comments about staying in 'lean and mean' shape.
Several years ago, on a hunch, I visited the Western Karate Academy in N Kamloops
while wearing my HBC hat. I saw a fellow hurry away from me as if he didn't want me
to get too close. I have no idea if it was the mysterious Jelvis or not, but it sure got
me thinking. Since then, while visiting my brother in Logan Lake, I gone by there a
couple of times but didn't see anyone similar or anyone that seemed to take interest
in my hat, so maybe I was barking up the wrong tree.

Gateholio
10-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Ask Frenchbar if it is indeed Jel, I get you don't know and no complaint was made. I just think it's not cool if the pic is indeed of Jel or any other member, I know I would be pissed if someone took my pics and posted them without my permission.

Why would I ask frenchbar?

Spy
10-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Why would I ask frenchbar?
Lol ;-) ;-)

f350ps
10-08-2016, 07:40 PM
I bet to meet that guy, he would be extremely interesting. Whoever jelvis was, was very well articulated. He might have driven a few nuts but to post how he posted and never brake character is huge. I am sure he is a "second personality" of someone here but that is just me.

Either way, I'd love to meet whoever he was.
I heard he lives in Lilloett and works for the highways department! K

Spy
10-08-2016, 07:49 PM
I'm quite happy not knowing what Jelly looks like.If he wanted us to know what he looked like, he would have posted a picture of himself next too a huge mule deer, years ago. I'm sure he wanted too keep his annominity, so why can't we respect that??? Probably the reason why he is not posting here anymore. :-( Jelly was a huge part of HBC and Is missed.

frenchbar
10-08-2016, 08:42 PM
I heard he lives in Lilloett and works for the highways department! K

Nobody works at the department of holidays ..

Gateholio
10-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Lol ;-) ;-)

????? I don't get the joke, sorry. I've never really "studied" Jelvis, don't know any backstory.
'

Salty
10-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Nobody works at the department of holidays ..

I'll ****ing say :-x

Salty
10-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Its pretty funny these theories of who Jelvis is. Its almost as funny as Jelvis himself! :)

I have a feeling we'll hear from the real Kamytown Mule deer slayer himself some day again

Spy
10-08-2016, 09:45 PM
????? I don't get the joke, sorry. I've never really "studied" Jelvis, don't know any backstory.
'
Post #41 Anyway Bugle them in has it right if he wanted us to know who he was, he would have..

Gateholio
10-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Living in a van down by the river? Ooookay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nhgfjrKi0o

frenchbar
10-09-2016, 06:22 AM
Farley was awesome. !

J_06
10-09-2016, 10:51 AM
Jelvis=kamlooky?

Gateholio
10-09-2016, 12:52 PM